• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU 'The Way Forward' questionnaire

Help shape the future of the English game here:

The Way Forward

What is the way forward? You tell me, but promotion and relegation has to stay.
[/b]

Pretty much "Tell us what we want to hear" but important the likes of you and me register our voice otherwise National League rugger will be left to rot.

Well I've answered the questions in such a fashion to try and show the RFU that they are talking out of their arse.

The way the questionairre is written, it blatently says the RFU want;

- Complete control of franchises rather then clubs
- A ring fence on the Premiership
- Central Contracts for ALL players
- ND1 to become a "Development teritory"
- Less Rugby in the East Midlands (although I'm sure Leicester are exempt from that, eg. They want Northampton out)
- A total ban of forigen players

The RFU can f*** off.

Did anyone else pick the PRL option on the last question?

I did so after skimming briefly over the options and realising that all the others had some element of RFU bullshit contained in them.

The PRL option was the only viable one there. Unfortunately the only 14 team Premiership option had those thupid "conferences" in them.

The way the questionairre is written, it blatently says the RFU want;

- Complete control of franchises rather then clubs
- A ring fence on the Premiership
- Central Contracts for ALL players
- ND1 to become a "Development teritory"
- Less Rugby in the East Midlands (although I'm sure Leicester are exempt from that, eg. They want Northampton out)
- A total ban of forigen players

The RFU can f*** off.
[/b]

They were very loaded questions.

I disagreed (at least) with quite a lot of them.

14 team top flight...bin the Anglo-Welsh.

Scrap the Guinness A League and encourage farming to lower league teams.

What Option did everyone go for??

I went for PRL Option, it just seems the most sensible route forward...

What Option did everyone go for??

I went for PRL Option, it just seems the most sensible route forward...
[/b]

I was bored by then...I think I went for A

Would anyone go for the in-depth questionnaire?

I was tempted until I saw that it could take an hour to answer.

Considering the RFU won't pay attention to what I say I'm not willing to spend that much of my life trying to tell them my opinions in vain.

I'd just have one suggestion:

UPDATE THE F**KING LOOK OF THE WEBSITE!!! The RFU website has been stuck in 1998 since..well...1998.

Edit: Question on page 18:

The season timeframe should be extended to mid June to ease the fixture congestion problems [/b]

OH GOD YES!

Also:

One method of reducing the number of club games while keeping the same (or even increasing the) number of teams, would be to play the Premiership in a 'pool' or conference format, with an extended play off between the top teams in each 'pool' or conference, to determine the overall champion.[/b]

Now that would make much more sense in regards to the fabled GP playoffs, also have a relegation spot in each conference perhaps?

Central contracts are good. Anything else is evil and to the detirment of all mankind. Please remember this when voting.

Their Website is Pure Cack... It is time for an update, I believe...
[/b]

"Labyrinthine" I'd say.

It's nigh on impossible to find what you are after on it. If it's aim is to provide a resource for people requiring informaiton on things like community rugby it really need to be redone.

The funny thing is that they tease you with updating things like the Shop and the Supporters club, but ignore the rest of the site! :lol:

Latest posts