• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Resolution help required.

K

knowsleyroader

Ok so the PC version I got of RC2006 doesnt want to play ball. I had a similar thing with Rugby 2005. Im using my laptop which is a good spec so im surprised im having these kind of problems but there you go.

The game only wants to run in 640x480 mode despite me changing it to 1024x768 in the options. Its of course totally unplayable.

My graphics card is a radeon mobility 9600 and am pretty sure im using the latest drivers.

I heard there was a utility for those that were having trouble getting R2005 to run in anything above 800x600. Anyone know where I can get it from or does anyone have any tips after facing similar problems ?

Gutted !

Yeah might have a look at that tomorow. Thanks. Will send u a kit file, how do u view or edit .bag files ? Looked on google for an editor but couldnt find anything. Is it an adobe plugin ?

No idea mate, I'm gonna have a look...see what I can find. I know alot of people who edit FIFA and PES, they might prove to be of some use. There'll be some way to open it. Maybe an e-mail trev's way might help!

Have got the game running in windowed mode anyway so am going to have a go now. Will mail you some files in a moment once ive had a quick blast.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 25 2006, 10:55 PM
Have got the game running in windowed mode anyway so am going to have a go now. Will mail you some files in a moment once ive had a quick blast.
Any chance of posting some screenshots too? I know it's not long until the rest of us get it but still would be appreciated I'm sure...

I found this thing called Dragon unpacker, opens the bag files used in other games so it should work for this.

Just tried that Dragon unpacker. Doesnt work. Just trying to sort out my resolution problems as the graphics glitched badly in windowed mode. Runs fine in full screen but only in 640x480.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp !!!!!

Do me a favour. Send the file which is probably called "TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag" to me, or post it here.

It'll be the player database. I'll get going on it.

Finally got it going. Anyone else having problems should try running the game in windows 95 compatability mode, thats how I solved my problems.

Will look for the player bag file tomorow unless someone does it in the meantime like lox or anyone else who has the game.

Just had a quick half hour or so on the game and the control is soooooooo sublime. Even EA06 control doesnt come close. They are both very different. I think im really going to enjoy RC and I think thats maybe because I wasnt expecting anything from it.

The PC version is so smooth and the graphics are excellent.

Still havent changed my opinon so far, think its class.

With regards to the bag files, they are huge.

There is a gamedata.bag 60meg
career.bag 52meg
replace.bag 35meg

All the stadiums are bag files, player faces, everything.

If your into editing bags, your gonna love it
<

blic was similar so maybe the editors and progs used for that might work. your graphic card just may not be supported in the game pretty werid though and I guess annoying to have to run it in 95 compatablity mode. I don't think anyone else with pc version has been having the same problem as you.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Jan 26 2006, 07:58 PM
@Knowsley: Editing is my bag, baby.

Oh dear...
Does editing make you horny baby ? Yeahhhhh ...

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 26 2006, 12:54 PM
blic was similar so maybe the editors and progs used for that might work. your graphic card just may not be supported in the game pretty werid though and I guess annoying to have to run it in 95 compatablity mode. I don't think anyone else with pc version has been having the same problem as you.
Its working fine now. There is seemingly no in game difference between win95 mode or xp mode so it doesnt really matter as long as it works.

Sorry to repeat myself, but now it's working, any chance of some screenies/footage? Keep the rest of us going...

Originally posted by toup@Jan 26 2006, 10:13 PM
Sorry to repeat myself, but now it's working, any chance of some screenies/footage? Keep the rest of us going...
Will try to get some later and put it up.

Latest posts