• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC4 Database Thread

Frans.Hendrik

Academy Player
Hi all,

This is to share changes and database mods. We're busy building a new "default" database.
Can someone please share the original database without any changes with me??

What we trying to do:

1. Limit the use of fanhub players and creating new players as this has proven to make things unstable.
  2. The database is created with thousand of fake players, however some players are linked to their real counterparts.
  3. My editor can default a database, which will include renaming all players to their actual real names and tagging the remaining as fake players.
  4. Fake players should be used to create new players, by utilizing the existing player.

We are looking into creating a new stock default DB, that will have all teams and players with their actual names. Once that is done we need to start looking at player likeness to get these renamed players to have correct likeness.
Volunteers willing to assist please post here as well. You need to be able to use my editor, HEX editing and we'd need people to be able to make players look like their counterparts.

I will look into creating a once off utility that can copy the "likeness" between databases for a player. However won't be a public release as it will be unstable and there's still lots we dont' know of the DB.

What is the route where DB will be found?

yesterday buy the game and db this original

Great work - really good idea. Do you think we could use the remaining fake players as the base for new players that need to be added to the DB? Maybe a central spreadsheet to help keep track of it all could be an idea?

Great work - really good idea. Do you think we could use the remaining fake players as the base for new players that need to be added to the DB? Maybe a central spreadsheet to help keep track of it all could be an idea?
Yes, they should be the base for any new players. And they are easy to find as they will all be assigned to an nation in the game Vanuat, they get horrible stats and have the name fake player

Hi,

add the original DB to work if you need help tell me!

Regards

Also, I was playing about with kit info - the collar is set by the 10th byte from the start of the kit information.

A question for anyone who is good with understanding HEX.

Can you change a players number of 'caps' from 0 to a realistic number (ie. change Joe Moody to 50 caps like he currently has in real time)?
If so can someone figure out what HEX to change, how many bytes etc from that person.

This is purely a nice to have for a bit of realism in career mode.

Any response is appreciated, thanks.

I think stabilising the database is a great idea, I noticed on the xbox one version a lot of issues and bugs when moving players around

Latest posts