• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round One: Chiefs v Brumbies

brumbies were very sharp...in comes the experience of mortlock and gregan providing the firm foundation for them..good stuff alot sharper then the first teams that have played...that might prove well for them early in the seaon...coz when larkham comes back...ooohhhh..none pass the ball better then him..he should settle in a kiwi franchise!! lol

I COULDNT STOP LAUGHING WHEN THEY SUB'D LAVEA ON!!!!...
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know bro. Isnt it a wonderful feeling he's no longer wit us...otherwise we could have lost to the C.untsaders.

What a meah game. Was hoping ref would send off a few more guys to prove how card-trigger happy he was.

What a meah game. Was hoping ref would send off a few more guys to prove how card-trigger happy he was.
[/b]

3 was enough! but yeah what a moron.

TBF the Gibbes yellow was justified. It was a clumsy high tackle which came just minutes after an attempted spear... he had to go.

The two flanker yellows were BS though.... especially the one on Smith

Smith's was especially rough becuase he was pinged for coming into the ruck at the side when he was the first person there, so there wasn't even a ruck formed :blink: ..... and i thought he came through the gate anyway.

Holah was blatantly killing the ball but i think a penalty would of been sufficient.

Anyway, well deserved win for the Brumbies but i think they'll be a little dissapointed they let in three very soft tries - Huxley gave away two with his poor tackling and a Tawake brain fart handed Anesi an easy run away try.It was also very uncharacteristic of Mortlock to butcher that try during the second half.

Apart from the tackling, Huxley had great game. He consistently punished the Cheifs inept kicking by returning it with plenty of interest.... he has a massive boot on him!

Chisolm,Gregan,Hoiles and Mortlock were also very good, but what the **** was AAC doing all match? Huxley was playing both 10 AND 15!.

Gerrard looks like he'll be out for a while with a knee injury, thats a big loss, but it does now open the door for Fainifo to come into the team show his worth..... as CHIRO would say- "watchz outz fo dis guy! hes super fastz".

i like how you jump on every aussie victory with a pretty fair dinkum analysis..

how about the force game???

*cough....echoe's....followed by the sound of a calm wind flowing as if to say "nothing is here..go away it is boring in perth"

i like how you jump on every aussie victory with a pretty fair dinkum analysis..

how about the force game???
[/b]

I've said nothing about the Tahs win yet if it makes you feel any better.

Honestly, what is there to say? i think the only thing that could be said about that game is.. pathetic!... or worst game in the history of super rugby!.

I seriously cant pin point where that game was won and lost, it was that bad.Also,there really wasn't a player from either side that stood out and had a major effect on that game(although Blackie was pretty handy) ... All i can say is that the Highlanders were crap but the Force were crapier.

Nice to see you also added alot to that thread with your match anaylsis, what was it....

goodstuff highlanders..great defence and mulipola (bar his mucky hands) is a powerhouse[/b]

Insightful stuff :bravo:

yeh not as insiteful as...pathetic

hahahha..that sums up pretty much aussie rugby as of late...so stop over exagerating results..

Easy boys... it's only the start of the season.

For mine both teams played like crap and Chiefs played more crappy than the Brumbies.
Poor choices from both sides.

The Chiefs have a long way to go, Lavea - if they keep playing like this isn't going to be their only problem... how bad was Donald?

Oh well thats round one over and done with... lets hope things improve.

Yeah well Lavea won't be a consideration anymore, he's out injured and I agree Donald played like ****, when he's off he's really off and only the calming influence of a guy like Hill outside him can mitigate the damage and steady the game. Tuipoluto doesn't provide that kind of influence and the alternatives to both the flyhalf and second five position come in the form of Sweeney who is a handy player but hasn't got a great deal of experience and we haven't seen enough of him to rate him yet. I feel first and second five are going to be a continuing problem for the chiefs throughout the season. Once again I fear they are going to perform below their abilities.

Donald didn't play like ****?
His kicking game was way off, his play making was questionable... wasn't impressed.
BUT it's only early and we can only hope things will get better

ooohhh..shouldve did their best to keep hill...midfield is depleted as the highlanders are...they be prying for when their allblacks return

try it at there own peril..he will cut them in half with a sammy slammy special!!!

Donald didn't play like ****?
His kicking game was way off, his play making was questionable... wasn't impressed.
BUT it's only early and we can only hope things will get better
[/b]

You gotta partly blame the coach for Donalds poor kicking game, he was obviously told to kick it down the centre as part of their game plan.

Thats one area... the big area is is goal kicking or lack of it.
Shame to coach didn't tell him to kick those ones down the middle.

Latest posts