• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 13: Hurricanes v Highlanders

D

Dumbo

The Canes currently sitting at 9 on the ladder take on the Highlanders who are one spot above them.
The Canes will be looking to improve as part of their ‘need to keep improving’ program as sitting 9th on the ladder towards the end of the Super 14 will have Canes supporters shocked, or ‘shocked as’ as the case maybe.

Highlanders have been playing some interesting rugby of late, the forward pack is getting on a lot more dominance since the return of the big boys.

I for one think the Highlanders can take this out in a pretty high scoring game.

Highlanders: 15 James Wilson, 14 Lucky Mulipola, 13 Jason Kawau, 12 Charlie Hore, 11 Viliame Waqaseduadua, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Craig Newby, 7 Alando Soakai, 6 Josh Blackie ©, 5 Tom Donnelly, 4 Filipo Levi, 3 Carl Hayman, 2 Anton Oliver, 1 Clarke Dermody.
Replacements: 16 Jason Macdonald, 17 Chris King, 18 Hoani Macdonald, 19 Ezra Taylor, 20 Toby Morland, 21 Callum Bruce, 22 Matthew Saunders

Honestly, I dont know who will win this one. They have been up & down this season so it's very hard to gauge them.

But I like the Highlanders, so here's to hoping they win.. :drinks:

Highlanders by 6.

HURRICANES:
15 Cory Jane, 14 Hosea Gear, 13 Tana Umaga, 12 Tamati Ellison, 11 Shannon Paku, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Piri Weepu; 8 Rodney So'oialo ©, 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jason Eaton, 5 Bernie Upton, 4 Paul ***o, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 John Schwalger. Reserves: 16 Tone Kopelani, 17 Anthony Perenise, 18 Bradley Mika, 19 Serge Lilo, 20 Alby Mathewson, 21 David Smith, 22 Ma'a Nonu.

Interesting to see how Jason Eaton gets on at blind side flank.

Huricanes will be to strong in this one.

The Hurricanes will be looking good against the Highlanders. I believe they really would have beaten the Crusaders last week too.

lol, Hurricanes scrape past..

Nick Evans misses the opportunity to win the game for the Highlanders..

I think Nonu showed enough to the selectors that his defence is terrible.. He pretty much gifted the Highlanders the last try after being beaten by Evans after he seemed to have him covered.. And in the end, Nonu was left in no-mans land.

My god he's dumb, I can't help going insane when I watch him perform his latest f*&*k up. That's about the only thing he does consistently as well.
There is just no way on earth that you would select him for ABs, he has so many glaring weaknesses in his game and despite being give more opportunities than most to fix them he's just as bad or worse than he used to be, I mean now he barely ever breaks a tackle and opposition defenses all know how to contain him.

Latest posts