Royal Shrovetide Football

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by O'Rothlain, Feb 20, 2007.

1. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Does'nt everyone get the stuffing knocked out of them playing it?

It's like the wall game at Eton...wonderful, wonderful anachronisms in this modern razzamataz driven era.

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I know someone who actually touched the ball once, He was so proud!

Sad *******...

5. Wow...he must be nails.

6. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

It's a big deal though...you have a mass of what...500 people?...all trying to get that ball to the goal? To touch the ball is huge.
    Well, it's on my agenda of things to do before I die. That and Running with the bulls in Spain.

7. It's a big deal though...you have a mass of what...500 people?...all trying to get that ball to the goal? To touch the ball is huge.
    Well, it's on my agenda of things to do before I die. That and Running with the bulls in Spain.
    [/b][/quote]

Ambitions like that are the best. I'd love to drink beer from the FA Cup and touch a Victoria Cross.

8. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

I would love to drink Guinness out of the Holy Grail!!!

9. Wow.

Just like the 'real' Jesus O'Nazareth.

10. Careful you get the right one....we all remember the lessons learnt from Indianna Jones & the Last Crusade!

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Careful you get the right one....we all remember the lessons learnt from Indianna Jones & the Last Crusade!
    [/b][/quote]
    Smart-asses win?

Mmmm God's Drink out of God's Cup.

12. Did you just refer to Indy as a smart ass? My pointer is hovering above the "[​IMG]" button there mate!

Apparently sales of the black stuff plummetted last year due to the lovely whether...I do like a pint of Guinness but when it's hot and sunny you need something more refreshing. Guinness Extra Cold is just for people who don't really like Guinness.

13. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Indiana Jones was a smart-ass...that's what's great about him...he always has a smart-ass come back or answer. He's great. Don't de-rep me...I love Indie like Short Round.
    [​IMG]

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!