• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 5 - Chiefs v Crusaders

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 11 2006, 06:49 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Mar 11 2006, 06:19 AM
And its funny you question the All Blacks depth,
I questioned the depth of the FULLBACK position...... like compared with Latham,Rogers,Norton-Knight,Mitchell,Gerrard,Ashley-Cooper,Hilgendorf,Hewat

we could probably do what we did to the Irish to the Wallabies and play 2 different sides and still beat you.[/b]
:bravo: :toss: [/b]
pffft!! you call that depth?? Rogers, Latham and Mitchell are the only ones of any class. the rest are laughable.

maaaaan... talk about a sausage fest.... :toss:

yeah... lets pick McDonald hes a great counter attacker. thats why a couple of years ago against SA when we needed a 100 meter try in the last minute to win a game instead of running the ball back at the line the idiot decided to plant the ball in goal. and that was before the fool was brained damaged.

or how about last year?? the entire country was yelling at henry to get rid of him. he nearly cost us games against both SA in dunedin and AUS in Auckland. it doesnt matter if he plays fullback, Cantre, or 1st five the guy will always be stop gap measure until the real players get back from injury.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 10 2006, 11:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit
@Mar 10 2006, 09:33 PM
Mills is the best 15 in the world.
Latham??? maaan... eat a d*ck you fools.
when hes not calling for the trainers to take him off the field in key moments of a match hes dropping a bloody highball. or hes blaming a loss on the fact he spends his week in his hotel having a ****.

Mills will never do you wrong.
- hes safe under the highball. therefore  Mills>Latham
- he can actually counter attack from the back. therefore  Mills>Percy
- he stays conscious. therefore  Mills>McDonald
:blink: ummm ok... Whether you truly believe that or not, you have to admit that Mills pretty much single handedly lost that game for the Chiefs... In fact, I'd go as far to say he played so badly that I don't even think I've seen a worse performance from an All Black fullback in at least the last 5 years. [/b]
if that was the worst preformance from an all black fullback in the last 5 years im pretty happy. i see australian fullbacks produce bigger tripe than that on a constant basis.

Originally posted by shiznit+Mar 11 2006, 10:05 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 10 2006, 11:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit
when hes not calling for the trainers to take him off the field in key moments of a match hes dropping a bloody highball. or hes blaming a loss on the fact he spends his week in his hotel having a ****.

:blink: ummm ok... Whether you truly believe that or not, you have to admit that Mills pretty much single handedly lost that game for the Chiefs... In fact, I'd go as far to say he played so badly that I don't even think I've seen a worse performance from an All Black fullback in at least the last 5 years.
if that was the worst preformance from an all black fullback in the last 5 years im pretty happy. i see australian fullbacks produce bigger tripe than that on a constant basis. [/b]
That's wonderful. But it still doesn't change the fact that you're the one claiming Mills is the best fullback in the world after he produced a performance that lost his team the biggest scalp in the comp... Seriously, he played **** last night and you're sitting here saying he's an all time great or something. I mean come on, he's a good player, but last night some of the stuff he did almost warrented Dunning comparisons!
Seriously, can you honestly tell me that the All Blacks should select him over McDonald after he got so heavily owned in last nights game?

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 11 2006, 12:52 PM-->
Originally posted by shiznit@Mar 11 2006, 10:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit

:blink: ummm ok... Whether you truly believe that or not, you have to admit that Mills pretty much single handedly lost that game for the Chiefs... In fact, I'd go as far to say he played so badly that I don't even think I've seen a worse performance from an All Black fullback in at least the last 5 years.

if that was the worst preformance from an all black fullback in the last 5 years im pretty happy. i see australian fullbacks produce bigger tripe than that on a constant basis.
That's wonderful. But it still doesn't change the fact that you're the one claiming Mills is the best fullback in the world after he produced a performance that lost his team the biggest scalp in the comp... Seriously, he played **** last night and you're sitting here saying he's an all time great or something. I mean come on, he's a good player, but last night some of the stuff he did almost warrented Dunning comparisons!
Seriously, can you honestly tell me that the All Blacks should select him over McDonald after he got so heavily owned in last nights game? [/b]
So once again, you base your selections on one bad game?

Originally posted by Ripper+Mar 11 2006, 12:33 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 11 2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by shiznit@Mar 11 2006, 10:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit

Seriously, can you honestly tell me that the All Blacks should select him over McDonald after he got so heavily owned in last nights game?
So once again, you base your selections on one bad game? [/b]
No, I'm just saying that you guys look stupid talking about how wonderful a fullback Mills is after a game in which you would have thought he'd had money on the other team... Maybe wait untill he plays a good game before telling us how much better he is than everyone... assuming of course that happens.

Mils was worse that MacDonald on the night. By quite a bit.

I'd love to know what the penalty count was. Bloody McCaw and everyone loving him, Mr reffy boy wouldn't give the Crusaders a team warning so it seemed to me that there were far too many penalties by the Crusaders and ruck time without enough punishment.

Was nice to Wakachangchang Stadium packed out for Super 14. Hopefully it will get quite full for the Highlanders and maybe the Waratahs, the two South African games will be quiet though.

Originally posted by JJ-@Mar 11 2006, 01:14 PM

I'd love to know what the penalty count was. Bloody McCaw and everyone loving him, Mr reffy boy wouldn't give the Crusaders a team warning so it seemed to me that there were far too many penalties by the Crusaders and ruck time without enough punishment.

Was nice to Wakachangchang Stadium packed out for Super 14. Hopefully it will get quite full for the Highlanders and maybe the Waratahs, the two South African games will be quiet though.
Yeah, why is it that the S14 games don't pack out more in NZ? I mean it's THE game of NZ isn't it? Out here the Waratah's average probably 25,000 and should get more, but realistically it has a lot of competition... The league opener last night got several thousand more people than the Tah's match, but I guess NSW were only playing the CATS.

Mils had one bad game that’s all, McD' outplayed him on the night, great performance from him (read an article about how's he's enjoying his rugby due to not having any injuries).
I have no doubt that he will in the NZ side come tri-nations time, if he's in the starting 15 or on the bench is up to Henry.

Just watched the game again (this time hung-over and not ******, wooow what a difference). Surprising effort from both teams, Jono had a big impact on the game when the Chiefs where on the back foot (has really made the Chiefs a team since he's been back), Sione Lauaki is looking good at 8 and a lot less lazy (although I'd say Mose Tuiali'i is looking like a number 8 I'd like to see more of in the future).

Mils didn't really have an impact on the game like most Chiefs supporters where hoping for (the Crusaders have a really good running defensive line and shut him out on the counter attack), but he had an exceptional last game so he forgiven.

Thrilling game really, why did the Chiefs lose? Byron YOU ABSOLUTE ****** Kelleher that's why. Poor decision making at a crucial period in the game (instead of giving Donald the chance of three points and steadying the game, the ******** decides to run, Mils kicks, Crusaders attack through Gear and score. I hope Byron YOU ABSOLUTE ****** Kelleher never gets to wear the Silver Fern ever again. Byron I hate your guts.

Originally posted by Ripper+Mar 11 2006, 10:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Boomslangnz
@Mar 11 2006, 11:17 AM
your an idiot ripper,

MacDonald has been the form fullback of the super 14 thus far and was awesome last night against the chiefs.

God knows how many tackles macdonald broke always making a good 10-15 meters whenever he touched the ball.

Mils was crap last night and his form has been poor this year.

MacDonald will be the starting 15 for the ABs this year unless he has a serious loss of form.

lol and your *****ing that he gets too many head injuries. Well maybe we should take ritchie off too cos he gets them occasionally.

STFU!
oc·ca·sion·al·ly ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-kzh-n-l)
adv.
Now and then; from time to time.
---
reg·u·lar ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rgy-lr)
adj.
Customary, usual, or normal: the train's regular schedule
---

And MacDonald won't be the starting FB, it will be Mils, unless Mils is moved to centre, even then Henry has a man crush on Toeava and his form has been preety good as of late.

I questioned the depth of the FULLBACK position...... like compared with Latham,Rogers,Norton-Knight,Mitchell,Gerrard,Ashley-Cooper,Hilgendorf,Hewat[/b]

LMFAO.

Only Latham and Rogers are up to International Standard, Drew Mitchell is better on the wing. Gerrard is overated and the rest are **** (Ashley-Cooper... LOLcastle.) [/b]
Drew Mitchell is a better fullback than winger. Along with Rogers and Latham he is better than any of New Zealand's current talent in that position. No doubt.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 11 2006, 02:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Mar 11 2006, 01:14 PM

Yeah, why is it that the S14 games don't pack out more in NZ? I mean it's THE game of NZ isn't it? Out here the Waratah's average probably 25,000 and should get more, but realistically it has a lot of competition... The league opener last night got several thousand more people than the Tah's match, but I guess NSW were only playing the CATS. [/b]
I'd be very worried if the second biggest game of the opening round of the NRL didn't get a bigger crowd than the Waratahs / Cats match.

The Waratah's averaged 30,000 last year, and it will be more like 35,000 by the end of the 2006 season.

Originally posted by Wally+Mar 11 2006, 02:47 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 11 2006, 02:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-

Yeah, why is it that the S14 games don't pack out more in NZ? I mean it's THE game of NZ isn't it? Out here the Waratah's average probably 25,000 and should get more, but realistically it has a lot of competition... The league opener last night got several thousand more people than the Tah's match, but I guess NSW were only playing the CATS.
I'd be very worried if the second biggest game of the opening round of the NRL didn't get a bigger crowd than the Waratahs / Cats match. [/b]
Yeah, but realistically they are only representing a couple area's of Sydney, whereas the Waratahs represent the WHOLE of NSW... I guess it goes to show how much more prominent League is at the moment in Aus.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 11 2006, 04:13 PM-->
Originally posted by Wally@Mar 11 2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 11 2006, 02:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-

I'd be very worried if the second biggest game of the opening round of the NRL didn't get a bigger crowd than the Waratahs / Cats match.
Yeah, but realistically they are only representing a couple area's of Sydney, whereas the Waratahs represent the WHOLE of NSW... I guess it goes to show how much more prominent League is at the moment in Aus. [/b]
While it represents the whole of New South Wales in name, you can bet there arn't many, if any, yokels making the trip to Aussie Stadium from Wagga Wagga to see the Tahs play. In essence the Waratahs really only represent Sydney, which is comparable to NRL sides such as Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos (both average smaller crowds, although not much smaller in terms of the Broncos).

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 11 2006, 10:29 AM

When was the last time you saw MacDonald do anything of note in the All Black Jersey?
ummm...every test match he played last year in which in part won the trinations,lions series and the grandslam....

nothing note worthy at all.....whenever he gets in the midfield...thats when he bothers me..when he is behind a backline that consist of players like carter,mauger in the crusaders..or in the allblacks running outside sivivatu,umaga or howlett as he did all last year..he is a great FULLBACK to have...

in every meaning of the position..he is great there

i still rate latham and percey better fullbacks than anything we have but we got better wingers,midfielders and 10s :D B)

Great attempt at a tackle from MacDonald on Sivivatu when he scored his try.
His weakness is defence. He did well to run around and break tackles from forwards, but you really do have to ask questions about his defence, in saying that maybe Mils may have a few probs at times.

Is it time to have refs from the other countries control derbys etc. from what I have seen this year is test players from the refs homeland are able to get away with things that maybe if officiated from other SANZAR countries would find themselves in trouble.

the refs in general so far have been pathetic...making nonsense calls and they rely too much on the linesmen who talk utter bull crap at times just to get on tv...

the refs are very soft...not strict...i strict ref would garner respect from both teams and bth teams wouldnt be told the rules that they should already know by now..seeing they get 70,000 a year to play in this profession...

refs need to up there game...less talk and more action

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Mar 12 2006, 03:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Mar 11 2006, 10:29 AM

When was the last time you saw MacDonald do anything of note in the All Black Jersey?
ummm...every test match he played last year in which in part won the trinations,lions series and the grandslam.... [/b]
Yeah, what a great job he did in the Tri Nations last year, How whould we have managed if it wasn't for him?

Oh, wait...

Like Shiznit said, he's nothing more than some planks of wood to hold the dam back until the heavy machinery get back from injury (My best analogy ever)

ahh ripper you have a wonderful imagination, i wonder what its like living in your little world, only watching what you want to watch missing out on alot of stuff that is going on :)

the refs have been a shocker, its been aweful to watch, maybe its a way to get people to get off theire ass and become refs themselves.

i have been tempted but it looks like to much hard work :)

meh its an option, but it may take up my scuba diving time so i may have to think about it

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 12 2006, 02:31 PM
ahh ripper you have a wonderful imagination, i wonder what its like living in your little world, only watching what you want to watch missing out on alot of stuff that is going on :)

the refs have been a shocker, its been aweful to watch, maybe its a way to get people to get off theire ass and become refs themselves.

i have been tempted but it looks like to much hard work :)
How the f*** would you know what happened in those games when you didn't even watch them? :wacko:

And if you go to the forum archives and see the 2005 Tri Nations threads you will see that I wasn't the only one who wanted to lynch MacDonalds after those games... (The only one who didn't was Dumbo who tried to shift the blame to Luke McAlister)

And I've reffed some games before for my little brothers teams and it's actually preety good fun.

Latest posts