• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round One: Reds v Hurricanes

Tuney announced today that he will not play beyond this year's Super 14 season, even if he does get the call up for Australia. May he have a memorable and injury free last hurrah. God knows he deserves it.

Fulltime at Suncorp.

Reds 25 (Chapman try; Schifcofske 5 pens, conv, Barnes drop) defeated Hurricanes 16 (Jane try; Gopperth conv, 3 pens)

well...you saw what difference the ab loose forwards in reconditioning makes to this team becoz the canes got caned in almost 90% of the rucks..counter rucking was ok but defence at the breakdown was SHOCKING!!!....the reds forwards smacked them all over the show in open play..good job and the tight 5 were shockingli poor aswell...and you would think with non contested scrums you would see more backplay but the ball scarcely got past gopperth and struggled to get passed smiley at crucial times...good job reds...and alot more to work on for the canes...nonu was very ineffective...why bother with that for 80minutes???...when you got umaga who still has hunger in his eyes...

anyways till next week if the forwards can work on the breakdown offensively and defensively maybe they can feed the backs quicker and in better positions!!!...

ohwellz till next week...DAVID SMITH..DAVID SMITH..DAVID SMITH

can't believe they subbed off david smith, he along with hosea gear and cory jane were they only form players in the team.

The only other 3 times Queensland have won their opening game they went on to finish in the top five. Hopefully that's a sign, a long way to go yet though.

<div class='quotemain'>
GAY :(

The reds would be buggered without Clinton Schdfdnkfdoski.
[/b]

I guess that's one way to prove you're an idiot.
[/b][/quote]

NOW WATCH PRESIDENT CLINTON WALK INTO THE WALLABY WORLD CUP SQUAD!!!!!

Brilliant game - Brilliant cover tackle on that big ass freak - no idea who he was

Brilliant with the boot

With more game time, he will only improve...........LOOK OUT

His name will defiantely be on the lips of Connolly after that performance, only his fourth or fifth game of rugby. Especially after Drew Mitchell played so crap.

Did anyone else noticed the perfomance of young Reds halfback Nic Berry. He played extremely well and was the main guiding force behind the powerful surges by the pack.

More game time and Cordingley will have to be contend with the bench.

You little beauty!.Well done Reds :cheers:

Complete domination, great effort from the pigs... pick and drive after pick and drive, the Canes just couldn't stop it.The perfect game plan from Eddie, and expertly executed by the Reds monster forward pack.

I cant remember the last time i saw the Reds completely smash a kiwi forward pack in that fashion.The scrum was very very solid, it's just a shame that the Canes were too soft to maintain contested feeds :lol: .I hope the Force forwards were watching this - that is how it's done!

This Reds pack has Dynasty written all over it.They're already one of the best in the comp and if they can keep this group together, in a few years time, they'll be a genuine ***le contender.The only players in their pack over the age of 24, are Croft(28) and Roe(30),those two have a few good years left in em and when they go, Gilbert and Mowen will slot nicely into that backrow.

Hugh McMeniman is a f#*kin BEAST! - If this kid can stay fit, then Sharpey can pretty much kiss his #4 jersey goodbye.The big fella did it all - Solid in the lineout,bruising runs through traffic,pure aggression at the breakdown... and he stomped a mud hole in Goperth,Upton and basically anyone who tried to run the ball in his general direction.MoM and player of the round for me.He's everything that the Wallabies have been missing.

Barnes was great.Bernie better be on his game this season, because Berrick looks just about ready to take the next step.

A.Brown was surprisingly very good, his performance was enough to ensure that Johansson would be riding the pine next week...... but... he punctured his lung(out for 2-4 weeks)OUCH!... so Johansson should start at 12 for the Crusaders match.

Berry looks like a very good replacement for Cordingley.

Shifo - great debut

Chapman - very impressive, as were all the Reds forwards.

Croft - brilliant as usual.I hope Knuckles picks his openside on form rather than reputation, i'd definately like to see him in the squad for the RWC.

All in all a super impressive start to the season for the Reds. They gotta feel pretty confident about their chances this week against the Crusaders, especially with the likes of C.Brown,Johansson and Cooper coming into the squad.

Good wins reds. Doesnt really matter we'll bounce back.The hurricanes will at least make semis im pretty sure of that. I think The Canes will need 2 experiment with their players in the fowards area. Shwalger and tialata had good game (coz neeima was ****** off!)Waldrom is pretty good but made errors, Cory Jane should be put at wing and Paku at fullback. Injurys are gonna make things harder for da canes at their next game.

and replace smith and gear???...its hard to do that..plus they have leading super14 06 try scorer faatau on the reserves as well...

even tho paku is the more solid fullback...cory jane has to make his mark somewhere...nonu played pretty ineffective..he is only known for his damaging carries and he didnt dent the reds d-line one bit

bring in umaga and bench nonu for the next one

Latest posts