Rogers goes back to league

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by The TRUTH, Dec 14, 2006.

1. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Not a huge loss for the Wallabies but a massive blow for the Tahs to lose their star player this close to the start of the new season.

Thank for the memories Mat.... one of the most exciting Super12/14 players ever... you will be missed.

I guess this opens the door for Kurtley Beale to make his Super Rugby debut a little earlier than expected.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

Now you guys can start Preparing Kurtley Beale to be the Best Fly Half ever according to AUS.

4. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Best athlete ever! .....get it right ;)

5. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Kurtley Beale? Who's he?

6. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Obviously poor Rogers is still smarting from getting nailed hard by Josh Lewsey.

7. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

This made him feel better....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

position: flyhalf

height: 184cm

weight: 86kg

Kurtley Beale comes to the Waratahs from renowned Sydney Rugby nursery St. Joseph’s College, where he played first VX in 2004, 05 and 06.

An ultra-talented flyhalf whose silky skills have been compared to those of Mark Ella and Stephen Larkham, Beale signed with the Waratahs while still in year 11 at school. Captain of the Australian Schoolboys in 2006, Beale is set to tour with the squad to Fiji and New Zealand over September and October and will join the Waratahs after the completion of his High School Certificate examinations.

from the tahs website

8. BokMagic

BokMagic Guest

Quie a loss for the Wallabies IMO- great back-up to Latham at fullback. Was he maybe just a bit ****** off at moving between flyhalf/centre during the November internationals, or did he hear some vicious rumour that he was being considered as the Wallaby answer to their ongoing problems in the loosehead prop position?

Anyway, real rugby`s loss is diet rugby`s gain- I personally really rated Rogers as a player, always unpredictable and always quite a threat with ball in hand. Thanks for the memories.

9. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

Well from what Ive seen. Kurtley Beale will be the fastest 1st 5 in the World or already is, As he is a schoolboy sprint champ according to a few Rugby reports. His pass is right up there deadly accurate and fast. I watched him kick a perfect game against Newington this yr. He didnt impress though when playing against the NZ schoolboys.

10. Ripper

Ripper Guest

I've been hearing about Kurtley Beale since about 2003/2004 when he was only 15 years old - he better be worth all this hype.

11. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

He is a exceptional Talent. Sometimes he tries to do too much on his own though. When watching him against Newington, Arguably the second best 1st XV in Sydneys Comp. Beales Passing and kciking is what won the game. He took over the game by himself sometimes with little Linking up plays or just chipping it to himself. Took care of Tonga on the schoolboy tour with 4 tries. Didnt do too much agiants NZ, sometimes trying too much by himself it seemed. Remember he has been training with the Wallabies and Larkham wants him to continue to train with them as Larkham said he is an exceptional Talent. the Next Ella and Larkham Combined.

12. scot

scot Guest

All this chat is doing the kid no good. It seems pretty ridiculous to me to be labelling him better than Ella and Larkham, two of the greatest flyhalves to play the game, when he hasn't even kicked a ball in a professional game of footy.

There's a young Queenslander, signed with the Reds this year, who is of about equal ability judging from the games I've seen, yet barely a word has been raised about him. Both should get game time this year, so we will see.

Anyway, I think you'll find after the Super 14 finishes that Berrick Barnes is the clear stand out to fill the shoes of Stevie Larkham.

13. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Lets hope so... Australia are dangerously in need of a class 10.

14. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

It was pretty clear after this years Super14, it's just a shame he and SNK got injured before the november tour.

Well we may have 3 or 4 if McKenzie does the right thing and plays SNK or Beale instead of that little hack Halangahu.

Wallabies are gonna have a stupid amount of quility 10's by the time of the 2011 WC...

Beale
    Barnes
    Cooper
    SNK
    Lealiifano
    Giteau

15. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

Ella is his Trainer and Manager, And the Words were not of him being better, But Ella and Larkham speaking of his potential.

16. scot

scot Guest

Ella is his Trainer and Manager, And the Words were not of him being better, But Ella and Larkham speaking of his potential.
    [/b][/quote]

Your words were "the Next Ella and Larkham Combined". To me that says he is going to be better than both Ella and Larkham.

17. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

Well Ella is his trainer and Manager and Ella said he would be known as one of if not th greatest Fly Half of Australian Rugby. Larkham said he wants him in the wallabies squad so i guess equal saying

18. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

They compared him to Mark Ella and Larkham because thats what he looks like when he plays.... i mix of the two.

Doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna be better than those two legends, although it would probably be fair to say he's better than they were at the same age.

19. scot

scot Guest

All I'm saying is putting such pressure on the lad at only 17 years of age can only be a bad thing.

20. sanzar

sanzar Guest

It all depends... some people thrive on pressure! Brad Fittler had tonnes of accolades and pressure thrown on him at the age of 19 and just kept producing... though it's fair to say his best footy came when he'd matured.

21. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!