• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Red Dead Redemption

toup

Academy Player
I searched and couldn't find a topic on this. Can only assume the search function is broken... we wouldn't have not talked about this... would we?

It's GTA in the Wild West folks...

Sounds interesting...
I quite enjoyed "Gun" which was a similar concept, will have to look this up

Looks pretty cool from all the vids and info seen so far. Just wondering about length and whether it will get boring quick like GTA 4 did.

Sounds interesting...
I quite enjoyed "Gun" which was a similar concept, will have to look this up

Played through that on PC donkeys years ago. was reasonably fun, although for a game named "Gun", there was far too much enphasis on bows and bleedin' arrows! Also, it was Peter Stringer short. I mean, it makes MW2 look like Final Fantasy when it comes to short games!

It looks like this game has a lot of scope for doing things away from the main story - trading goods, hunting animals for cash, working as security on ranches, hunting down wanted criminals... I think the lifespan is there if you enjoy the setting and the game. Gameplay looks as solid as GTA IV, but hopefully with more to do as you wander around... I think it looks great

It does look awesome I have to say, although very, very gritty. It'll be good but I can't see it being much "fun" if you get my meaning, a bit like GTA4 really.

GTA4 wild west? not likely, looks a lot like how we expected Gun and Call of Juarez 2 to be. makes me want to go play both the Juarez games. The second one is pretty awesome for wild west nuts even if there aren't that make weapon choices.

GTA4 wild west? not likely, looks a lot like how we expected Gun and Call of Juarez 2 to be. makes me want to go play both the Juarez games. The second one is pretty awesome for wild west nuts even if there aren't that make weapon choices.

By this I mean that it is a free roaming game with multiple vehicles and guns, featuring a protagonist with a shady past, made by rockstar games, using the GTA IV physics engine.

Oh, and you can steal horses...

Other than that there's no similarity.

Wouldn't be a Rockstar game without some sort of controversial thing added to the game...

I cant wait, this has been the top of my list to buy this year. So not long to go now comes out in may. This and the Iron Man 2 movie is what i have been looking forward to all year.

No doubt about it, can't wait for this. It just gets better and better with every trailer shown.

Free roam Multiplayer, and the whole map as well...OMG.

It's cool 'cos I've just been getting into Clint Eastwoods old Westerns as well which fuels the hype even more.

Last edited:
it does look pretty good and complete free roam in multiplayer is awesome. everyone needs to watch the multiplayer trailer that came out recently.

After watching some gameplay vids, i'm very excited!
Looks like the game Gun wanted to be, definatley will be pre-ordering this when student loans come out :p

This is probably the most Ive ever looked forward to a (non-sports) game. A game that finally has all the things I want from an action/adventure:

1. A realistic setting that I am interested in exploring just for the hell of it (not make believe or future apocolypse).
2. true open world and free roam.
3. A combat mechanic that makes me feel badass ( Dead eye, think bullet time.)
4. Enough gore to make it gritty, but not too much like fallout 3.
5. horses, guns and cowboy hats!

Ive been waiting for a game like this that either was set in Feudal Japan or the wild west.

I thought about creating a thread on this a while back, but this place was dead. Weeks literally went by without a single post in the gaming section. Rugby 2012 seems to have kick started things again.

Last edited:

Latest posts