• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7. Chiefs v Lions

D

Dumbo

The Chiefs take on the Lions on their home ground in Hamilton.
The Chiefs have had a week off and the Lions went down last week in a shocker to the Blues.

I’d say that the Lions will go into this one as the favorites even after the loss last week.
The Chiefs haven’t one a game all season and it’s another week before the return of their three missing All Blacks.

Sadly non-talented 1st5 Tasesa ‘pissoffbacktoauckland’ Lavea sounds like he has unfortunately recovered from injury and is scheduled to return in this game which I can’t see as helping the Chiefs cause. If selected, Andre Pretorius should walk all over Lavea.

The Chiefs have a still have lot of injuries in their camp… including Richard Kahui (shoulder), Jono Gibbes (calf), Sosene Anesi (neck) Aled de Malmanche (groin) and Niva Ta'auso (neck/back).

However there should be some good individual match ups in this one as the Chiefs can still field a solid forward pack that could trouble the Lions… Wepener on Willis should be a good clash, Anton van Zyl on big Keith Robinson should be worth a closer look as well.

On the one on one’s biggest disappointment for me is Jaque Fourie not being matched up against up and coming Niva Ta'auso. Was looking forward to this as was hoping to see Jaque finally being put firmly on his ass.

Think this one will go to the Lions as the Chiefs can compete upfront but are going to be outclassed in the backs.

Plus the Chiefs have Lavea.

I'm actually going with the Chiefs on this one.

The Chiefs have been unlucky since the competition began, but I believe they can do the damage against this Lions outfit

Chiefs will be to strong for this pride of Cubs but with a little time they could be Lions. I think the All Blacks will be back for the Chiefs so I am going for Chiefs +15

Um... 'Lavea'.

Still I could be wrong, has been a long time since I saw him play and maybe just maybe he's playing better.
Can't see it but would be happy to see an improvment, will be interesting to see the final line up.

I`ll go for the Lions in this one, simply because of the way they`ve played so well above expectations this season. They have a brilliant coach who`s getting the best out of his charges, and they should have taken to heart some of the lessons given to them last week by the Blues.

I think that the Chiefs will really struggle up front- this has been the real area of strength for the Lions this season, especially in the front row with V D Merwe, Wepener and Mujati- none of them household names even in Joburg at the beggining of the campaign. They`ve also impressed in their back row, while the Chiefs should hold the edge in the second row.

Even if the Chiefs pack can stand up to the Lions, the Lions should be able to walk it in the backs- Lavea vs. Pretorius sounds a bit like Lomu vs Catt, complete mismatch really.

Spot on. Not sure how the Chiefs are going to string a backline together.
Will be interesting to see what they do with Donald.

The Chiefs take on the Lions on their home ground in Hamilton.
The Chiefs have had a week off and the Lions went down last week in a shocker to the Blues.

On the one on one’s biggest disappointment for me is Jaque Fourie not being matched up against up and coming Niva Ta'auso. Was looking forward to this as was hoping to see Jaque finally being put firmly on his ass.
Plus the Chiefs have Lavea.
[/b]

Ice Toeava owned him last week. He ran over Fourie most of the match.

As for Lavea :lol: :lol: .... you can keep him mate.

See how far we've come without him.

chiefs are doomed lavea starting at 12

2 tba's on the bench which are proabbly for sivivatu and someone else

Chiefs: 15. Dwayne Sweeney, 14. Lelia Masaga, 13. Tane Tu'ipulotu, 12. Tasesa Lavea, 11. Roy Kinikinilau, 10. Stephen Donald, 9. Brendon Leonard, 8. Liam Messam, 7. Marty Holah, 6. Sione Lauaki, 5. Keith Robinson, 4. Kristian Ormsby, 3. Nathan White, 2. Tom Willis (capt), 1. Simms Davison. Res: 16. Aled de Malmanche, 17. Ben Castle, 18. Toby Lynn, 19. Tanerau Latimer, 20. Jamie Nutbrown, 21. TBA, 22. TBA.

you have one savior in that backline and his name is MASAGA!..hes the man..but pooh..we had a host of stars last year in the blues but none shun brighter than lavea...he shined so much he wore off the colours on the aucklanders and they become a dull white colour....f***IN BLEACHER!!!...hahaha gud riddance tho..AND YOU ARE RIGHT JUGZ!..KEEP LAVEA HAMILTON..HE BELONGS THEIR!!!

Lavea..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Heard on the radio today from the Chiefs coach saying that he had a new 'playing' style.
We shall see... come to think of it Samie T started playing better when he moved south... :mellow:

Looking at the Chiefs squad... this might not be the hiding I was expecting...

he has a new playing style???....

f***IN AYYYYYYY!!!...HOW CREATIVE CAN HE GET AT LOSING???

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA @ LAVEA!

home game..i reckon lauaki and messam will tear shreds if they combine well enough..hey the backline dont have the key to the game..you guys leep forgetting that...if the forwards supply a supreme platform then even the likes of lavea can score...(..hahaha even thta sounded funny)

Lavea can score??? that's a hell of an imagination you've got yourself there.
Where's Bates?

I hope Fourie smashes Lavea.

If it wasnt for my good mate Messam in the team, I would have picked the Lions to win.

So the Chiefs will score 4 tries in this match with 2 of those coming from Masaga. Kinikinilau & Ormsby are the other try scorers.

Nostradamus told me so.

Thats funny... I just heard from Jesus and he said Lavea was going to have a blinder

Completely reshuffled Lions backline, with Earl Rose returning to SA, out injured. Jaco Van Schalkwyk comes in at 15, with Jaco Pretorius moving in from left wing to a more natural no12 position (Doppies La Grange also out), the old fox Wylie Human moving in to no11, and Jano Vermaak moving in at 9 in place of Ricky January.

In the forwards, Cobus Grobler misses out through injury, with big Gerhard Vosloo, who featured in the earlier rounds at 8, coming in at 4.

Well to be honest, the chiefs have a history of taking out of form draft players and vastly improving them. They did it with Fa'atau(who is now starting to suck again) and Sammie and wasn't Lauaki an aucklander at one stage??? So who knows maybe they can do the same with Lavea. I watched him in NPC and he wasn't half bad. In my honest opinion Donald is playing like utter shite right now, but because expectations for the chiefs have never been what they are for the blues he has not been roasted alive in the manner Lavea was and worst of all he cannot be replaced as there is no viable backup. I firmly believe he is almost solely responsible for at least 3 of the chiefs' losses so far.
So while everyone is waiting with knives out for Lavea to fail, please keep an eye on the asswipe who is passing him the ball and check to see just how much he contributes to the poor performance of the men outside him.
One might also look a bit sideways at Tuipoluto, this guy never seems to do much of anything, in fact I never really notice he is even on the field, maybe that's a good thing but I don't know he seems to be a very middling player who does the basics and not much more.

Latest posts