Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Venue: Parc des Sports, Avignon
Time: 8pm
Television: Premier Sports

This is a big game in Group B. France will fancy their chances of qualifying after their gruelling win over PNG as they welcome the world champions to their back yard.

And I am delighted to say that this game is SOLD OUT - no room for stragglers!

Hopefully this is brutal. Not illegally, but in the old school knock him down-beat him up-drag him by the hair type match that the French use to have. I wanna see the Kiwis under duress all match. We need to clear some players out before we get into the finals. I would've at least rested Waerea-Hargreaves giving Kasiano more game time to share with Bromwich.

Good luck to the French - hopefully the conditions and the home ground advantage make this match as close as the Samoa match.

Kiwis got this fairly comfortably IMO. The French whom I'd like to see do well, will simply end up doing a lot of tackles, miss-tackles and regathering under the posts watching Shaun Johnson miss half his kicks at goal.

Im really just watching this game to see my favourite player Sonny Bill Williams in action. Hope to see Shek zig zag through the colours that he normally wears in the NRL. Luke is another, actually Im gonna put down Luke as the first try scorer for one of my bets.

France, France, France!

Looking forward to this :D
I think the Kiwis will win, having learnt from their mistakes in their previous game (i.e. they should play more as a team, not as 13 individuals), but France will give it a good go, and the atmosphere will be great - very happy to hear it's sold out!

Im really just watching this game to see my favourite player Sonny Bill Williams in action.

Um he's not on the team list. They've got the extremely talented Alex Glenn (the cook islanders could've used someone like him a couple of days ago) but 1 thing I can guarantee - EVERY kiwi try scorer (and probably the french as well) will place the ball as soon as they go past the try line.

What no Sonny??..oh well watch it anyway, im sure it'll be a goodie.

I think Sonny forgot how short the NH ingoals for League is either that or he was too busy conjuring up a post try celebration.

I think the Kiwis will win comfortably tonight.

oh there's a France NZ in Rugby League too ??...at home for France huh...shouldn't the kiwis destroy France at league ? (please don't make the "oh, like they don't at union ?" joke...)

France are competitive and little more than that. They won the game they needed to on Sunday against PNG, with the tournament format that should be enough to get them through to the quarter finals if they lose to Samoa or New Zealand, which they probably will in both instances.

In French Media this game is really hyped. People are a bit fed up with soccer and the place where the game will take place is really pro league.
I'm expecting a very good game but at the end the Kiwi's will increase the pace and outclass the French

France are competitive and little more than that. They won the game they needed to on Sunday against PNG, with the tournament format that should be enough to get them through to the quarter finals if they lose to Samoa or New Zealand, which they probably will in both instances.

Eight.....err, I mean, *Right !

Say, you seem to be into league, I know this isn't the place to ask but I don't want to start a thread just for this, but really quick - why does one follow both league and union ? Personally I love everything about union, and have never seen anything I liked out of the limited footage I've seen. Yes, I know, I should watch a full match to really assess, but still I really didn't like what I saw, and in my mind it seems one is either league or union, but obviously that's wrong.
Care to justify why you go both ways ?! HUH ?!! nah kidding, I'm just curious, really quick...

Union is top notch but lately there is just too much rugby out there. I like the variation in the game as well as the big hits.

Not a big fan of that haka.
Love how France just went off and did another warm up afterwards :lol:

Latest posts