• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rhys Webb tests positive for HGH allegedly supplied by WRU

it's really weird how the only people in rugby who get suspended for doping are people finishing out their career in pro d2 or bottom half of top 14. I think my favorite was the Irish guy who was popped as soon as he retired to become a coach at a pro d2 squad.

This isn't that surprising. British Cycling had a doctor busted for bringing in PEDs. Nothing came out of it but I think everyone knows what is going on.

@ Mole: Dyantyi, but I get what you mean. I guess it has to do with managing risks. Risking 10 years at your peak aint the same as risking 3 when the door is already in sight, but i am 100% speculating. These things can be incredibly personal.

What i cannot understand is a mistake at this level. If you are an athlete and your and your family's livelihood depends on you being eligible to play, i cannot understand how dont you get someone to triple-check these things for you. I really don't. I'm sure you could even insure yourself against it or something (i.e.: if I take what the doctor orders me to and that gets me banned then someone pays me back, or some ****. If i self-prescribe it I'm ******).

@ Mole: Dyantyi, but I get what you mean. I guess it has to do with managing risks. Risking 10 years at your peak aint the same as risking 3 when the door is already in sight, but i am 100% speculating. These things can be incredibly personal.

What i cannot understand is a mistake at this level. If you are an athlete and your and your family's livelihood depends on you being eligible to play, i cannot understand how dont you get someone to triple-check these things for you. I really don't. I'm sure you could even insure yourself against it or something (i.e.: if I take what the doctor orders me to and that gets me banned then someone pays me back, or some ****. If i self-prescribe it I'm ******).
yeah Dyanti is the standout one cause he was so young. But he was also a late bloomer so maybe he started doping outside of an organized setting.

I imagine with the older guys they just get desperate when their career looks like it might be over. Their old teams tell them to take this much testosterone so that they don't trigger a more specific test but then they feel the need to take more to keep up with guys ten years younger.

Just saw Jantjies tested positive for clen. So he also fails Olyy's theorem of if you fail a rugby drug test you are an idiot.

IDK how HGH drug tests so I can't comment on how likely they are to get away with it.

it's really weird how the only people in rugby who get suspended for doping are people finishing out their career in pro d2 or bottom half of top 14. I think my favorite was the Irish guy who was popped as soon as he retired to become a coach at a pro d2 squad.

This isn't that surprising. British Cycling had a doctor busted for bringing in PEDs. Nothing came out of it but I think everyone knows what is going on.
A lot of pressure to keep up your performances and continue to make a living. If you are not caught you get another season if you are caught? Well you would have been out of contract anyway

It would be helpful for rugby to have an equivalent of stripping medals off people found cheating. In rugby what does Webb and Jantjies lose from this? A one year contract that they may not have secured without PEDs. Whoop-de-doo.

Tipex out their names from 6N and TRC / RWC winners (surely they get some sort of memento for these wins).

Latest posts