• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7. Western Force v Reds

You could actually make a pretty decent Reds team out of the guys missing....

1.Holmes
2.Avei
3.Coutts
4.Mowen
5.McMenimen
6.Mathison :lol:
7.Gilbert
8.Blake :D
9.Cordingley
10.Barnes
11.Veratau
12.A.Brown
13.C.Brown
14.Schifcofske
15.Latham

WESTERN Force has been dealt a major blow ahead of tomorrow night's Super 14 clash with Queensland Reds, with Matt Giteau and halves partner Matt Henjak late withdrawals through injury.

Giteau's groin strain and Henjak's bruised biceps forced coach John Mitchell to restructure his scrum base, with Jimmy Hilgendorf slotting in at five-eighth and Chris O'Young promoted to halfback.

Lachlan Mackay and apprentice John McGrath have been promoted into the squad.

Mitchell said the changes were precautionary, with both Giteau and Henjak expected to return after next week's bye.

Kinda of evens out the loss of Barnes. Shame that as Giteau v Copper would have been a good matchup.

that does change thingss a little bit. I still think the force have the goods to win by plenty though

Henjak's bruised biceps
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, dont think it will really affect much with the quality of replacements we have coming into the starting XV.Might take a little while for the new 9,10,12 combination to gel though.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how O'Young goes, he's been starved of oportunies so far this year.

Mitchell said the changes were precautionary[/b]

Sounds to me like a polite way of saying that he doesn't really rate the Reds and that he'd like to give his halves an extended break with the bye coming up next week.

Head to Head
WESTERN FORCE:
15 Drew Mitchell,
14 Digby Ioane,
13 Ryan Cross,
12 Junior Pelesasa,
11 Cameron Shepherd,
10 James Hilgendorf,
9 Chris O'Young,
8 Scott Fava,
7 David Pockock,
6 Richard Brown,
5 Nathan Sharpe ©,
4 Rudi Vedelago,
3 AJ Whalley,
2 Brendan Cannon,
1 Gareth Hardy.
Reserves:
16 Tai McIsaac,
17 Angus Scott,
18 Luke Doherty,
19 Matt Hodgson,
20 John McGrath,
21 Scott Daruda,
22 Lachlan Mackay.

REDS:
15 Andrew Walker,
14 Brando Va`alu,
13 Ben Tune,
12 Lloyd Johansson,
11 Peter Hynes,
10 Quade Cooper,
9 Will Genia,
8 John Roe ©,
7 David Croft,
6 Mitchell Chapman,
5 James Horwill,
4 Ed O`Donoghue,
3 Tama Tuirirangi,
2 Sean Hardman,
1 Herman Hunt.
Reserves:
16 Stephen Moore,
17 Ernest Skelton,
18 Cam Treloar,
19 Tom McVerry,
20 Nic Berry,
21 Charlie Fetoai,
22 Henari Veratau.

Formidable team from the Force. I'm going aginst the grain and am picking the Reds in a close one.
Why? Reds put in a good effort agains the Highlanders last week, this is a local match and Reds players will be very very hungry for a win.
Looking forward to watching Hilgendorf vs Cooper as they both are talented players.

What a shocker from the Reds! 14 players for most of the game - shocking.
The force should have out more points on the board in this one.
The force halfback looked bloody good to me, think they should keep him in the starting 15.

If I was Eddie I would have made that idiot prop from NZ pretend to be injured, made the replacement pretend to be injured and gone for uncontested scrums... the Reds got murdered in the scrums... and their lineout.

Rodney Blake is a big loss for the Reds

Any word on Eddies reaction to his fellow being red carded and what he had to say about the scrums. I reckon we should run a fundraiser so Eddie can afford to run his mouth week in and week out as he is the only entertaining thing about this reds' side.

Poor Reds another season from hell on the injury front. Their season is now falling to pieces but Copper is looking very good in the 5/8 spot. Kicking still needs improvement but the rest is good.

You really have to feel for them. Half (maybe more?) of their original team is goneskees!

Half way through the season and reds are going to have to look forward to next year.
Still though, if eddie stays and he can keep his players that are currently under injury then next year could be a hell of a year for the reds.

Quade Cooper, remember that name the kiwi born flyhalf is going to have a big future in Australian rugby.

I dont think i've ever been more frustrated in a game then i was for most of that second half, i thought some of those poor decisions had cost us a golden chance to get our first 4-try bonus point :angry: ...... but wow, what a last 5 minutes!... and it was made even sweeter by the fact that i had both Ioane and Shep in my fantasy team :D

Growden, who i use to rate as a Ref, lost the plot early in that match.Reds fans have the right to feel a little hard done by with the first yellow, the penalty try alone was sufficient punishment, no need to card the bloke aswell.

I think we can know start talking about the Force as a genuine ***le contender :cheers:.... bring on the Blues and Sharks!

Half way through the season and reds are going to have to look forward to next year.
Still though, if eddie stays and he can keep his players that are currently under injury then next year could be a hell of a year for the reds.

Quade Cooper, remember that name the kiwi born flyhalf is going to have a big future in Australian rugby.
[/b]

Yep Reds are gonna be a great team next year, all the injury problems has given plenty of opportunities to guys who would have never previously been given the chance... so they should have decent depth.

...And yes AUSSIE Quade Cooper is a real super star of the future, i dont know if i've seen a better step than that one he did in the second half.AMAZING!

Yup yup!! I definitely rate that OZZIE junior rep Quade Cooper. More so then the other teenage prodigy kurtley beale.
I didnt really get much satisfaction watching someone kicking a dog while its down. I really feel for the reds and their injury woes. Couldnt give a toss about the tahs tho!
I hope Mitchell has seen enuff of O'Young to give him much more time on the field. Preferably as starting halfback.

Latest posts