Round 14: Hurricanes v Waratahs

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Dumbo, May 1, 2007.

1. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Canes take on the Tah’s in Wellington.
    Although they both have no real chance of securing a spot for the finals both teams will want to end the season on a positive.
    Could be a good game to watch. Remember there’s a lot of talent on both sides and there’s Tri Nations selections coming up.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Final Games for Tito, Fa'atau and of course Umaga as well.

4. esoj

esoj Guest

one of the few nothing games this weekend. some good players in both teams but with no chance of getting into the semis the motivation for both teams will be down.

5. Wellycane

Wellycane Guest

This will be a tough one but I'll always stick with my Hurricanes team. The Waratahs have never beaten the Hurricanes here in Wellington. I hope it'll always be that way. :D but I know it's not possible. Super Rugby has a long way to go.

6. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Waratahs

1. Benn Robinson
    2. Adam Freier
    3. Al Baxter
    4. Dean Mumm
    5. Will Caldwell
    6. Rocky Elsom
    7. Phil Waugh [c]
    8. Wycliff Palu
    9. Josh Valentine
    10. Sam Norton-Night
    11. Lote Tuqiri [v-c]
    12. Sam Harris
    13. Ben Jacobs
    14. Lachie Turner
    15. Peter Hewat - 50th cap for NSW

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
    17. Matt Dunning
    18. David Lyons
    19. Tim Davidson
    20. Brett Sheehan
    21. Daniel Halangahu
    22. Chris Siale

7. ozzy

ozzy Guest

Good to see Waugh back. Now hopefully Jerry can do the same for the hurricanes as he needs more game-time as well.

8. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

Is Beale injured? Would have liked to see him one last time this season.

9. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

David Smith is back. :bana:

Hurricanes: 15 Cory Jane, 14 Shannon Paku, 13 Tana Umaga, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 David Smith, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Piri Weepu; 8 Rodney So'oialo ©, 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Bernie Upton, 4 Paul Tito, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 John Schwalger.
    Replacements: 16 Mahonri Schwalger, 17 Anthony Perenise, 18 Luke Andrews, 19 Serge Lilo, 20 Alby Mathewson, 21 Tamati Ellison, 22 Lome Fa'atau.

This should be a great game to watch....both teams with nothing to lose.

Hurricanes by 7.

10. What is happening here? The Waratahs are winning 25-7 early in the 2nd half...

11. ozzy

ozzy Guest

This game just made me want to take a really big sh*t. Wot a piece of crap. Apart from Tana I don't think the other 3 departing players will be missed. Now if only they could find a way to take microbrain Nonu with them........

12. Wellycane

Wellycane Guest

Unacceptable error-riddled performance from the Hurricanes. What's wrong with Nonu? Not what he used to be. Oh well come 2008.

13. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

OK from my view....that was a cracker of a game. Hits, hits and more hits. :bravo:

Bloody hell, where the hell had Lachie Turner been all this year...what a rookie!!

Good win to the Tahs.

14. Wellycane

Wellycane Guest

Good tackle by Umaga on Tuqiri. I hope McCaw was watching that. :lol:

15. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Agreed, great game of rugby but a sad way for a bloody legend like Tana to end his career - easily my favorite non-aussie player... one of the nicest blokes to ever play the game.

There's something special about this kid, he reminds me of Matt Burke with an extra turn of pace. David Smith could learn alot from watching him play, all the poise of a seasoned vet.

Anyways, great win Tahs.... Should be back up top where they belong next year. Also, good to see the Wallaby back row giving the AB's back row a good kicking.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!