• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7. Waratahs v Stormers

D

Dumbo

Last week the Tah’s went down to the Bulls and the Stormers went down to the Brumbies.
The Tah’s are far from looking like the team of last year and funny enough the Stormers are looking like a different team from last year as well. Sadly though in my eyes the Tah’s are on the downward and the Stormers are on the up.

I’m leaning towards the Stormers in this one but with the Tah’s you never know.
So far young Kurtley Beale, although talented is still not a standout ‘play maker’.

For the Stormers players like Luke Watson, Andries Bekker and Jean De Villiers should provide to much experience for the likes of Rocky Elsom, Peter Hewat and Lote Tuqiri.

Stormers by a small margin BUT if Freier and his forwards can control the game up front then maybe, just maybe the Tah’s can pull it off.

I've given up on predicting Stormers games, you just can't ever get them right.

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the Stormers went out and beat the Tah's 65 - 10, but then I wouldn't be surprised if it maybe was the other way around.

That's just how irregular they are :wacko:

But they really do need this win, I mean life is not getting any easier after this, what with the Crusaders plus 7 Allblacks the following round.

It's a good chance for both teams... so far they are pretty even.
Looking back on last week if the Stormers are going to take this one out then the really need to improve on their basic handling skills, lots of mistakes last week, a hell of a lot.

For mine think the Stormers will be to good throughout their backline.
The Tah's really need to step up in this department.

I agree fully with Boggle on this one- calling Stormers games this season has been totally impossible, you never know if they`ll turn up for the match or not.

I`ll also tend to lean towards a Stormers win, simply because of the fact that the Stormers light 5 should actually be able to dominate- yup you guessed it- the line-outs! As far-fetched as that might sound, fact remains that the Tahs are very light at the moment on second row ability, courtesy of a couple of injuries to 1st-choice locks. The Stormers meanwhile have made a big 2nd row find in Andries Bekker- just imagine him playing in tandem with Francois V D Merwe, although this is unlikely to happen. Also, Habana showed up the Tahs` vulnerability to real pace- something that the Stormers will always have plenty of.

The equation is simple really- if the Tahs make some unforced errors, the Stormers will be able to punish them, if they play it tight, there might be more than just a little bit of hope for them.

Hate to say, but I reckon the 'Tahs will win this one rather easily.

The Stormers seem to be in disarray!

I hope I'm wrong:(

At last looks like speedster Lachlan Turner will get a go on the wing.
Probable backline
9. Valentine
10. Beale
11. Turner
12. Turinui
13. Tuqiri
14. SNK
15. Hewat

Heads Tahs win, Tails they dont.

*Flips Coin*

Tails it is.

Stormers by 10.

LMAO @ TURUNUI ON THE WING HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA...FUNNIEST RUGBY BLOOPER SINCE TANA SMACKED MASOE WITH A HANDBAG!!!

At last looks like speedster Lachlan Turner will get a go on the wing.
Probable backline
9. Valentine
10. Beale
11. Turner
12. Turinui
13. Tuqiri
14. SNK
15. Hewat
[/b]

Yep Turner in at last, something i've been calling for since the begining of the year.... the kids a genuine winger, none of this lard arse Turinui ****!

If that is infact the backline the Tahs go with this week, I'll back the Tahs to win this one very comfortably.

Anyone wanna sig bet?

How about 6? and get his expensive ass actualy doing some work?

No sig bet in this department... not between these two teams, so far they have been just as shitinhousein as each other.

How about 6? and get his expensive ass actualy doing some work?

No sig bet in this department... not between these two teams, so far they have been just as shitinhousein as each other. [/b]

Scheiße Haus :p

Waratahs team to play Stormers

Peter Hewat, Sam Norton-Knight, Lote Tuqiri, Morgan Turinui, Lachlan Turner, Kurtley Beale, Josh Valentine, David Lyons, Beau Robinson, Rocky Elsom, Will Caldwell, Dean Mumm, Al Baxter, Adam Freier (captain), Benn Robinson. Res: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Matt Dunning, Ben Hand, Wycliff Palu, Brett Sheehan, Daniel Halangahu, Ben Jacobs.

Probably the best team we have named. Tuqiri should get involved now and has more chance to make some of those big hits that he put on Vandell.

Head to Head:
STORMERS:
15 Brent Russell,
14 Breyton Paulse,
13 Jean de Villiers,
12 De Wet Barry,
11 Corne Uys,
10 Peter Grant,
9 Bolla Conradie,
8 Justin Melck,
7 Schalk Burger,
6 Luke Watson ©,
5 Andries Bekker,
4 Gerrie Britz,
3 Brok Harris,
2 Schalk Brits,
1 JD Moller.
Reserves:
16 Huia Edmonds,
17 Schalk Ferreira,
18 Ross Skeate,
19 Robbie Diack,
20 JP Joubert,
21 Naas Olivier,
22 Dylan Des Fountain.

WARATAHS:
15 Peter Hewat,
14 Sam Norton-Knight,
13 Lote Tuqiri,
12 Morgan Turinui,
11 Lachlan Turner,
10 Kurtley Beale,
9 Josh Valentine,
8 David Lyons,
7 Beau Robinson,
6 Rocky Elsom,
5 Will Caldwell,
4 Dean Mumm,
3 Al Baxter,
2 Adam Freier ©,
1 Benn Robinson.
Reserves:
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau,
17 Matt Dunning,
18 Ben Hand,
19 Wycliff Palu,
20 Brett Sheehan,
21 Daniel Halangahu,
22 Ben Jacobs.

For mine I'm going for the Warraths all the way, finally the Tah's have got things right in putting the midfield combo of Tuqiri at center and Morgan Turinui at 12. To me thats the perfect combo for the Tah's. Perfect.

Seemed that both teams where struggling...

And worse the Tha's take on the Blues at HOME, and the Stormers take on the Crusaders at HOME.
If these two teams can take away anything positive about their style of play tonight.... well then I could say alot of things.

Big fall from grace for the Tah's tonight. Was expecting Loti and Morgan to fire, instead they looked like two old ******** playing with a bunch of kids.
As for the Stormers can't say anything that would be positive other than you'd better pick up your act, or like the Bulls you're going to have a shitful time against the Crusaders.

Best way to describe this game- "KAK", a typical Afrikaans word of which the meaning should better be left untranslated, but I`ll take the win happily though.

Yeah, both teams were decidedly undercooked, lack of game-plan and direction all round, and with next week`s fixtures coming up, scary times indeed for both. As we enter the business end of things, both teams will be staring at the bottom-3 place scraps, so I`ll be very happy to get away with 4 points in order to get away from the wooden spoon area, for now at least.

Fair win to the Stormers, both teams played like 'KAK'? but they played less like **** (New Zealand term) than the Tah's.

Hows Hyphenated whats his face for the Tah's... wooow, amazing fall from grace.

Latest posts