• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

recovery

janispodins

Academy Player
what about the pre match and recovery drinks after games and hard sessions?
which ones are the best and which one would you suggest?

Post match recovery for me yesterday having lost another final yet again consisted of 4 or 5 bottles of desporados chased by a bit of jager and then 3 goes of the pint at a game of Kings....needless to say school was wretched today

After a match one should certainly get in the bits. The big thing after training is getting yourself hydrated again. Lots of water or else you run the risk of suffering from cramp.

I don't really buy into any of those isotonic sports drinks tbh. To hydrate means to add water and there's no better way to add water to your body than drinking it.

Sorry bout the double post. Unlucky again No. Seven. Perhaps a name change is in order? ;)

Ah yes, drinking the day before school. I remember last year we had PE first thing on a thursday and it was student night down the beach on wednesday nights. I reckon that knocked about 40 points off my leaving cert...

Yeah a name change is required...constantly dicking ourselves in finals..
ah yeah ? one of the lads made it in after 18 bottles of miller...serious stuff.

And your for post game is alot of water and an orange or a bannana in my honest opinion :)

what about the pre match and recovery drinks after games and hard sessions?
which ones are the best and which one would you suggest?

I like keeping things simple so...I personally eat 1-2 bananas(potassium) and drink plenty of water after training sessions. Immediately before sessions/games, I always eat a Granola bar(slow release energy) along with drinking water.

Latest posts