• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rounds 14 - 17

4 games in 14 days sounds insane. However, if the fixtures published in the OP are correct, it's actually 4 games in 3 weeks. But for the midweek games in Round 16, it wouldn't actually be much different to the regular schedule.

I think the clubs will have to manage it in a similar way to a tournament set-up with some games set aside for resting players, but it is do-able.

It's going to be fascinating to see how the different clubs approach things.
Do they treat it as an extended pre-season for 2020-21?
Do they go all out for a bit of silverware?
Do they play the kids and bring on their development?

Sarries are out anyway, and there will be overlaps with the Championship - so I can't see them doing much more than putting their internationals in the spotlight, and otherwise going with youth.
Exeter have points in hand (and a big squad) so I can't see them doing anything other than squad rotation, and essentially treating it as a pre-season. Initially at least.
Sale have a tiny squad, and don't really have the option of rotation.
Leicester and Gloucester have new coaching regimes who can use this as a brilliant opportunity to run their eye over the entire squad, with nothing to lose (but both could really propel themselves up the table if the new crew inspires them).

Everyone else is involved in a scrap of some description, and mostly with enough resources to have options. 10 points seperates 6th from 2nd; but the same gap also seperates 6th from 11th.

I reckon Worcs will use the new academy promotions (there are quite a few) and new signings a lot and leave some of the more established to rest. We have nothing to fight for except prepping for the new season. That said i would love to see us skip up a few places in the table

Potential for maximum 45 points.

I suspect all teams will be going for it.
That Champions cup money would be a big boost for clubs currently.

The core of Tigers squ

Rugby shouldnt be played more than 1 game per team a week and agree the season prob should have been stopped ages ago but tbh as BPM said i cant wait to see some live rugby either.

Happy that teams dont incur fines for putting out weak teams, means hopfully we will see some young talent getting a shot before next season.

And i want to see Semi Randradra in the prem (he will be here by now right?)
Yeah bears have posted pics of him and sinks training

Is the Tigers squad largely intact?

Losing pretty much all your centres that have played so far this season is surely going to be damaging?

The back row looks very light as well. Even more so if Taufua leaves.

Is the Tigers squad largely intact?

Losing pretty much all your centres that have played so far this season is surely going to be damaging?

The back row looks very light as well. Even more so if Taufua leaves.

I mean the core of it I would say
1 - 6 = the same Taufua 50/50
9+10 = the same
For me 1-10 is the most important aspect to the core.
IF Borthwick can get that pack working with England 9 + 10 you would imagine that would be easy to build around.
Tigers biggest failing since Mauger came is that it seemed to be give it too Manu oh he got injured ermmmm give it too Veainu ermmm he got injured give it too ......... Cole!

also the thing with those centres it wasn't even consistent with the 3 players who have left.
Manu and Eastmond both was on and off injured, and Reid played more at 10 with Ford away with England.
Manu played 5 games for us this season

I think Tigers have had something stupid like 12 different centre partnerships this season.

9+10 = the same
IF Borthwick can get that pack working with England 9 + 10 you would imagine that would be easy to build around.
Tigers biggest failing since Mauger came is that it seemed to be give it too Manu oh he got injured ermmmm give it too Veainu ermmm he got injured give it too ......... Cole!

also the thing with those centres it wasn't even consistent with the 3 players who have left.
Manu and Eastmond both was on and off injured, and Reid played more at 10 with Ford away with England.

I think Tigers have had something stupid like 12 different centre partnerships this season.
I seem to remember Sam A-R being able to play at 13, could he be an option or am I imagining that he played there a few times for us?

9+10 = the same

Fair points. I also think it's fair to say that Borthwick has added to the tight five with Montoya, Shalva (not going to attempt his surname) and Enever bringing some power and some nous. Some combination of Taufua, Brink, Liebenberg and Reffell is a good back row, but if Taufua does go, it's immediately exposed for depth. I know players like Green, Wells and Lewis can cover 6 but they're all locks first.

Latest posts