• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12 - Bulls v Sharks

D

Dumbo

Bulls (ranked 5th) take on the Sharks (ranked 6th) in the match of the round, both teams have a solid chance of cracking the semis… both teams are coming off impressive wins… both will be wanting the points…

The Sharks are going to show the Bulls what playing Super 14 Rugby is all about. Not boring one dimensional bash and smash, maul and crawl, bind and grind; but 15 man, expansive, exciting rugby. Sharks will overtake the Bulls and finish the highest RSA team.

Sharks by 10 points

This will be great game , if the Sharks were at home i think they might have won comfortably...... but at Loftus, i cant really pick a winner.

I like the Sharks more but i want the Bulls to get back to there best so they can knock off the Crusaders next week.

I pick a draw

Well, there is a lot to play for here, the team that loses this one writes itself out of any chance to get into the play-offs so it will be a ***anic match this one. I've been on holiday for a while and have failed to keep abreast of things the past six weeks but as any fan would, I back the boys in Blue to win by 10.

Originally posted by Bull+Apr 25 2006, 01:08 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Groen_en_Goud
@Apr 24 2006, 04:46 AM
Sharks by 10 points
:lol2tn:

Not at Loftus! [/b]
I don't know how the SA rivalry's play out, but so far you'd have to say the Sharks look a far more complete team than the bulls, who seem to have the least imagination of all the teams bar the cats...

Did you watch the Bulls/Cats game? Morne Steyn brings a lot to the backline as does Jaco vd Westhuyzen. But we'll see what happens, I think it'll be a good game.

Originally posted by Bull@Apr 25 2006, 01:15 AM
Did you watch the Bulls/Cats game? Morne Steyn brings a lot to the backline as does Jaco vd Westhuyzen. But we'll see what happens, I think it'll be a good game.
Yeah... but it was the cats mate! I don't take anything away from games against the cats. When we put 50+ on them earlier in the year it didn't make me feel any more confident about playing the Crusaders if you know what I mean. Playing them is like having a training session.

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 24 2006, 02:42 PM
Playing them is like having a training session.

Be careful about statements like that Sanzar, I think the stormers coach said something to that effect in the beginning of the S14 and was slated by some on the forum for "not being a sportman" and being cockey....

Bulls team:

15 Jaco van der Westhuizen, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Frikkie Welsh, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 Pedrie Wannenburg, 7 Tim Dlulane, 6 Jacques Cronje, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Danie Thiart, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Wessel Roux.

Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Jaco Engels, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Pierre Spies, 20 Francois van Schouwenburg, 21 Heini Adams, 22 Akona Ndungane.

Tony Brown and Ruan Pienaar have been passed fit, despite media reports earlier in the week stating that the half-back pairing will miss out on the match against the Bulls due to injury.

Coastal Sharks XV to take on the Northern Bulls:

15. Percy Montgomery
14. Cedric Mkhize
13. Adrian Jacobs
12. Andries Strauss
11. Odwa Ndungane
10. Tony Brown
9. Ruan Pienaar
8. AJ Venter
7. Jacques Botes
6. Warren Britz
5. Johann Muller
4. Johan Ackermann
3. Brendon Botha
2. John Smit (Captain)
1. Heinke van der Merwe

Reserves
16. Bismarck du Plessis
17. Deon Carstens
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Keegan Daniel
20. Scott Mathie
21. Bradley Barritt
22. Brent Russell

:rahh: I've been pumped all week waiting for this clash :rahh: . The tight 5 is going to decide a great deal of the game. My prediction, The Sharks pack to get the better of the Bulls pack. :injured:

And the Sharks to win by 10 points. Loftus is about to get invaded!!!!

Bulls traditionally very strong at home, but Tony Brown is leading the Sharks round the field well, going to be tight, Sharks just for me...

Half Time 27-3 Bulls :eek: .....I've never seen the Bulls this fired up, 4 tries in the first half.

I thought this would be a close game but they way the Bulls are playing the Sharks have no chance.

Poor Groen, he must be devastated

From a Sharks supporter, Congratulations Bulls. I hope you now continue and gain the Semi finals birth. I hope you get it. B)

34 - 27 to the Bulls

Truth, not so devasted now. At half time, I was fuming. The Sharks allowed themselves to get bullied in the first half. They played right into the hands of the Bulls. But the Sharks composed themselves better in the 2nd half.

Ek bly 'n Haai!! Sharks forever

Final Score 34-27 to the Bulls in what turned out to be an exciting finish

Great fightback from the Sharks .

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Apr 30 2006, 12:48 AM
From a Sharks supporter, Congratulations Bulls. I hope you now continue and gain the Semi finals birth. I hope you get it.  B)

34 - 27 to the Bulls

Truth, not so devasted now. At half time, I was fuming. The Sharks allowed themselves to get bullied in the first half. They played right into the hands of the Bulls. But the Sharks composed themselves better in the 2nd half.
IMO the Semis have been wrapped up for weeks, but hopefully the Bulls can smash the Crusaders ....... if they play the way they did in the first half they'll win.

ps. if i never hear that Bulls song again i'll be a happy man :p

Latest posts