• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Richard Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Juggernaut

Richard Harris is an accomplished actor. He is well known worldwide for his acting skills rather than his rugby skills but it's something he said that made me nominate him for this prestigious award.

But first, lets read about him first.:

NAME: Richard St.John Harris
BORN: October 1, 1930 - Limerick, Ireland.
DIED: October 25, 2002.

Harris was born in Limerick, Ireland, one of nine children of farmer Ivan Harris and Mildred Harris (nee Harty). He was schooled by the Jesuits at Crescent College. A talented rugby player, he was on several Munster Junior and Senior Cup teams for Crescent, and played for the well-respected Garryowen club. He may have gone on to become a provincial or international-standard rugby player, but his athletic career was cut short when he contracted tuberculosis in his teens. He remained an ardent fan of Munster provincial rugby team until his death, attending many matches.

Now this is the quote and the main reason why I nominated him:

"Do you know what? I’d give it all up tomorrow, the whole lot, for one Irish cap. Just one. There is hardly a day that passes that I don’t think of what it would be like to run out on to Landsdowne Road as one of the Irish team."

Gold.

Not Inducted - Due to lack of Senior Rugby still a very cool fact I never knew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts