• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rico gear and the haka

I think any person who will lead haka will do it with great love :cheers:

so guys don't worry about that much :cheers:

adriana-lima3.jpg

Umaga was by far the best leader of the Haka in my opinion, there's just something about his overall appearance which makes it all fit together really well plus he had a powerful voice.
McCaw leading somehow doesn't quite cut it for me, though I must say h's usually a very convincing performer during the haka, he doesn't slack off and always has that imposing look on his face. Still I guess there are/were better leaders than him. Gear was very good for one.

They should keep doing Kapa O Pango because we whopped the Wallabies after doing it.

They should keep doing Kapa O Pango because we whopped the Wallabies after doing it.
[/b]

Nah, Kapa O Pango I think should only be performed in New Zealand on New Zealand Soil.
Because it makes references to New Zealand, and doesn't quite seem the same if your not on NZ soil.

Besides, at full strength the All Blacks are almost unbeatable at home and Kapa O Pango should back that up.

I dont believe K.Mealamu is leading the haka now...!!.......the guy does'nt have a drip of Maori blood!!!
If U aske me he should'nt even be in the team at the moment!!!

I don't really care who leads the Haka Maori or not as long as they do it with passion than there should be no problem. Mind you when Mealamu lead Kapa O Pango his 'Ponga Ra' chant just didn't seem right he didn't use the right tones but it's all good thou.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 27 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think any person who will lead haka will do it with great love :cheers:

so guys don't worry about that much :cheers:

adriana-lima3.jpg
[/b]
Lol..um this is Adriana Lima....um....how is leading the haka with "great love" going to make it a powerful haka? :lol:

Tana Umaga's voice always bugged me when he was leading the haka.
It sounds high pitched and shrill and doesn't get you going like Rico's for example.
But there is one haka that sticks in my mind where he's screaming and ripping at his chest as if he wants to tear off his jersey ala Hulk Hogan. Very cool!

I don't think anybody's led the Haka as well as Tana did since he retired. I can still remember getting shivers down my spine when he first led it against France in 2004. The way he led the first Kapa O Pango was also amazing, beacause it was before the PC brigade got involved and he just went crazy.

Byron Kelleher was always in danger of doing himself serious injury when performing the Haka. It would have been interesting to see him try and lead it.

Latest posts