• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

roy asotasi comments and reactions of coaching

S

sambãd5

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/1544774

Roy asotasi has been repremanded due to his comments on kiwis coach gary kemble. now hes in the **** for it. i cant belive how arrogant the nzrl is over this. kemble is a joke. what asotasi said is 100% true. kemble is over his head. you cant lose like they did against the lions. they brought shame onto all which is new zealand rugby leauge. and its wc year. wayne bennet should be the kiwis coach. he will produce imediate results. the kiwis are very much a morale team and clearly there is no morale given by kemble and the positivity given to bennet already should give him the job. no one in the new zealand squad wants kemble as thier coach, yet the nzrl is not listening. the public dont want kemble representing them either. bring on bennet.

i 100% back asotasi, he is the (proberly now former) captian of the kiwis, and he spoke clearly on behalf of his team. or at least on the best intrests of his team. he has significantly higher mana among his teammates than kemble. and now kemble and the nzrl will definatly not choose asotasi as captian, and his highly unlikely for him to be named in the squad at all. but as asotasi and myself are thinking is: SO? international rugby league is a joke, and when we select clowns such as kemble to coach us its no wonder. his paycheck at souths will be quite enough for him, and the prospect of playing for a losing kiwi team with little extra pay wont worry him the slightest.

congratulations to you roy, you are a f***ing legend, an inspiration to new zealand rugby league, and shame on you kemble. shame on you nzrl.

WOW

sounds like the Chappels v Cricket Australia in the 80's - open ur mouth and be shot!!!

I must back Aso....i havent read into it

But Aso is a man with a league compass, he could captain coach, and do a better job......

Yeah the NZRL should f*** off and let the man be heard without needing to worry about disciplinary action.

Everyone thinks it, so whats the problem?!

Is it a matter of the NZRL not wanting to pay Gary Kemble out for the rest of his remaining contract that is preventing him being sacked? Or does he have some strong supporters in high places?

Wayne Bennet ftw!!!

Not surprised lol but man i feel bad for kemble! lol No support from players it appears

I'm 50/50 on this. Kemble should not be coach. Roy should've said to NZRL that he wouldn't play if Kemble coached and kept it in confidence.

Thats about it for me.

yeah after reading more into it - Ivo has it spot on

there are forums for this type - and the media is not it

however - its not freedom of speech is it?

Aso should not be sacked or repremanded fullstop....fined/warned but not what has happened

Kidwells back Roy, and i've read on teletext that senior players are willing to not play if Kemble stays on as coach, even when it has been announced Wayne Bennet will have a advisory type role within the Kiwis.

Kidwells back Roy, and i've read on teletext that senior players are willing to not play if Kemble stays on as coach, even when it has been announced Wayne Bennet will have a advisory type role within the Kiwis. [/b]
The only reason that players are willing not to play as a result of Kemble is because many of them are eligible to play for Tonga or Samoa in the upcoming world cup and will act upon this eligibility if need be.

Why do sporting bodies see fit to deny the right to freedom of speech i think players should be able to say whatever they see fit.

Well in roy

well as the cookie starts crumbling, kemble has resigned and it looks highly likely that bennett will be the next kiwis coach, with former player and current assistant coach of the storm, stephen kerney, to be his assistant.

i belive this is the right move for the nzrl. kemble should have gone after getting thrashed by brittian, and this is the obvious choice. belive it or not, but we might have a chance in the wc. let it be a small chance however.

yup they made it a bit obvious when they scrapped that residency rule for coaches having to reside in nz thing. there doesn't appear to be any other coaches showing interest is there? why havent they asked bluey mcclenan?

they did, but hes earning the big bucks up north. i dont think that its that no one put there hand up, but kerney and the wellington rugby league coach knew that they are not ready for it, and are best suited for assistant. get some experiance up.

Latest posts