• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Revenge is a dish best served cold Osama!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Something ain't right here

There is good reason question Obama's word at this stage, but at the same time it's only fair to give the US a few weeks to produce their evidence. They seem very confident and i would actually be very surprised if they are lying. Anyway, here is more on the burial: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/osama-bin-laden-dead-reports/story-e6frg6so-1226048559518

Tonight it emerged that bin Laden had been buried at sea, after senior administration officials said his body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition, and buried within 24 hours.

But finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said, so the US decided to bury him at sea.

Burying bin Laden's body at sea would ensure that his final resting place does not become a shrine and a place of pilgrimage for his followers, observers said.

It does seem odd, you would think there is more to it than this. Even so, it is a minor detail.

If he is dead, I disagree with Charles that this has no significant impact. When the Emperor died in Star Wars VI, the Empire fell...so.

On a serious note, there is a significance to this that people haven't yet seemed to quite click on to. For a start, you can guarentee that Obama will win the next election fairly convincingly, as the significance that the killing of the USA's most wanted terrorist, after nearly a decade of the previous administration searching, will go some way towards helping public opinion, in fact notice the number of times Obama mentions himself and his decisions in his speech. Another guess, is that there will almost certainly be retelation by Islamic extremists. In the up coming weeks, we can likely expect several terrorist threats, conspiracy theories and an Osama themed South Park episode.

While I can see Charles point that not everyone thinks "an eye for an eye", there is obviously a lot of Americans who believe that Osama is the kingpin of Islamic terrorism, and many feel that it goes some way to righting the wrongs of 2011. I doubt it goes anyway towards a peace effort, but it's fairly big news world wide all the same.

I also heard that he was on a dialysis machine, and in bad health, but it seems possible that he died. There are a few things that don't quite add up.

Last edited:
If he is dead, I disagree with Charles that this has no significant impact. When the Emperor died in Star Wars VI, the Empire fell...so.

On a serious note, there is a significance to this that people haven't yet seemed to quite click on to. For a start, you can guarentee that Obama will win the next election fairly convincingly, as the significance that the killing of the USA's most wanted terrorist, after nearly a decade of the previous administration searching, will go some way towards helping public opinion, in fact notice the number of times Obama mentions himself and his decisions in his speech. Another guess, is that there will almost certainly be retelation by Islamic extremists. In the up coming weeks, we can likely expect several terrorist threats, conspiracy theories and an Osama themed South Park episode.

While I can see Charles point that not everyone thinks "an eye for an eye", there is obviously a lot of Americans who believe that Osama is the kingpin of Islamic terrorism, and many feel that it goes some way to righting the wrongs of 2011. I doubt it goes anyway towards a peace effort, but it's fairly big news world wide all the same.

I also heard that he was on a dialysis machine, and in bad health, but it seems possible that he died. There are a few things that don't quite add up.

Actually the Saga Continued just no movies were made lol...Yes its great news but......to be continued

The death changes nothing in reality. Bin Laden was the face of Al-Qaeda but the person pulling the strings is Ayman al-Zawahiri. Bin Laden may well be gone but his following and legacy is still there. Id expect a retaliation soon enough.

Let me also make the following points.

1. His death is not a conspiracy. The man has gone.
2. The Navy Seals killed him in Abbottabad, Pakistan in a complex. They decided to kill him rather than capture him. If they captured him, imagine all the NATO workers who would face capture and torture if the US captured Bin Laden. Photos of him in orange jumpsuits and in Guantanamo Bay would have seen terrorist organisations loopy.
3. Putting his body into a sealed coffin and placed in the ocean is another clever ploy by the US. It stops Bin Laden having a shrine. It stops people celebrating his life. It means that Al-Qaeda does not have his body. But I do not believe or will not have anything that tells me that the US do not know exactly where is body is. I can safely say that the US know exactly where the coffin is, and probably has a tracker on it. There is no conspiracy why its buried in the ocean.
4. Charles is correct in his statement. Ill repeat what I said in my little opening sentence. Bin Laden may well be gone but his following and legacy is still there.

Woke up to this news and for some reason it put me in a very good mood ...but now I believe the **** is going to hit the fan...big style

I'm sorry, but I really can't manage to make myself care about this even a little bit. It's hardly like finding Sakic or someone. I suppose it's justice done in a way.

well I'd say a dead bin Laden doesn't bring back any dead civilians he may have been responsible for. It's just one more dead body to add to the pile.

Can't say I subscribe to that way of thinking. Taking thousands of peoples lives deserves punishment, and him alive would be more dengerous for many people, than him dead. I do believe prisons serve as a part of rehabilitation, however I can't imagine being stuck in an American prison will make him feel any less guilty for killing innocent people. Most people who have had family members killed almost always want justice, and while I realize that taking another life doesn't bring back the others, it may well offer some closure.

I don't think there's people celebrating in the streets outside of the US...The level of hysterics about this man is unparalleled in any other country...

Try telling that to the victims of 7/7 and their families.

Can't say I subscribe to that way of thinking. Taking thousands of peoples lives deserves punishment, and him alive would be more dengerous for many people, than him dead. I do believe prisons serve as a part of rehabilitation, however I can't imagine being stuck in an American prison will make him feel any less guilty for killing innocent people. Most people who have had family members killed almost always want justice, and while I realize that taking another life doesn't bring back the others, it may well offer some closure.

Killing someone and dumping his body in the sea without a trial, a deposition, anything, is not justice, it's murder.

Try telling that to the victims of 7/7 and their families.

So there's people caring in GB and the US. Look, I don't really care either way but it is not an event of any significant important for most of the world. Damage has been done already. The English-speaking world has been whipped into a frenzy for 10 years about this guy ans all this axis of evil crap, but there are other people with their own problems, and they make up the majority of the world.

Ye don't believe that fairytale? I had my suspicions and then when they said the body was dumped at sea it confirmed to me its a load of bull.

Ye don't believe that fairytale? I had my suspicions and then when they said the body was dumped at sea it confirmed to me its a load of bull.

Oh lord ... some of the points I made are valid for your sentence.

The death changes nothing in reality. Bin Laden was the face of Al-Qaeda but the person pulling the strings is Ayman al-Zawahiri. Bin Laden may well be gone but his following and legacy is still there. Id expect a retaliation soon enough.

Let me also make the following points.

1. His death is not a conspiracy. The man has gone.
2. The Navy Seals killed him in Abbottabad, Pakistan in a complex. They decided to kill him rather than capture him. If they captured him, imagine all the NATO workers who would face capture and torture if the US captured Bin Laden. Photos of him in orange jumpsuits and in Guantanamo Bay would have seen terrorist organisations loopy.
3. Putting his body into a sealed coffin and placed in the ocean is another clever ploy by the US. It stops Bin Laden having a shrine. It stops people celebrating his life. It means that Al-Qaeda does not have his body. But I do not believe or will not have anything that tells me that the US do not know exactly where is body is. I can safely say that the US know exactly where the coffin is, and probably has a tracker on it. There is no conspiracy why its buried in the ocean.
4. Charles is correct in his statement. Ill repeat what I said in my little opening sentence. Bin Laden may well be gone but his following and legacy is still there.

Killing someone and dumping his body in the sea without a trial, a deposition, anything, is not justice, it's murder.

So there's people caring in GB and the US. Look, I don't really care either way but it is not an event of any significant important for most of the world. Damage has been done already. The English-speaking world has been whipped into a frenzy for 10 years about this guy ans all this axis of evil crap, but there are other people with their own problems, and they make up the majority of the world.

1. Killing someone who has taken credit for the lives of thousands, while openly encouraging the death of westerners is hardly murder, especially considering he had armed men. His men were armed and prepared to die, I don't think Osama Bin Laden would go down quietly, and under which government do you give him a trial? Pakistan aided in the capture and killing of him, and he has taken the lives of many Muslims in Pakistan as it is, so I think whether or not he was present at his own trial, the outcome would be the same. There was also no surrender, so being taken alive was not really an option.

2. You're right, the capturing of Osama probably does not play a huge significance in most peoples lives, but very little news in the world does. If there is an attitude "It doesn't effect everyone, so who cares", than a majority of news is basically trivial. I'm not effected by the earthquake in Japan, but that doesn't mean I can't be empathetic towards those who have suffered because of it, does it?

1. Killing someone who has taken credit for the lives of thousands, while openly encouraging the death of westerners is hardly murder, especially considering he had armed men. His men were armed and prepared to die, I don't think Osama Bin Laden would go down quietly, and under which government do you give him a trial? Pakistan aided in the capture and killing of him, and he has taken the lives of many Muslims in Pakistan as it is, so I think whether or not he was present at his own trial, the outcome would be the same. There was also no surrender, so being taken alive was not really an option.
These are all valid points but it doesn't matter. This can not be called justice. Or maybe it can, coming from a country which has Guantanamo. You decide.
2. You're right, the capturing of Osama probably does not play a huge significance in most peoples lives, but very little news in the world does. If there is an attitude "It doesn't effect everyone, so who cares", than a majority of news is basically trivial. I'm not effected by the earthquake in Japan, but that doesn't mean I can't be empathetic towards those who have suffered because of it, does it?

You're right, most of the news is actually trivial. Had they taken him days or months after 9/11, that would have been news. Not now.
I'm objecting to the over reactions (americans dancing in the streets, hugh fiving each other etc). I'm not seeing a lot of empathy for the Irakis of the Afghanis who have suffered the most out of this whole story.

Last edited:
Call me strange, but I don't see celebrating the death of a human being as a good thing to do, yes he was horrible, I'm in no way defending him, but celebrating someone's death is just wrong.

Oh lord ... some of the points I made are valid for your sentence.

Pretending to bury him at sea also means they don't have to show any evidence. And the speed in which they done it! Osamas dead folks, oh by the way, we've thrown the body into the sea.

Pretending to bury him at sea also means they don't have to show any evidence. And the speed in which they done it! Osamas dead folks, oh by the way, we've thrown the body into the sea.

Really are you that foolish?

The US will have tracked the coffin in the ocean so they know exactly where it is. There are reports they are set to show evidence soon as well as DNA proof. Cannot understand why its that hard to understand.

Latest posts