• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 3:Stormers v Brumbies

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Originally posted by Jacko@Feb 25 2006, 09:43 PM
Again I think it necessary for the use of bonus points in a draw. If one team scores more tries than the other in a draw that team should get a bonus point - just to give them more an advantage for attacking rugby.
Die.

No, I am a very passionate brumbies supporter and I think we should have been rewarded for scoring more tries than our oppositon in a draw!

Originally posted by Jacko@Feb 25 2006, 10:12 PM
No, I am a very passionate brumbies supporter and I think we should have been rewarded for scoring more tries than our oppositon in a draw!
So if a team scores 3 tries in an attacking fashion in a draw, but the other team scores 4 tries by mauling it up the field in 20+ phases, should the first team get the bonus point because they played the more attacking form Rugby?

Oh yeah, and incase you missed it the first time.

Die.

No the team that scores more tries in a drawn match should be given a bonus point.

Oh, and no I don't want to die.

Originally posted by Jacko+Feb 25 2006, 10:09 PM-->
No the team that scores more tries in a drawn match should be given a bonus point. [/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

So if a team scores 3 tries in an attacking fashion in a draw, but the other team scores 4 tries by mauling it up the field in 20+ phases, should the first team get the bonus point because they played the more attacking form Rugby?

You totally missed the point. Try reading his post again...

Fair result, Stormers dominated play for quite a bit but blundered some try scroing opportunities, Brumbies cameback well in the 2nd half.

But really with our backline we should be scoring a lot more trys! The only SA team that have consistanly looked dangerous has been the Sharks....

Originally posted by Jacko@Feb 26 2006, 10:09 AM
No the team that scores more tries in a drawn match should be given a bonus point.

Oh, and no I don't want to die.
But the point of giving the team the extra point according to you is :

Again I think it necessary for the use of bonus points in a draw. If one team scores more tries than the other in a draw that team should get a bonus point - just to give them more an advantage for attacking rugby. [/b]

My point was what if Team A scored 3 tries in an attacking fashion, while Team B scored 4 tries, all from mauls and having 20+ phases leading up to it, than shouldn't Team A get the point as they played the more attacking Rugby?

And what if the roles was reversed, and the Brumbies scored all their points from the boot and the Stormers scored the tries, would you be coming here pushing your stupid idea still.

Besides, the Brumbies only have themselves to blame for letting the Stormers tie the game despite scoring more tries.

True, can the attacking bit - but aren't tries normally better to see than penalty goals. I would push for it if the brumbies had kicked the points because I hate boring football. Tries are good even if they are from mauls. Just see my point.

Originally posted by Jacko@Feb 28 2006, 06:33 PM
True, can the attacking bit - but aren't tries normally better to see than penalty goals. I would push for it if the brumbies had kicked the points because I hate boring football. Tries are good even if they are from mauls. Just see my point.
But my point is that just because you scored more tries doesn't mean you played the more attacking Rugby.

And if you score more tries than the other team, but only manage a draw its your fault for missing Kicks and giving away penalties which enabled the other team to pull it back for a draw.

Screw the attacking bit, what if the team didn't score from pens though - what if they scored droppies. Scoring more tries is better for the game I think. Even if they are from mauling the ball - that facit can be amazing if done properly!

Penalties - whatever, what if they'd been given out of range? Tries should be rewarded as to encourage teams not to slow the game down. Giving teams rewards for scoring tries will encourage them to do so becasue it will give them a better chance of making the finals and in a comp like the S14 you need all the points you can get.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 2 2006, 06:57 PM
Screw the attacking bit, what if the team didn't score from pens though - what if they scored droppies. Scoring more tries is better for the game I think. Even if they are from mauling the ball - that facit can be amazing if done properly!

Penalties - whatever, what if they'd been given out of range? Tries should be rewarded as to encourage teams not to slow the game down. Giving teams rewards for scoring tries will encourage them to do so becasue it will give them a better chance of making the finals and in a comp like the S14 you need all the points you can get.
It doesn't matter, its your fault for letting them tie it up, no matter how they do it.

And they do reward tries fool, haven't you ever heard of the Bonus point for scoring 4 tries in a game?

Latest posts