Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Highlanders 13+

• Highlanders 12-

• Total voters
C

C A Iversen

You'd be a game man backing either of these teams to do any real damage in this years Super 14, although they say truth is stranger than fiction.

The Reds spent 2007 being lambs to the slaughter although this year the Highlanders are fully equipped to wrestle the no-hoper tag from their grasp. With mass defections, a complete embarrasment of a third string squad and a large side-order of financial woe, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the 2007 lambs-to-the-slaughter may be about to dine on the 2008 dead ducks.

There's something about matches like this, that make them spectacles that you can't stop watching. Unless the Red's have improved drastically over the off-season, this match will be like a bum-fight with two old men rolling around in the dirt fighting over a ham sandwich.

I'm praying that a miracle happens and a real rugby game breaks out.

Backing the Highlanders here, mainly to see them screw up the Reds plans of getting off to a good start in this years super 14 and then as they were ridiculously quoted "go on and win it". Ok you've got to have a positive attitude but as my esteemed colleague colourfully painted above, they ain't got a sh*t show of making the final.

I believe people are underestimating the Reds this year.

They've still got one of the best tight fives in the comp, and they were soley missed last year due to injury.

They've recruited some good backs in the off season with Siale, Turinui and Ioane, plus Latham is back playing, and Barnes will be much better from the world cup.

I expect the Reds to win this one easily. I think the Highlanders will be wooden spooners this year.

Potential Reds team -

1. Holmes
2. Moore
3. Blake
4. McMeniman
5. Horwill
6. Houston
7. Croft
8. Roe
9. Cordingley
10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. Siale
13. Turinui
14. Ioane
15. Latham

Not bad at all really...

I honestly think they'll improve, but won't have the cohesion that a side with that much talent should.

I'm tipping the Reds to go from 14th last year to 8th this year. That'd be an achievement after last year.

1. Holmes
2. Moore
3. Blake
4. McMeniman
5. Horwill
6. Houston
7. Croft
8. Roe
9. Cordingley
10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. Siale
13. Turinui
14. Ioane
15. Latham
[/b]
Jeez, the Reds must really be strapped of talent?

Highlanders to grind one out, I am hoping for a ***anic scrummaging battle...

<div class='quotemain'>
1. Holmes
2. Moore
3. Blake
4. McMeniman
5. Horwill
6. Houston
7. Croft
8. Roe
9. Cordingley
10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. Siale
13. Turinui
14. Ioane
15. Latham
[/b]
Jeez, the Reds must really be strapped of talent?

Highlanders to grind one out, I am hoping for a ***anic scrummaging battle...
[/b][/quote]

Whoops... one of those wingers should be Schifcofske...

Anyways, I really can't see the Highlanders winning this one at Ballymore...

I'm going with Reds on this one because Highlanders have lost alot of players such as Oliver, Hayman, Evans etc.

I'm praying for the Highlanders to have uncovered some amazing local talent and surprise with a win.

The odds are staggeringly against it, so I chose the Reds. They are ready to bounce back a little this year.

The Reds should win this one, it'll be tight for the first half hour or so as they really dig into each other in the forwards, but I think the Reds' backs will kick it up a gear in the second period and make the scoreline a little more respectable for themselves. Reds by 16.

Reds will win this comfortably.

The Highlanders have just lost their front row, as well as names like Bruce and Evans.

Reds were hit with a lot of injuries last year, but it seems they have their players back.

Highlanders to battle it out for the wooden spoon with the Cats or the Cheetahs tbh

BOYS! the reds win by 20...they are a much better side this year...add to that, the Highlanders SUCK! The last 4 years they have done rubbish, and now they are without their best players and coach!...they will not win a game all season FACT!

BOYS! the reds win by 20...they are a much better side this year...add to that, the Highlanders SUCK! The last 4 years they have done rubbish, and now they are without their best players and coach!...they will not win a game all season FACT!
[/b]

Whilst The Highlanders really aren't worthy of sucking scum off the ocean floor (as some may think), I can assure you that The Reds are the biggest laughing stock in the comp.

Reds to pick up 4 injuries and The Highlanders to romp home by at least 13 points in the sweltering QLD. heat, no worries at all :)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Whilst The Highlanders really aren't worthy of sucking scum off the ocean floor (as some may think), I can assure you that The Reds are the biggest laughing stock in the comp.

Reds to pick up 4 injuries and The Highlanders to romp home by at least 13 points in the sweltering QLD. heat, no worries at all :)
[/b][/quote]

haah made me laugh cullie...but cmon, gimme ONE good reson why the highlanders will even come within 20!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

haah made me laugh cullie...but cmon, gimme ONE good reson why the highlanders will even come within 20!
[/b][/quote]

ONE good reason? Hmmmmm..... they have Jimmy Cowan who was NZ's Super 14 player of the year in 2007? Am I clutching at straws .....lol yes.

Now, you give me ONE good reason as to why the Reds can win?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

ONE good reason? Hmmmmm..... they have Jimmy Cowan who was NZ's Super 14 player of the year in 2007? Am I clutching at straws .....lol yes.

Now, you give me ONE good reason as to why the Reds can win?
[/b][/quote]

haha nice! ok its 15-0 to you....
--Solid Front row, BLAKE, MOORE, HOLMES...
--The best player by FAR, in the Aussie Championship..Dave Croft, hes freakin awesome
--Barnes with a year and a world cup under his belt, will be a lot better for it, Same with Shifty
--Cordingly is fully fit, unlike last year
--Siale and Turinui in the midfield, will close those gaps and create them on attack (providing Mooney doesnt stick Morgan on the wing to mark Habana!)

Anyway, I just think they will go HEAPS better...

Am I an idiot :S

**** that's a turnaround I heard at halftime it was 21-7 to Blues... c'mon the Reds!

Well I guess that gives one of the reasons aussiedave was looking for, lol!

Latest posts