• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7 - Brumbies v Chiefs

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 25 2006, 06:34 PM
Brumbies played crap again , if they could have just found touch they would of made it alot easier on themselves

Look out when they get there act together.

Larkham/Mortlock>the world
Yeah... I'm not so sure aye. I'm pretty comfortable with Rogers and co.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 25 2006, 07:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Mar 25 2006, 06:34 PM
Brumbies played crap again , if they could have just found touch they would of made it alot easier on themselves

Yeah... I'm not so sure aye. I'm pretty comfortable with Rogers and co. [/b]
You have to admit now that Mortlock is far better than Turinui

He's probly been the best player in the Super14 this year.

C'mon take ya Tahs cap off for a minute and say it.. :p

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 25 2006, 06:42 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 25 2006, 07:38 PM

C'mon take ya Tahs cap off for a minute and say it.. :p [/b]
In all honesty I haven't been much of a Mortlock fan for a while... I think he's actually been pretty inconsistent over the last couple seasons. Turinui is getting better all the time though... Oldman Mortlock isn't, and for the record, Hewat has had a better season than him so far IMO.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 25 2006, 07:46 PM-->
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 25 2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 25 2006, 07:38 PM

C'mon take ya Tahs cap off for a minute and say it.. :p
In all honesty I haven't been much of a Mortlock fan for a while... I think he's actually been pretty inconsistent over the last couple seasons. Turinui is getting better all the time though... Oldman Mortlock isn't, and for the record, Hewat has had a better season than him so far IMO. [/b]
Injuries have hampered his last few seasons but theres been nothing inconsistent about him so far this year.

When the Brumbies have been in trouble he's the guy that takes the ball and makes that crucial break ,clutch kick or game winning try.

I'd take him over any 13 in the World and lately he's really devolped into a great leader.

I'd even go one step further and say he should be given the Wallabies captaincy at the end of the year with Gregan likely to lose his spot to Cordingley.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 25 2006, 08:34 PM

Your World is one f***ed up place... and I pity you.

Have a Dollar.

Neither team played technically well, but hell the atmosphere was amazing. There's just something about afternoon games and just judging by the noice I'd had never guest there where only 17,000 people there.

The ref, again, was terribly disappointing. One organisation or another needs to work out something.

The turning point was when Donald went for a drop kick instead of pushing for the try. The Chiefs wre up by 2 points and they really needed to score a try o it would force the Brumbies to score points at least twice to take the lead. But they just took the 3.......gave up that territory with just being 5 ahead........Brumbies score one more time and win instead of needing to score twice.

All in all the Bumbies deserved to win because the game was evenly matched.....the Brumbies just edging the Chiefs out on the nerve factor.

These Brumbies aren't looking as smooth as they usual would at home. At least they are still winning but I suspect up against the Tahs and Crusaders they will struggle even more.

Yeah, Larkham and Gregan are still playing well, but something is lacking. It's not the coach - I am certain of that. I think we are missing the Joe and Walks factor and our line-outs are poor. I can't see what the problem is, we have plenty of tall players some taller than Viks and JH but we're just not taking them as we used to. One positive we can take out of the game though is that our scrum was awesome! Brutal! I think we forced three 90 degree turns and 1 or 2 tightheads. Amazing.

And what about Stirlo's kick from 60 metres out after the half-time siren. He din't get it, but geeze he was unlucky. It had plenty of distance - just out to the right - AMAZING! And he just had a stunner overall, definately the best Australian 13 at the moment.

Scores:
Brumbies 28 (Stirling Mortlock, Clyde Rathbone, Mark Gerrard tries; Mortlock 2 con, 3 pen)
Chiefs 26 (Simms Davison, Sitiveni Sivivatu tries: Stephen Donald 2 con, 3 pen, dg).

Lucky win for the Brumbies... there shold have been a penalty right in front in the last 2 minutes but the Ref called it knocked on... brumbies hand knocked it on.
Good game from Mortlock, and agree he is the inform Australian center although Larkham me thinks added nothing... over rated for sure.
Rogers>Bernie.

As for the Chiefs big shithouse performance from Ranby, missed a tackle that allowed a try and has no idea of how to pass in the tackle, shithouse.

Latest posts