• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 10. Brumbies v Waratahs

D

Dumbo

Good local match up.
The Brumbies (5th on the ladder) take on the Waratahs in Cranberra.
The Brumbies against the Lions last week continued their impressive form while the Tah’s took the Crusaders to the line.
So all in all, even thought he Brumbies are sitting 5th it’s a good opportunity for the Tah’s to sneak in a win.
If players like Loti can keep up the same level of dedication as he showed last week then things could be really interesting.

Leaning towards the Tah’s in this one.

Brett Sheehan is out for 3 weeks with a rib injury

Great news!

This means that last years under19 world player of the year Josh Holmes FINALY gets his first taste of Super14 action.

Interesting that his first game should be against Gregan and the Brumbies. The Brumbies are soon set to sign Holmes to replace old Greegs for next year.

Those of you who watched the under19 RWC last year will know just good Holmes is gonna be.... just think Ruan Pienaar with a better pass.

What does this mean for Luke Burgess???

Correct me If I'm wrong but I thought I saw Holmes playing 7s for Aussie in Hong Kong??

Anyways, this is one match I'd really love to watch. That Tah's are back with enthusiasm, team spirit and cohesion (I wonder if it's anything to do with Norton-Knight palying at 10?).
They will want to move out from the basement and move to the middle floor.

The Brumbies are coming back from two wins in SA and are playing at home. Huxley is playing like there's no tommorrow. Gregan & Larkham are back to their usual best.

But, I want the Tahs to win simply because I dont want the Brumbies to be probing the top 4 positions.

Waratahs by 8.

Correct me If I'm wrong but I thought I saw Holmes playing 7s for Aussie in Hong Kong??
[/b]

Yep, you sure did.

Waratahs: 15 Peter Hewat, 14 Lachie Turner, 13 Morgan Turinui (v-c), 12 Sam Harris, 11 Lote Tuqiri, 10 Sam Norton-Knight, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 David Lyons, 7 Tim Davidson, 6 Rocky Elsom, 5 Will Caldwell, 4 Ben Hand, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Adam Freier ©, 1 Benn Robinson.
Replacements - from: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Matt Dunning, 18 Dean Mumm, 19 Beau Robinson, 20 Josh Holmes, 21 Kurtley Beale, 22 Ben Jacobs, 23 Daniel Halangahu, 24 Dave Dennis

Kinda of over hyped Beale :( SNK has been the Tahs best 10 in ages though so Beale might have to find a new position or new state.

Kinda of over hyped Beale :( SNK has been the Tahs best 10 in ages though so Beale might have to find a new position or new state.
[/b]

Amazing that it's taken this long for SNK to get a shot at 10, if he had been given the chance last year(like he should have been), the Wallabies would of had a great back up for Larkham by now.

I dont think Beale is overrated at all, it was always gonna be a big ask for an 18yo to come straight from school and run a S14 team... he'll come good. I'd like to see him play 12 or 15 for the next year, just until he gets use to the pace of pro footy.

Yea he has the talent just that I was calling for him to be the Wallaby no 10 in the WC ;)

SNK should have been 10 from the start of the season which I would have been really happy with.

Great display from the Brumbies, attack is starting to really click with Gerrard and Larkham in full flight. Huxley had an awesome day with his running and his usual top notch kicking. Bit surprised with his goal kicking as when he left us he was a 90% gk.

As expected the Brumbies have woken up.

As always the only contenders really are the past winners and a blender for the semis.

Latest posts