• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 8: Reds v Sharks

W

Wally

Hopefully we don't see a replay of the Reds 6-5 victor over the Sharks at the same ground two years ago. I actually stayed up for that one.

Even worse... I was at the ground!!! The only thing that kept me sane was the fantastic view over the coastline from the Western Stand. (ie. the stand on the right in my signature)

Coach Dick Muir has indicated that he will rotate and rest a few players after doing the full overseas tour. Percy Mongomery will be back in the mix after having been flown back to Durban during the tour.

Reds

1. Greg Holmes

2. Stephen Moore

3. Rodney Blake / Anthony Mathison

4. Mitchell Chapman

5. James Horwill

6. Tom McVerry

7. David Croft

8. John Roe

9. Sam Cordingley

10. Berrick Barnes

11. Peter Hynes

12. Julian Huxley

13. Ben Tune

14. Caleb Brown

15. Drew Mitchell

16. Sean Hardman

17. Anthony Mathison / Aniva Niumata

18. Ben Mowen

19. Mark Connors

20. Josh Valentine

21. Lloyd Johansson

22. Henari Veritau

A couple of good changes there ,with Brown and McVerry coming in to the starting 15 and i'm looking forward to see Ben Mowen play..... they expect big things from that kid

Head to Head:
Sharks: 15 Percy Montgomery, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Adrian Jacobs, 12 Bradley Barritt, 11 Henno Mentz, 10 Tony Brown, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 AJ Venter, 7 Jacques Botes, 6 Warren Britz, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Johan Ackermann, 3 BJ Botha, 2 John Smit (captain), 1 Deon Carstens
Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Albert van den Berg, 19 Keegan Daniel, 20 Craig Davidson, 21 Waylon Murray, 22 JP Pietersen

Reds: 15 Drew Mitchell, 14 Caleb Brown, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Julian Huxley, 11 Peter Hynes, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Sam Cordingley, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Tom McVerry, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mitchell Chapman, 3 Rodney Blake/Anthony Mathison, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Sean Hardman, 17 Anthony Mathison/Aniva Niumata, 18 Ben Mowen, 19 Mark Connors, 20 Josh Valentine, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Henari Veratau

BONUS POINT WIN!!!!! :cheers: :bana: :bravo:

Well done Sharkies. And well done AJ on a great game. I was laughing at the Reds crumbling under the pressure from the Shark forwards.

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Apr 3 2006, 01:27 PM
BONUS POINT WIN!!!!! :cheers: :bana: :bravo:

Well done Sharkies. And well done AJ on a great game. I was laughing at the Reds crumbling under the pressure from the Shark forwards.
I was laughing at the Sharks "attacking rugby"

Looks like the Stormers are the only SA team that know how to spead the ball around.

Latest posts