• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14- Crusaders v Brumbies

Originally posted by esoj@May 12 2006, 05:43 PM
and by a dome do you mean something with a roof over it?
Yes, or a decent stadium with good drainage....... the Jade pitch was a disgrace tonight.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+May 12 2006, 11:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@May 12 2006, 05:43 PM
and by a dome do you mean something with a roof over it?
Yes, or a decent stadium with good drainage....... the Jade pitch was a disgrace tonight. [/b]
Hahaha....the whole of NZ atm has flooded rugby feilds!!!! So much rain this week and its still going!

Pumped... shame on you Brumbies, shame on you.

That makes it interesting...

Shame on you George Gregan, shame on you...

What a waste, Giteau, Larkham and Gregan all were going to comeback for the next match to give the Crusaders a big challenge. Now they are out. What a waste of a season. And Fairbanks is clearly not the answer to our 5/8 problems and Wilson well hes gone now.

If you do not show the Cruaders respect....they will disrespect you.....

Only the Crusaders are allowed to rest top players (see last week)....

Lol not even the Crusaders can rest top players (see two weeks ago ;))
Carter makes such a big difference and he was just brillant yesterday as well.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 13 2006, 09:15 AM
If you do not show the Cruaders respect....they will disrespect you.....

Only the Crusaders are allowed to rest top players (see last week)....
I thought they were still all injured...
Anyway, serves the brumbies right for falling to sleep in the last 10 minutes. Though it is a shame that we couldn't see Larkham v Carter...
However, this actually may prove to be a good thing, because the Sharks seemed to really trouble the crusaders and its possible they could cause an upset.

Originally posted by aussie1st@May 13 2006, 10:24 AM
Lol not even the Crusaders can rest top players (see two weeks ago ;))
Carter makes such a big difference and he was just brillant yesterday as well.
:lol: :lol:

Trust you to remember lol! :bravo:

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 12 2006, 08:35 PM

ps.NZ need a dome.
NZ needs better stadiums generally... Most of them are about the same level as the Newcastle or Nth Qld stadiums at best and they don't have anything like Suncorp, the SFS or Telstra.

were just too small to have stadiums like those. it doesnt matter anyway. why should you have perfect surfaces all the time? rugby is about handling all types of conditions all the time.

thats why i hate the idea of having a roof over. it just gives the advantage to sides with **** weak forward packs and good backlines.

hmmm funny that... theres only one country around with a **** forward pack and a good backline and it seems to be theyre fans that are complaining about conditions.

Originally posted by shiznit@May 13 2006, 02:07 PM
were just too small to have stadiums like those. it doesnt matter anyway. why should you have perfect surfaces all the time? rugby is about handling all types of conditions all the time.

thats why i hate the idea of having a roof over. it just gives the advantage to sides with **** weak forward packs and good backlines.

hmmm funny that... theres only one country around with a **** forward pack and a good backline and it seems to be theyre fans that are complaining about conditions.
I wasn't complaining about the conditions... I think you'll agree that being a Waratahs fan I'd have no reason to ;) (see the rain soaked Dunedin match against NZ's premier forward team the Highlanders for evidence as to why), I was basically just saying the NZ doesn't have any truly world class stadiums, which is true. Seriously, it's a dam shame that you guys are hosting the World Cup when the atmosphere of the final will be nothing like it has been in the coloseum like stadia of other countries... SA, England, Australia, France, they all have brilliant grounds for big matches! Heck even Wales have Millenium! And it's not like they're bigger than you.

Frankly, I'm disappointed. Yes, very much so, but heck well done to the Sharks. We only have ourselves to blame for our elimination. We didn't get enough bonus points and we were very lucky with some of our results. We shouldn't have beaten the Bulls, we shouldn't have drawn with the Stormers... heck we were lucky to beat the Sharkies. We should have scored another try against the Force, against the Cats, etc. Last night just finished us. To let in 21 points in the last 10 minutes is disgraceful. Yes, the Sharks won 7, lost 6, but they played much better overall - even when they lost. Well done.

Our turning point was the Waratahs game, but we went in the wrong direction. Yes Larkham got injured, but we have capable back-ups. Since then we have lacked a lot of confidence and frankly we didn't deserve to be in the semis if we'd got there.

Congratulations to the Sharks and I'll be backing them for the finals! Here's hoping an SA team can finally win Super Rugby....

Signing off,

Jacko Laxative ;)

Sanzar,

The problem is for New Zealand is that they don't have a national stadium and as such are unable to build a huge stadium.

You suggested that even Wales have a better stadium.

Well, duh!

Wales only ever play rugby games at the Millenium Stadium and think of all of the other games that are held there. The FA Cup final tonight, the League Cup, the occasional rugby league match as well. I am sure that there are rugby club games held there as well. So they get at the very least a dozen big games there a year that sell-out at a premier price.

Where-as in NZ - they share the test matches for the All Blacks all around the country so that everyone gets a reasonable chance at watching a test match.

I am sure that the NZRFU could fund a huge stadium built in Auckland or even Hamilton (cheaper option and not really that fair from the biggest commercial city in NZ) and just play all of the big games there (test matches, the Super 14 Final (if a NZ team hosts it), the NPC semi-finals and final).

But the other provinces are not happy to do that and the NZ public would much rather have rugby a lot more accessable then having one huge stadium.

And as for the qulaity of the pitch in Christchurch - better than anything that Australia has. There had been a heap of rain and the pitch held up beautifully. Sure there was water on the surface - rugby is a winter game and it rains in the winter - but there wasn't any pools of it anywhere.

Just compare that to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne - the Aussie Rules players are always complaining about how dangerous it is.

Originally posted by BigTen@May 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Sanzar,

The problem is for New Zealand is that they don't have a national stadium and as such are unable to build a huge stadium.

You suggested that even Wales have a better stadium.

Well, duh!

Wales only ever play rugby games at the Millenium Stadium and think of all of the other games that are held there. The FA Cup final tonight, the League Cup, the occasional rugby league match as well. I am sure that there are rugby club games held there as well. So they get at the very least a dozen big games there a year that sell-out at a premier price.

Where-as in NZ - they share the test matches for the All Blacks all around the country so that everyone gets a reasonable chance at watching a test match.

I am sure that the NZRFU could fund a huge stadium built in Auckland or even Hamilton (cheaper option and not really that fair from the biggest commercial city in NZ) and just play all of the big games there (test matches, the Super 14 Final (if a NZ team hosts it), the NPC semi-finals and final).

But the other provinces are not happy to do that and the NZ public would much rather have rugby a lot more accessable then having one huge stadium.

And as for the qulaity of the pitch in Christchurch - better than anything that Australia has. There had been a heap of rain and the pitch held up beautifully. Sure there was water on the surface - rugby is a winter game and it rains in the winter - but there wasn't any pools of it anywhere.

Just compare that to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne - the Aussie Rules players are always complaining about how dangerous it is.
Well, personally I wasn't really talking all that much about the surface, I think they're pretty good here and in NZ (difference is that while we have a problem of weak ground due to the dry landscape you guys suffer from monsunes...) just the size of the stadiums and their quality... You make a good point about the AB's giving the people of NZ a chance to watch it everywhere, and I like that, but you guys should still really have a proper national stadium. At the moment for Union and League we've really got 3 with the SFS, Telstra and Suncorp. The Wallabies still play games in Perth and Melbourne occasionally, and if people really want to go to a game they'll book a cheap flight or bus and get out there! I went in Perth once.

God job Canterbury it might have taken 70 minutes to come alive but we sure dealt to those Brumbies.

Yay 1 less Aussie team and good on the Sharks for seizing the opportunity to take 4th spot.

As for our pitches dunno what you are complaining about. I've seen matches on the suncorp Stadium and it's always patchy and has the worst injury record around.

I'm sure a lot of league players would agree with me.

If you can't hack a little rain don't play simple as that.

Originally posted by Mehrtsisagod@May 14 2006, 08:25 AM

If you can't hack a little rain don't play simple as that.
If you can't take a dry track in arid conditions, then don't play, simple as that ;) .

Either way players a slipping over.

well what was suppsoed to happen when it was raining basically all week. there was no way that pitch would be dry to play on. jade has one of the best surfaces in nz if not the southern hemisphere. considering the amount of rain during the week etc the pitch did quite well.

btw mertsisagod you did read the sport news or at least hear that the bulls are in ahead of the sharks.

Latest posts