• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rob Howley Not In WRU's Plans

As a fellow Bridgendian like 'Stan', I should be appalled at that ;)

However, the facts appear to be that Wales are not as attacking as perhaps they could/should be whilst he is coaching their attacking play?

Dai Young in as boss?

Best news in years.

Shane Williams calling for Stephen Jones, but Imo he needs to gain proper experience as a head coach at a club/region first. wouldn't mind having him as backs coach though, with the view that he returned to Scarlets as head coach afterwards, or possibly a joint tole with Wales and Scarlets improving skill levels.

Wouldn't mind Shane Williams, Stephen Jones or Scott Quinnell being given the top job.

All honest grafters, but would have to earn their credentials in management first.

Hallelujah!

As for his replacement, I think we have to look at Stephen Jones if he'd be willing to take it. I'd quite like Dai Young for the top job and Stephen Jones as attack coach, whilst keeping on Edwards for defence...

Surely Wayne Pivac is a contender? Just won the Pro12 with Scarlets and knows the Welsh players very well. Would be a similar appointment to Schmidt going from Leinster to Ireland.

Surely Wayne Pivac is a contender? Just won the Pro12 with Scarlets and knows the Welsh players very well. Would be a similar appointment to Schmidt going from Leinster to Ireland.

I always feel experience of going far/winning in Europe is important before stepping up to international level, as it is practically international level when you get to the knock out rounds. Schmidt has that pedigree. Winning the Pro 12 was a fantastic achievement, but this is Pivac's first proper head coach roll at top level (I believe?), I am not sure it's the right time.

Pivac's done well, but then Mallinder did a decent job at Northampton and was touted for the England job before Lancaster was given the nod.

Dai Young would get my vote at present.

Latest posts