• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Revenge is a dish best served cold Osama!!!

These are all valid points but it doesn't matter. This can not be called justice. Or maybe it can, coming from a country which has Guantanamo. You decide.

You're right, most of the news is actually trivial. Had they taken him days or months after 9/11, that would have been news. Not now.
I'm objecting to the over reactions (americans dancing in the streets, hugh fiving each other etc). I'm not seeing a lot of empathy for the Irakis of the Afghanis who have suffered the most out of this whole story.

This point I agree with you entirely. I don't believe the USA took the wrong actions in persuing him, and eventually killing him, but I see your point that the celebrations are not appropreate or an especially humane way to react. I think that it was an appropreate action from the USA, if for no other reason than to show that the lives of the people taken by Bin Laden, would not go unpunished, and therefore people can feel that they have a government that cares. With that in mind, death is obviously not a good thing, and the general feelling that I get is it was more of a "yeah, take that!" with chants of "USA, USA", rather than what it should be, which is a persons life was taken, for killing thousands of people both in America and elsewhere.

When your understanding of politics comes from Fahrenheit 911, it's time to sit down. There is no big conspiracy behind this, one way or another Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Last edited:
Really are you that foolish?

The US will have tracked the coffin in the ocean so they know exactly where it is. There are reports they are set to show evidence soon as well as DNA proof. Cannot understand why its that hard to understand.

Because they haven't shown us anything yet! All they've done is told us that they have proof and that they've tracked the coffin and that it is indeed him inside. I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly inclined to believe the word of the US military after their track record over the last forty or fifty years.

Now I think he probably is dead, but you can hardly blame people for being skeptical. You say it's hard for you to understand why people don't believe this, I'd say it's hard to understand how you can blindly accept it as true without having seen any evidence. The last time the US military told the populace to take their word they ended up stuck in Iraq for 8 years without a trace of WMD's in sight.

All the celebrations of this death, and all the other deaths of high-ranking Taliban/ al-Qaida, etc. leaders just go to show how far certain members of the Western world and supporters of Western values have strayed from their true ideals.

To celebrate the death of anyone is to de-humanise them. And to de-humanise anyone is a departure from that cornerstone of Western liberal thought, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It's quite ironic how the same people who go on and on about their human rights, the same people who form the anti-abortion lobby, are the ones who are whooping and cheering about bin Laden's execution/ murder and the ones who continue to support the death penalty.

I'm not coming down on any side here - bin Laden was obviously a cold, calculating and disillusioned murderer, but according to the values of Western society he is still a human being and we cannot be pleased about his death.

Candybum put it correctly - justice is not the same as revenge.

Because they haven't shown us anything yet! All they've done is told us that they have proof and that they've tracked the coffin and that it is indeed him inside. I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly inclined to believe the word of the US military after their track record over the last forty or fifty years.

Now I think he probably is dead, but you can hardly blame people for being skeptical. You say it's hard for you to understand why people don't believe this, I'd say it's hard to understand how you can blindly accept it as true without having seen any evidence. The last time the US military told the populace to take their word they ended up stuck in Iraq for 8 years without a trace of WMD's in sight.

******** to whats happened in the past.

Point is why would the US announce his death and then put the lives of civilians of NATO affiliated countries at risk with the possibility of retaliation.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/d...-now-for-an-explosion-of-conspiracy-theories/

EDIT: DNA - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-Ladens-body-identified-by-sisters-brain.html

i thought he was already dead considering he had a rumored kidney disease and he hadn't been mentioned on the news in years. i'm pretty sure Osama would have some kind of hierarchy in place so i'm guessing there will be someone there to fill his shoes. nothing's going to change i believe.

This point I agree with you entirely. I don't believe the USA took the wrong actions in persuing him, and eventually killing him, but I see your point that the celebrations are not appropreate or an especially humane way to react. I think that it was an appropreate action from the USA, if for no other reason than to show that the lives of the people taken by Bin Laden, would not go unpunished, and therefore people can feel that they have a government that cares. With that in mind, death is obviously not a good thing, and the general feelling that I get is it was more of a "yeah, take that!" with chants of "USA, USA", rather than what it should be, which is a persons life was taken, for killing thousands of people both in America and elsewhere.

Glad we can agree on the matter.

When your understanding of politics comes from Fahrenheit 911, it's time to sit down. There is no big conspiracy behind this, one way or another Osama Bin Laden is dead.

I happen to have researched it myself. I'd advise everyone to do it instead of believing something they heard on tv.

Really are you that foolish?

The US will have tracked the coffin in the ocean so they know exactly where it is. There are reports they are set to show evidence soon as well as DNA proof. Cannot understand why its that hard to understand.

The problem isn't me being foolish its you being gullible.

Here we go with the conspiracies....

How the hell can anyone do enough research to come to the conclusion that the USA are lying, when the USA have only had a few hours at this stage to back up their claims with evidence? It could take weeks for them to prepare their case/information for the public doubters.

It hasn't even been a day, of course the details are dodgey.

Anyone notice how funny it is that conspiracy theorists can never provide the same quality of evidence for their own claims, as they demand for the claims of others.

So far in this thread we have seen dodgey logic and a youtube link. Some great case they have.

I happen to have researched it myself. I'd advise everyone to do it instead of believing something they heard on tv.

Nice one buddy, the internet is never wrong, especially when it goes through the stringent examinations of evidence that Youtube videos go though. Upon further investigation, America never landed on the moon, JFK was assinated by the FBI, Roosevelt knew of Peal Harbor, Bush organized the 9/11 attacks and the world is going to end in 2012, cause I read it on the internet.

Nice one buddy, the internet is never wrong, especially when it goes through the stringent examinations of evidence that Youtube videos go though. Upon further investigation, America never landed on the moon, JFK was assinated by the FBI, Roosevelt knew of Peal Harbor, Bush organized the 9/11 attacks and the world is going to end in 2012, cause I read it on the internet.

Took the words straight out of my mouth.

Must add to what another poster said, the Empire continued until at least the New Jedi Order set of books, at least 40 years after his death :p

Good riddance, the US doesn't need to prove Bin Ladens death in the same way that the Coca Cola Company doesnkt need to prove that coke doesn't contain chopped liver in its formulae.

I wonder what George Bush is doing right now...

Anyone else think theres something very weird if not disgusting about the idea of Americans standing outside the white house chanting 'USA, USA', upon the death of, regardless of his terroist activities, just one man. It's insane.

And that could only hapen in America. For all its faults the UK saw the lockerbie bombie released back to Libya to die. If Obama had tried that in America he would have been assassinated within about a minute and the government would have had to resign. The Hysteria of that country, as people have been saying, is so insane.

Anyone else think theres something very weird if not disgusting about the idea of Americans standing outside the white house chanting 'USA, USA', upon the death of, regardless of his terroist activities, just one man. It's insane.

I find it very weird. But i'd blame it on the media for giving Osama Bin Laden the image of "America's worst enemy" (amongst other things).

Good on their military for getting something right, but talk about an over reaction...

This thread has indeed been interesting to read while trying to find something to prevent me from doing uni work. Loads of different opinions on the matter (then again what did i expect coming on the forum ;) ). Found it quite "amusing" when listening to an interview on the radio somewhere, when they said that the bloke that will "take over" isn't as charismatic. He's a terrorist not a frontman of a band :p

Anyways someone hit the nail on the head when they said South Park will parody it. Guess its expected, im sure there will be some interesting themes in that episode. Maybe something combining Charlie Sheen and Bin Laden ?? :p

But in all seriousness though, I guess its the US sending out a "don't mess with us, cause we will get you back" (Eventually)
Not gonna bring anyone back, and does seem like revenge rather than justice, but there we go. Who am i to comment on it

Is everything on youtube wrong? Some things are correct and its up to people to ue their brains if they have any to decide. Do you think I always believed 9/11 was an inside job? No I went along with what the media were saying. I heard people claiming otherwise and didn't believe them but instead of calling them names I researched it. Theres 1000's of videos on youtube that have evidence some of which comes from leading architects and demolition experts who also don't go along with the official story.

I suppose you believe the USA went into Libya because they were concerned about the people too? Nothing to do with the black gold under the soil there. Humanitarian me arse! Theres dictators all over Africa who are far worse than Gadaffi but who cares, theres no oil in those countries.

It's a pity as this Bin Laden fella could've done a job at 12 for us and blown a hole in defenses :p

Latest posts