• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: Crusaders v Waratahs

wow the waratahs are paying $5.25 for a win under 12 points and $13 on a win over 13 points!!!!

So I am spending ten dollars on the Tahs......$5 for 12 points and under (I get $25) and I am putting $5 on 13+ points (I get $65)......

or a Crusaders victory....either way I will be happy....

I have a feeling that the Crusaders are going to win by 8 points. They have been too consistent. Even when they have been down during games, they have never shown signs that they are going to lose the game. They put in a good full 80 minutes. Even against the Sharks, I felt that the Crusaders were never out of it, and that they would bounce back.

Go the Crusaders!!!

The 1st and 2nd five look to be the Tahs weakness. Halangahu is a runner mainly his kicking is suspect, if it wasn't Hewart wouldn't have kicked as much as he did. Berne hasn't really impressed me this season.

14-3

Crusaders are slowing down the ball, Halangahu is offering nothing in attack

they need to make a change at 10

More like..

14-3 to the Crusaders.
Crusaders are using the ball wide and making the breaks. The Tah's have offered little in attacking Rugby. Unless the Tah's coach can fire up his boys then they're going down like the ***anic (did I say that the Tah's are offering nothing?).

17-11 Crusaders

What a hell of a second half, anyone that’s in the Northern part of world... check this game out full on... Crusaders played a look of mistakes and gave the Tah's a lot of chances, still tough full credit to the Crusaders and the Tah's.

The Tah's showed some great ball skills but without Rodgers they came up only a little bit short.

f***! Crusaders win 17-11.
Brilliant match though, best of the season so far by a fair way, as the commentator said it almost had a test match feel to it. Gotta say though, I really think the Tah's could have got taken the match if they'd had just that extra bit of attacking power that Rogers brings... still though, bloody good game.

Waratahs were great IMO and deserved to win the game

Every time the Tahs had a try on, the Crusaders would lay all over the ruck and slow down the ball which gave the Tahs no chance to get the try.(and gave them a useless penalty)

Look at the penalty count ,the Tahs gave away only one penalty (which was absolute bullshit) and that resulted in 3 BS points for the Crusaders.Take those 3 points off the Crusaders score and the Tahs had heaps of chances to level the scores and even go infront.

I think this game proved that the Crusaders are the biggest cheats in the comp( at the breakdown) and the Tahs are the best team.(controversial!!!!!)

No Rogers!!, take Carter out of there team and see how well they would have done tonight.

Nah... this game showed that when your in front you play 'in front' rugby.
I think if the Crusaders where behind then the Crusaders would have played 'behind' rugby and the Tah's still would have lost.

Simple as that. A wins a win and when you’re in front you go on Defense...

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 7 2006, 08:44 PM
Nah... this game showed that when your in front you play 'in front' rugby.
I think if the Crusaders where behind then the Crusaders would have played 'behind' rugby and the Tah's still would have lost.

Simple as that. A wins a win and when you’re in front you go on Defense...
Yeah, but had Rogers been there, the attack would have been so much more potent. You can't deny that.

Bummer he wasn't there... Rogers gets my vote (as a kiwi) as the best 1st5 in Aus. The effort put in by the Tah's 1st5 tonight would have been a solid performance in the under 19's... but not in this league, yeah... would have really liked to seen Rogers in action tonight.

When you've got a backline like the Tah's you have to use them... you're an idiot if you don't, the 1st5 tonight was ****, he used himself and came out way short.

But the Tah’s ardent alone, the Highlanders have got the same problem.

The Crusaders clearly looked the most potent team and their defence clearly was the better. It's the same old problem for the Tahs, good pack, good backs but no number 10.

Yup, damn straight.

The season isn't over yet though (that wasn't the final but maybe a sneak preview of what it could be without without Rogers)

Without Rogers, I wouldn't want the Tahs in the final. That would be gifting the Crusaders a ***le. The Crusaders come finals time will be at their peak which is a scary sight given they are unbeaten.

who said they are automatic finalist?......we will see come final time...if however they play again this year crusaders will destroy them...domination everywhere

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 8 2006, 12:18 AM
who said they are automatic finalist?......we will see come final time...if however they play again this year crusaders will destroy them...domination everywhere
Yeah, it's hard to see anyone beating them at the moment, though the Tah's put in one heck of an effort! The forwards really gave it a solid go too, with the Crusaders maul attempts being stifled to the point where they seemingly gave up on them, whereas the Tahs mauls were making metres all over the place...
It's just so annoying the Crusaders are still bloody there! They remind me of the Brisbane Bronco's in the 90s.

i thought the crusaders were back to their best in the first half....they were spinning the ball outwide as soon as they got the ball from the ruck...and it was great to watch..
i think in the 2nd half the crusaders sucked big time......must have been a lapse in concentration ...they were making too many silly mistakes...but they defended well...the tah's playd well in the 2nd half...but they never looked like scoring....

to me it seems the crusaders are stuck on 3rd gear atm in terms of attack and some of the skills they hav shown......im still waiting for their 5th gear performance

Latest posts