• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rl2 News...

L

locksley

Hello all

Just letting you know that I've kindly been invited to Alternative Softwares HQ to test the PC version of RL2.

Both Myself, and Knowsleyroader will be there at midday tomorrow (Thursday 17th November), and will stay for around 3-4 hours.

If we get the nod from Roger Hulley, we'll put up an exclusive preview on this site in the next couple of days.

If there's anything in particular you'd like me to look out for, let me know in this thread. I'm not promising that I'll check everything out, but I'll do my best.

Keep your eyes peeled!

the only thing i am worried about is how the offsides are handled
<
like in the other thread with no ref is there a line or something to determine the 10m gap.

though i am sure it wouldn't be to hard to figure out how far 10m is (i am sure most of the other players would be back there.

i wouldn't mind just your general perceptioin of the game
<

damn you are one lucky soab
<

yeah I think just a general review of how you and knowsleyroader would be good. don't think there is anything really to look for as it pretty much has been covered already. I guess like woosah said how the offsides are done with no ref or touchies visible. and another thing is to have a look at how update the teams are. apart from that you and knowsleyroader have a great time.

couldnt have a look at the customablility of the players and teams are for us? and a look at the carrer mode.

yo da man locks

Originally posted by locksley@Nov 17 2005, 09:27 AM
Hello all

Just letting you know that I've kindly been invited to Alternative Softwares HQ to test the PC version of RL2.

Both Myself, and Knowsleyroader will be there at midday tomorrow (Thursday 17th November), and will stay for around 3-4 hours.

If we get the nod from Roger Hulley, we'll put up an exclusive preview on this site in the next couple of days.

If there's anything in particular you'd like me to look out for, let me know in this thread. I'm not promising that I'll check everything out, but I'll do my best.

Keep your eyes peeled!
man, your a lucky, important man!

i envy you!
<

Id like to know how it plays with the keyboard. I loved using my keyboard for RL1, and was wondering how features will work. for example the new passing thing were you can hold down a button to bring up icons to help you with more acurate passing. It would be good to know if the keyboard will be good enough.

I suppose they will give you a flash pc controller to use though!

Just a quick one. Could you check that you can rearange your team (like, when you take of your wing, can you put your current centre on the wing and the replacement player at centre).

Cheers,

Good for you guys...........

Maybe have a good look at the computer AI in a single player match.

ie. scrum defense, line defense, variety of attack etc.

Hey locksley Would it be alright if I posted this on the offical Rugby League 2 forums?

yeah I like our forum the way it is. most people are reasonable and we have good debates on here. although on the other hand maybe some of them might look at other sections and buy rc2006. I guess its up to locksely really as he and knowsleyroader are the ones going.

Well if we are allowed to post a review on here at least you will know you will get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Hopefully its a rocket of a game but I am going there with an open mind and not taking anything for granted.

In fact me and Lox are considering putting our review on ebay
<

Starting price of £0.99 ? Bargain or what
<

ah your a good man knowsley and hopefully you can put it up here. put it up on ebay as an insider review from someone at sony or something like. some sucker from the sidhe forums would proabbly buy it with a subtle link placed on the sidhe forums

Quality!

Have a look through the SL teams, whos the best rated SL side? What is the depth like on the squads?

Cheers

Originally posted by locksley@Nov 17 2005, 11:27 AM
Hello all

If there's anything in particular you'd like me to look out for, let me know in this thread.  I'm not promising that I'll check everything out, but I'll do my best.

Keep your eyes peeled!
Will you capture footage locksley or will it be just a written preview?
Perhaps you could hook up a dvd Recorder or take a video camera.
How awesome would It be If we got 3-4 hours of Rugby League 2 footage.
<

Locks there are several new features that have been mentioned but not really tested, they are:

Contesting the high ball, jumping. How does it work, is there a marker where the ball comes down?

Different types of kicks, bombs, grubber, and chips. How effective are they?

Kicking the loose ball. Grubber run after and grubber again.

One on one ball strips. Can you strip on a multiple tackle and get penalized for it?

Holding down on the tackle, does it vary tackle to tackle?

Would really appreciate you testing these things out.
Cheers and Salu

Hello All

Just got back now, but unfortunately I've got to go straight into work
<

I'll make a start on my review when I get back (Around 10pm)

We did get some footage and screens, but whether HES will allow us to post these here remains to be seen.

It should be interesting to read our reviews, because Knowsley loves RL1, and I don't like it at all anymore. So what did we think of RL2? You'll soon find out.
<

Latest posts