• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rogers goes back to league

i dont get it...aboriginies as a whole are naturally gifted athletes just as islanders yet they struggle to make much as impact to aussie rugby as maori/islanders do for new zealand?...explain this to me..ive seen andrew walker play..he is a demon with the ball in hand...greg inglis is a perfect example of a naturally gifted aborigie footballer...are they on the rise now?....

i dont get it...aboriginies as a whole are naturally gifted athletes just as islanders yet they struggle to make much as impact to aussie rugby as maori/islanders do for new zealand?...explain this to me..ive seen andrew walker play..he is a demon with the ball in hand...greg inglis is a perfect example of a naturally gifted aborigie footballer...are they on the rise now?....
[/b]

I can't help but feel that they are too attracted to league to make an impact on union except in the odd occurance such as this one. I know for a fact that in our smallish country town the local league team pays players per win, a good perk for playing sport in a poorer community. We have had a few converts in the past year though thanks to their former team not playing so well and our team being on the up so players came over for the fun of the sport and not the money. Still a one eyed league town though... very much like every small town in the non AFL states and territories.

Wallabies are gonna have a stupid amount of quility 10's by the time of the 2011 WC...

Beale
Barnes
Cooper
SNK
Lealiifano
Giteau
[/b]

Personally I wouldn't call Gits a quality ten - he is either an inside or a scrum half. Lealiifano is absolutely awesome, and he is on a rookie contract at the Brumbies, yes that's right a rookie contract. I suppose he is in a similar situation to Beale in that he is very young and time will tell whether he will last, but he hasn't had enough hype, but he is good. Also, other potential flyhalves are Fairbanks, Huxley and I reckon you could slot Faingaa in there.

But not only flyhalves, wingers and centres as well. Two words: Francis Fainifo. This guy is the next big thing once we say farewell to Lote, Gerrard and Rathbone, he is a serious flyer and can score from just about anywhere. I've seen him play a few club games in Canberra along with the APC and he is excellent. Also, the other Faingaa, Saia will surely make it to the starting hooking position with experience.

Jesus, and all these players I've mentioned are Brumbies.... we're going to be good next year!!

<div class='quotemain'>
Wallabies are gonna have a stupid amount of quility 10's by the time of the 2011 WC...

Beale
Barnes
Cooper
SNK
Lealiifano
Giteau
[/b]

Personally I wouldn't call Gits a quality ten - he is either an inside or a scrum half. Lealiifano is absolutely awesome, and he is on a rookie contract at the Brumbies, yes that's right a rookie contract. I suppose he is in a similar situation to Beale in that he is very young and time will tell whether he will last, but he hasn't had enough hype, but he is good. Also, other potential flyhalves are Fairbanks, Huxley and I reckon you could slot Faingaa in there.

But not only flyhalves, wingers and centres as well. Two words: Francis Fainifo. This guy is the next big thing once we say farewell to Lote, Gerrard and Rathbone, he is a serious flyer and can score from just about anywhere. I've seen him play a few club games in Canberra along with the APC and he is excellent. Also, the other Faingaa, Saia will surely make it to the starting hooking position with experience.

Jesus, and all these players I've mentioned are Brumbies.... we're going to be good next year!!
[/b][/quote]

Now your showing your Brumby bias Jacko.... Fairbanks, Huxley and A.Faingaa will never play outhalf for the Wallabies. IMO Faingaa is the only one of those blokes with the potential to one day cement his place in the test squad... but it wont be at 10.

What are the odds of Anthony getting a game this year?... you'd think with Huxley,Fairbanks and AAC all able to play 12 there would be no reason for Fisher to risk him this early unless the Brumbies wrap up a finals berth with a few weeks to spare.

Franky is the rookie that looks most likely to make an impact this year, he tore it up in the APC last year and looks ready to mix it with the big boys, he just needs Gerrard or Rathbone to get injured or AAC to f@#k up big time and he'll no doubt get his chance.

The winger im expecting to shine this year is Caleb Brown, i'm thinking he could have the type of breakthrough year that Gerrard had in 2004 and i'd be surprised come tri-nations time if he's not part of the Wallabies squad. He's only 19 and he's already built like a brick shithouse and faster than most of the current Wallaby wingers... and like Franky, he tore it up in the post season with 12 tries.

Tuqiri can **** off back to little league after the World Cup, we've got more than enough wingers for 2011...

Ioane
C.Brown
Stapleton
Mitchell
Fainifo
Rathbone
Gerrard
Shepherd
Turner
Siale
Inglis? :bleh!:

We just need one of these guys to devolope into a quality 13 or for Johansson to pull his finger out this year and show us what he's really capable of ..... after Mortlock goes we look pretty light in that area.... Johansson,Turinui,A.Faingaa,Pelesasa(maybe Cross) none of them have really done much in the last year.

In truth, I don't think that Fairbanks will make it as a flyhalf, nor do I think Faingaa will. There are too many on that list to get in front of, I was just making apoint that they could become quality fly-halves - not perect, not as good as Beale or Cooper or SNK or Lealifaano, but they are there as an option.

Yes it's Brumbies bias, but I can't escape it. As they are my team I know most about them when compared to other teams. Huxley, is a decent player and I can see him playing test rugby in the future whether it is at 10, 12 or 15 I'm not surebut he has the potential to be a top level 10. That's all I'm saying.

Im glad rogers is gone.
I think he had come to the realisation his role for the wallabies for the world cup was off the bench.

Latest posts