• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

reports coming out that Bowe is out of the tour

Yeah, no problems with him. Hook's fine.

Biggar's better.

I said it in an earlier podcast we did, Biggar scares me. Yes, he had a fine 6N and his form over the whole of last season internationally was good but we have to aknowledge that last season was the opposite of his career to date.

I'm not sure his overall temperament is up to coping with the huge occasion of a Lions Tour

m2DD7ss.png

There is a point with technology, Oliver, where we must ask ourselves "just because we can, does it mean we should?​"

Burns is better still!

Gutted about Bowe. Little bit of me dies if Cuthbert starts...

Such a shame their is a minimum size you have to be when it comes to this Lions party. Get Wade out there

Madigan's even better.

Let the real ******* contest begin.
Yeah well Biggar doesn't have a stupid haircut. He has a normal haircut. A proper haircut. One you could walk down the street with and nobody would confuse you for a bulky llama.

And Olly, two can play at that game-
Biggar Lions.png

Last edited:
Yeh, Biggar is going to need to shave the sides off if he wants a look in. If Madigan kept his, I'd have him down in a heartbeat. Play him outside Danny Care.

Two words:

Christian Wade.

And if Sexton is injured, two more words:

Stephen Myler.

Nuff said.

Hey, first post.

I'd like to think that Christian Wade would be the man to go to if Bowe is out of contention. His pace would add something to the squad that is really lacking in the current squad. Were we able to put out a back three of Halfpenny, North and Wade you'd have a great mix of pace and power. At 10 on talent it'd have to be Madigan or Burns, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gatland opted for a more experienced option such as Flood or Biggar. The thought of it being one of those two and Farrell as our only options is quite unsettling though!

I've decided to hop on this lads bandwagon for the wing spot.

316478_277030272327829_272473229450200_889398_72934615_n.jpg

Two words:

Christian Wade.

And if Sexton is injured, two more words:

Stephen Myler.

Nuff said.

Can't tell if serious or..

EDIT: To be fair BG8 he has been one of the form wingers in Europe on CLUB form, but he does seem to lack something on the international stage.

EDIT: To be fair BG8 he has been one of the form wingers in Europe on CLUB form, but he does seem to lack something on the international stage.

Trimble excels at club level because he has a nice well rounded game. Unfortunately it doesn't come through at international level because he doesn't really have an stand out attributes (he's a decent broken field runner, but lacks the out and out pace). I'd have him about 5th choice for Ireland, so he can't really be a serious Lions contender.

I'm serious...kind of. He's been brilliant. I think Peat once said something about me not being a fan and I have no idea where he got that from huge fan. I'd say his tendency to develop trampoline arms at international level is what cost him.

Latest posts