• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 10: Waratahs v Brumbies

ummm, i think a certain irish centre may have something to say come the summer, but in terms of physicality and explosiveness he is the best outside centre in the world.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 16 2006, 07:53 PM
ummm, i think a certain irish centre may have something to say come the summer, but in terms of physicality and explosiveness he is the best outside centre in the world.
He didn't have the best night in terms of attack(that had alot to do with Larkham getting injured) but all year he's been cutting teams apart.

BOD is also great, i hope we get to see them go head to head later in the year...... that will be a great contest.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 16 2006, 10:24 PM

The hightlight of the match for me though was seeing stirling pick up wendeel like a ***** and slam him to the ground.
Wendell did get smashed in that tackle, but not too long after it he ran around Mortlock making him look like a punk! Gotta ask though, how bloody late was this game on for you in Wales? You must have stayed up, or got up at an ungodly hour to watch it!

Great game though, I thought the Brumbies looked like they might be too good in defence at half time, but the Tah's forwards really took it to the Brumbies and I thought Whitaker comprehensively outplayed a pretty quite Gregan as well.
The moment for me was definately the Try before half time, which incedently involved Sailor offloading a ball around an unsuspecting Mortlock standing idly in defence, and was then showed up by Norton Knight in the chase created by Lote :D . It was Brilliant stuff!

it was on half ten in the morning - it wasnt too bad

some of the matches are on really early, like 7 or 8. but i dont mind. its good ****

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 16 2006, 11:00 PM

BOD is also great, i hope we get to see them go head to head later in the year...... that will be a great contest.
Won't it be great if Gasnier comes over to union and makes the wallabies? Imagine that match up! It'd be unbelievable, as no centre in Australian Union has the ability to stand up and beat players in the way Gasnier does, so him v BOD would be absolutely scintillating!

woooo...lovely opening 20 minutes in this match

so many big hits i was gonna cry in joy!

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 17 2006, 09:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Apr 16 2006, 11:00 PM

Won't it be great if Gasnier comes over to union and makes the wallabies? Imagine that match up! It'd be unbelievable, as no centre in Australian Union has the ability to stand up and beat players in the way Gasnier does, so him v BOD would be absolutely scintillating! [/b]
tana & mealamu > bod & gasnier

Originally posted by sambãd5+Apr 17 2006, 10:51 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 17 2006, 09:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Apr 16 2006, 11:00 PM

Won't it be great if Gasnier comes over to union and makes the wallabies? Imagine that match up! It'd be unbelievable, as no centre in Australian Union has the ability to stand up and beat players in the way Gasnier does, so him v BOD would be absolutely scintillating!
tana & mealamu > bod & gasnier [/b]
Maybe BOD, but I'd say Gasnier would be too big for those boys :D , and anyway, Umaga has chickened out of the international scene so who cares :p .

It's a shame Larkham went off with only 10 minutes up. That was the turning point really. Brumbies totally lost direction, Fairbanks is as bad as the Force 5/8s. Brumbies were looking really good early on.

But full credit to the Tahs they played good footy in the 2nd half, Norton Knight was awesome at 2nd five. Rogers was fairly quiet. Hewat's kicking game just keeps getting better and better.

Without Bernie Brumbies didn't have any composure... still they had some good defense (I think Mortlock really played out of his skin... great defense), Fairbanks... back to the drawing board mate.

As for mentioning BOD, who cares mate... Mortlock would pumble him.
Never know about Tana... there might be a surprise on the horizon come world come time if NZ has no quality center.

Looks the final of the super 14 may look a lot like last year.

tana chickened out after maiming every class centre in the world after the 03 world cup where he was too injured to do so...

hahaha...i jus remember the trinations where he fended lote tuquri away like he was a paper bag..bwhahaha

tana a chicken hahaha...the day i see tana back down from a challenge in rugby is the day i see armeggeddon..and Jesus hops on the rugby field and battles everyone

Mortlock is playing the best footy of his career and kicking goals from everywhere. I've never seen him looks so powerful and now hes showing his defending skills. I would say hes better than BOD right now.

i would agree, hes definitely and intimidating prospect, and i can see him ******* all over england backline.

I sincerely hope Gasnier doesn't come to union. I don't think he will do a whole lot, not like Tuqiri. He will find it difficult in defence and I can't see him troubling players like Nonu, Mortlock etc. Sure its ok when he plays people like Berrigan who are twice as small as him but with bigger men running at him I think he will struggle. The bad thing is that it looks almost certain that he will switch. I hope it doesn't and if it does, I hope he plays trash and never sees a Wallaby jumper.

id like 2 see him come..as he is one of leagues better players,i want to see what effect he cud have playing union

i dont know how safe it would be having a 11)sailor 12)gasiner 13)tuquiri backline. sure it would be good, but too many leaguies?

Originally posted by toothpick@Apr 17 2006, 09:01 PM
I sincerely hope Gasnier doesn't come to union. I don't think he will do a whole lot, not like Tuqiri. He will find it difficult in defence and I can't see him troubling players like Nonu, Mortlock etc. Sure its ok when he plays people like Berrigan who are twice as small as him but with bigger men running at him I think he will struggle. The bad thing is that it looks almost certain that he will switch. I hope it doesn't and if it does, I hope he plays trash and never sees a Wallaby jumper.
Ok against smaller men? You don't watch much league I'm guessing... Mate Gasnier will be dynamite in Union just like he is in League! It'll probably take him a little bit to get used to, but his running game is 10 times better than motlocks and is also big enough to take care of himself in defence (seriously, league players are generally better in defence because they have to do so much more of it!). If Gas comes to union, then Mortlock can say goodbye to his hold on his wallabies jersey ;) .

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 17 2006, 11:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-toothpick
@Apr 17 2006, 09:01 PM
Ok against smaller men? You don't watch much league I'm guessing... Mate Gasnier will be dynamite in Union just like he is in League! It'll probably take him a little bit to get used to, but his running game is 10 times better than motlocks and is also big enough to take care of himself in defence (seriously, league players are generally better in defence because they have to do so much more of it!). If Gas comes to union, then Mortlock can say goodbye to his hold on his wallabies jersey ;) . [/b]
has he even signed a contract yet? how far is the deal down the track? any confirmation? how soon? he will play 13 right?

hang on, is SOO coming up?

Latest posts