• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reviewing the Review

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 26 2006, 03:11 AM
I think the thing that really did it for me is that I dont think it is as good as RL1 which I was still playing when RL2 was released.

I know most people think its a step up from RL1 and im probably in a minority but I just dont think its as good. Forget the franchise and features, yeah sure its better in that respect, but im talking about gameplay and for me it doesnt stack up.

Your right in that I hate it with a passion becasue I do feel betrayed and annoyed that my sport imo has been ****'ed up somthing chronic.

I take some of the responsibility of that in that after RL1 which I really loved I built it up in that I never dreamed it possible it would be a backward step.

Gutted wasnt the word ! However I could have just got over it and taken it back to the shop like Mario suggested. 
<
Yep, count me in the "really hate that game" club...........

Last straw for me was this little episode.........

1. After fiddling around I worked out a system that I thought made the game bearable/playable.
2. The system meant changing/editing individual players stats, a fairly long boring process.
3. 3 quarters of the way through doing this editing I get a message saying that I had reached my limit of "custom made" players!!!
<
<


WTF?!
<
How does editing an existing player add to my custom player quota?????????

Shouldn't editing existing players be completely seperate to this??

This means that being able to edit existing players is useless because you will be able to only change a certain amount of players and not the rest...........
<


A good way to see how good a game is, is to look at what they are selling for on trademe.co.nz - only 2 months after release RL2 is struggling to get bids of $55.00 NZL.
 
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 26 2006, 06:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 26 2006, 06:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 26 2006, 03:11 AM
I think the thing that really did it for me is that I dont think it is as good as RL1 which I was still playing when RL2 was released.

I know most people think its a step up from RL1 and im probably in a minority but I just dont think its as good. Forget the franchise and features, yeah sure its better in that respect, but im talking about gameplay and for me it doesnt stack up.

Your right in that I hate it with a passion becasue I do feel betrayed and annoyed that my sport imo has been ****'ed up somthing chronic.

I take some of the responsibility of that in that after RL1 which I really loved I built it up in that I never dreamed it possible it would be a backward step.

Gutted wasnt the word ! However I could have just got over it and taken it back to the shop like Mario suggested. 
<
Yep, count me in the "really hate that game" club...........

Last straw for me was this little episode.........

1. After fiddling around I worked out a system that I thought made the game bearable/playable.
2. The system meant changing/editing individual players stats, a fairly long boring process.
3. 3 quarters of the way through doing this editing I get a message saying that I had reached my limit of "custom made" players!!!
<
<


WTF?!
<
How does editing an existing player add to my custom player quota?????????

Shouldn't editing existing players be completely seperate to this??

This means that being able to edit existing players is useless because you will be able to only change a certain amount of players and not the rest...........
<


A good way to see how good a game is, is to look at what they are selling for on trademe.co.nz - only 2 months after release RL2 is struggling to get bids of $55.00 NZL. [/b]
To be honest...

of course they will be added to your custom players - you have 'customised' them.

<


and secondly, you don't need to individually change stats - you just increase stats in the custom options section to increase the game's playability - it changes all players simultaneously.

Otherwise, yeah, the game is pretty poo anyway I guess - although I have enjoyed playing it at times...it's passable, but flawed.

Don't bite my head off though!
<
 
Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 26 2006, 04:58 PM
of course they will be added to your custom players - you have 'customised' them.

<


and secondly, you don't need to individually change stats - you just increase stats in the custom options section to increase the game's playability - it changes all players simultaneously.
In reply...........

If the player you are editing has his place already in the game saved, why then would changing his stats make him part of your customised players?? Shouldn't any changes to Ruben Wiki's stats for instance be saved under the original Ruben Wiki??

Even so, whats the point of changing individual players stats when there is a limit to doing so (especially in this game where ALL the players individual stats are crapola...........)

As for using the sliders (I presume this is what you refer to....), they are crap because they affect both teams therefore are rendered useless if you wish to make adjustments to only the computer AI or your own.

Changing the sliders is not going to fix problems like the forwards being too fast whilst the backs are not fast enough for instance.......
 
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 26 2006, 05:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 26 2006, 05:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wow!aframeup!
@Jan 26 2006, 04:58 PM
of course they will be added to your custom players - you have 'customised' them.

<


and secondly, you don't need to individually change stats - you just increase stats in the custom options section to increase the game's playability - it changes all players simultaneously.
In reply...........

If the player you are editing has his place already in the game saved, why then would changing his stats make him part of your customised players?? Shouldn't any changes to Ruben Wiki's stats for instance be saved under the original Ruben Wiki??

Even so, whats the point of changing individual players stats when there is a limit to doing so (especially in this game where ALL the players individual stats are crapola...........)

As for using the sliders (I presume this is what you refer to....), they are crap because they affect both teams therefore are rendered useless if you wish to make adjustments to only the computer AI or your own.

Changing the sliders is not going to fix problems like the forwards being too fast whilst the backs are not fast enough for instance....... [/b]
Dead on the mark !
 
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 26 2006, 05:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 26 2006, 05:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wow!aframeup!
@Jan 26 2006, 04:58 PM
of course they will be added to your custom players - you have 'customised' them.

<


and secondly, you don't need to individually change stats - you just increase stats in the custom options section to increase the game's playability - it changes all players simultaneously.
In reply...........

If the player you are editing has his place already in the game saved, why then would changing his stats make him part of your customised players?? Shouldn't any changes to Ruben Wiki's stats for instance be saved under the original Ruben Wiki??

Even so, whats the point of changing individual players stats when there is a limit to doing so (especially in this game where ALL the players individual stats are crapola...........)

As for using the sliders (I presume this is what you refer to....), they are crap because they affect both teams therefore are rendered useless if you wish to make adjustments to only the computer AI or your own.

Changing the sliders is not going to fix problems like the forwards being too fast whilst the backs are not fast enough for instance....... [/b]
sliders don't help whatever specific thing YOU are trying to do - but they DO improve the game. For me they certainly did. You don't need to keep pressing x, you just hold it after two teps....forwards shouldn't be catching you - not crap ones anyway...if acc and spd increased etc....

otherwise I agree with you...

your in reply...left this out of what I wrote =

<Otherwise, yeah, the game is pretty poo anyway I guess - although I have enjoyed playing it at times...it's passable, but flawed.

Don't bite my head off though!
>

plse quote all the post if referring to it.

thanks
<
 
Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 26 2006, 09:22 PM
otherwise I agree with you...

your in reply...left this out of what I wrote =

<Otherwise, yeah, the game is pretty poo anyway I guess - although I have enjoyed playing it at times...it's passable, but flawed.

Don't bite my head off though!
>

plse quote all the post if referring to it.

thanks
<
You've got to learn to be not so defensive.....................

Items quoted were only those ones relevant to what I wanted to expand upon. My reply was only expanding my personal thoughts and reclarifying yours - no biting of heads.

The piece left out of my quote was irrelevant to the ongoing discussion, so to save space was left out - otherwise it is confusing for other users in knowing what particular statement (especially in your traditionally long posts) I am referring to.
 
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 27 2006, 08:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 27 2006, 08:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wow!aframeup!
@Jan 26 2006, 09:22 PM
otherwise I agree with you...

your in reply...left this out of what I wrote =

<Otherwise, yeah, the game is pretty poo anyway I guess - although I have enjoyed playing it at times...it's passable, but flawed.

Don't bite my head off though! 
>

plse quote all the post if referring to it.

thanks
<
You've got to learn to be not so defensive.....................

Items quoted were only those ones relevant to what I wanted to expand upon. My reply was only expanding my personal thoughts and reclarifying yours - no biting of heads.

The piece left out of my quote was irrelevant to the ongoing discussion, so to save space was left out - otherwise it is confusing for other users in knowing what particular statement (especially in your traditionally long posts) I am referring to. [/b]
<


um.........okay...

<


(an untraditional short post)

<


PS - my 2 cents, is that you SHOULD quote the whole piece...why? becos people can present two different approaches or valance their post in different parts - a quote from one part (especially of my posts) can be very misleading in terms of what I was actually saying. But I understand what you are saying.
 
Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 27 2006, 04:14 PM
you know, you could of not posted at all that would have been better
<
<
<
<
<


it is one thing to be predictable and another to be boring. plse stop being both. I am sick of you stalking me and making inane comments re: my posts, especially when there is nothing wrong with them.

cheers.
<


Oh no, I started reading your p - osttt a----g a i--------n.
<
<
 
Top