• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14: Hurricanes v Waratahs

D

Dumbo

Canes take on the Tah’s in Wellington.
Although they both have no real chance of securing a spot for the finals both teams will want to end the season on a positive.
Could be a good game to watch. Remember there’s a lot of talent on both sides and there’s Tri Nations selections coming up.

one of the few nothing games this weekend. some good players in both teams but with no chance of getting into the semis the motivation for both teams will be down.

This will be a tough one but I'll always stick with my Hurricanes team. The Waratahs have never beaten the Hurricanes here in Wellington. I hope it'll always be that way. :D but I know it's not possible. Super Rugby has a long way to go.

Waratahs

1. Benn Robinson
2. Adam Freier
3. Al Baxter
4. Dean Mumm
5. Will Caldwell
6. Rocky Elsom
7. Phil Waugh [c]
8. Wycliff Palu
9. Josh Valentine
10. Sam Norton-Night
11. Lote Tuqiri [v-c]
12. Sam Harris
13. Ben Jacobs
14. Lachie Turner
15. Peter Hewat - 50th cap for NSW

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Matt Dunning
18. David Lyons
19. Tim Davidson
20. Brett Sheehan
21. Daniel Halangahu
22. Chris Siale

Good to see Waugh back. Now hopefully Jerry can do the same for the hurricanes as he needs more game-time as well.

Is Beale injured? Would have liked to see him one last time this season.

David Smith is back. :bana:

Hurricanes: 15 Cory Jane, 14 Shannon Paku, 13 Tana Umaga, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 David Smith, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Piri Weepu; 8 Rodney So'oialo ©, 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Bernie Upton, 4 Paul ***o, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 John Schwalger.
Replacements: 16 Mahonri Schwalger, 17 Anthony Perenise, 18 Luke Andrews, 19 Serge Lilo, 20 Alby Mathewson, 21 Tamati Ellison, 22 Lome Fa'atau.

This should be a great game to watch....both teams with nothing to lose.

Hurricanes by 7.

What is happening here? The Waratahs are winning 25-7 early in the 2nd half...

This game just made me want to take a really big sh*t. Wot a piece of crap. Apart from Tana I don't think the other 3 departing players will be missed. Now if only they could find a way to take microbrain Nonu with them........

Unacceptable error-riddled performance from the Hurricanes. What's wrong with Nonu? Not what he used to be. Oh well come 2008.

OK from my view....that was a cracker of a game. Hits, hits and more hits. :bravo:

Bloody hell, where the hell had Lachie Turner been all this year...what a rookie!!

Good win to the Tahs.

OK from my view....that was a cracker of a game. Hits, hits and more hits. :bravo:
[/b]

Agreed, great game of rugby but a sad way for a bloody legend like Tana to end his career - easily my favorite non-aussie player... one of the nicest blokes to ever play the game.

Bloody hell, where the hell had Lachie Turner been all this year...what a rookie!![/b]

There's something special about this kid, he reminds me of Matt Burke with an extra turn of pace. David Smith could learn alot from watching him play, all the poise of a seasoned vet.

Anyways, great win Tahs.... Should be back up top where they belong next year. Also, good to see the Wallaby back row giving the AB's back row a good kicking.

Latest posts