• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12: The thread Olyy was too scared to make

Heffernan's Ireland chances can't have been helped by losing 3 lineouts in the first 7 minutes.

Poor drop from Conway, not up to his usual standards. Not the most exciting match so far.

I'd happily go into half level playing against a nasty wind. Poor game so far we've had to do way too much defending..

Edit: I'm no wind expert it's going our way now.

Lucky not to concede a try at the end there. We've managed conditions pretty well and suffocated them when they've had the ball. 17 points a good return. Pack have all been really good in particular Cloete who was unfairly pinned for his first turnover imo. Casey doing pretty well with tempo, kicking, but his passes have been a bit wonky.

Will be watching the Connacht match but I think we have the wrong Connacht hooker in the squad.
To be fair I've always liked Heffernan and was pretty happy when Farrell called him up but he was poor during the Autumn and at 30 with single digit caps I'm not sure he's worth persevering with. We're pretty awful at hooker though across the board.

It also raises the question about Denis Buckley again. He's the same age as Heffernan and is one is good enough to get a chance then surely the other is too? We're not in a position to be throwing away looseheads. He's not the long term answer but he could be a stopgap.

Paul Boyle is always good whenever I see him. We have much more depth in the backrow than LH/hooker but given that Andy seems pretty happy to call up Connacht players liberally I can see him getting a go at some point in the near future.

On another note not international contenders but Tom Daly and Alex Wooton are two guys who've done really well after a move after not looking great at Leinster/Munster respectively.

Conway just finfing feet after very tough 2 months.
Casey is a gem and said it before Haley is an international 15. Managing conditions superb here at 15.

Job done I suppose but feel we maybe could have twisted the knife. Conway started really poorly but had two really nice breaks. Pack were good but our discipline kills me.

I just streamed this game and for the first ten minutes or so it was broadcast in a language I've never heard before. I'm guessing it was Irish gaelic, then it switched to English for the rest of the game.

Latest posts