Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Venue: Langtree Park, St Helens
Time: 8pm
TV: Premier Sports

I'll be there tonight as heavily fancied Australia come to town to take on Fiji. Both teams were victorious last time out and either could secure qualification with a win today. I'll try and take my camera and snap a few pictures if I possibly can. Should be an exciting game although you'd have to fancy Australia to win.

Australia: G Inglis; J Hayne, J Morris, M Jennings, D Boyd; J Thurston, D Cherry-Evans; M Scott, C Smith (capt), J Tamou, L Lewis, J Papalii, N Myles.
Subs: B Cordner, R Farah, A Fifita, P Gallen.

Fiji: K Naiqama; M Koroibete, S Waqa, W Naiqama, A Uate; A Noilea, A Groom; A Sims, J Storer, P Civoniceva (capt), T Sims, J Bukuya, K Sims.
Subs (from): A Koroisau, E Vunakece, K Evans, V Junior Roqica, D Millard.

Torrential rain and high winds in St Helens forecast to get worse as we get closer to kick off. Wonderful!

It will hopefully be a leveller for the Fijiians. They will need as much help as anyone else.

I'm looking forward to the game, it's the first one I've been able to get to. But the weather is far from peachy.

Should be a hard physical game. Unfortunate I might be missing this one.

OZ all over Fiji, first half was a little tighter (16-2) but class of the Kangaroos coming through, would be nice if Fiji scored a try but I don't know if it's coming.

Edit Hmmm that's odd this message was sitting here for a while, maybe it didn't send for about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
I've just got back from the game, boy was that cold. I've got photos and videos.

And there's a video of the national anthems. I can't really convey just how heavy the rain was, it absolutely hoofed it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts