• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rua Tipoki transfer to Munster

J

jovialjonny

I for one am pretty excited about watching Munster next year because I think Tipoki and Brian Carney can add a bit of much needed skill to our backline...

Combine this with Munster's already great pack and they're a very dangerous team.

Combine this with Munster's already great pack and they're a very dangerous team. [/b]
Watch out for a WC hangover though. The season may end very early for a lot of the Irish teams.

There is a great wave of SH players crashing in to France and England. Munster don't have the money to keep up, and we may find ourselves so outmuscled up front that any improvement in the backs won't matter. And where would that leave Leinster and their hopeless pack?

The national team will still keep up, but without HEC competitiveness we might see enthusiasm waning from below, which will have an effect in the long term.

Mind you, loads of people say the English soccer team is so crap because of the amount of foreign players in the Premiership - so maybe it will be good for the Irish team in rugby.

Is Cullen still there? Rua since being captian of Harbour has dropped his penalty rate down a little. Awesome side steping in heavy traffic.

I think Cullen is retired now, too much injuries and that sort...

I think Rua Teepoki will do good aye, i mean Northern Hemisphere backs wont have the ability to contain his speed and agility. Heck most NH couldn't contain any NZ backs that go up there :p

Yer He had a really bad injury against cardiff, to his sholder if i remeber? and since then rarely played so he retired

Well Rua has done nothing (from what i've seen) as of yet.
He did a few dangerous tackles in the game against the O's, but given his infamous history there's no surprise really.

He was fantastic for the Crusaders last year, so he really should start to pick it up. He was probably one of the better cost effecient pickups from the NH club sides.

He was fantastic for the Crusaders last year, so he really should start to pick it up. He was probably one of the better cost effecient pickups from the NH club sides.
[/b]

Yeah he was awesome with the Crusaders last year, his personality completely changed when he moved from the Blues such that the cheap shots and foul play had disappeared. I think he will have an impact, and for some one of his talent, he's very under rated.

I think Rua Teepoki will do good aye, i mean Northern Hemisphere backs wont have the ability to contain his speed and agility. Heck most NH couldn't contain any NZ backs that go up there :p
[/b]

I think you will find that defenses are tighter in NH than SH . NZ backs dont make anymore difference to a team than anyone else. Just get over yourself and realise that NZ are not a dominant nation anymore , they are WC quater finalists and nothing more. Perhaps to bring on your standard you could ask the Pumas very nicely if you can join them in a yearly competition.This might help your forward play and ability not to CHOKE again.
HA HA HA HA

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I think you will find that defenses are tighter in NH than SH . NZ backs dont make anymore difference to a team than anyone else. Just get over yourself and realise that NZ are not a dominant nation anymore , they are WC quater finalists and nothing more. Perhaps to bring on your standard you could ask the Pumas very nicely if you can join them in a yearly competition.This might help your forward play and ability not to CHOKE again.
HA HA HA HA
[/b][/quote]

LOL, then why do you melon heads up north buy our brilliantly talented backs then? You're argument makes no sense and you sound like a fool to be honest.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

HA HA HA HA
[/b][/quote]

LOL, then why do you melon heads up north buy our brilliantly talented backs then? You're argument makes no sense and you sound like a fool to be honest.
[/b][/quote]

To be fair we do buy SH talent but what we do is put our hands around their necks and train them not to choke as soon as we go near them.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

HA HA HA HA
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

To be fair we do buy SH talent but what we do is put our hands around their necks and train them not to choke as soon as we go near them.
[/b][/quote]

Still, sad you have to go through all that effort. May I suggest try and develop some of your players? Are they really that bad to just be pushed aside and buy all our players? What a sad and sorry state

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

HA HA HA HA [/b][/quote]

What are you on about? The NZ forward pack absolutly dominated everyone they played at the World Cup, they absolutly manhandled the French pack, they shreded a pretty damn good Italian pack and in the Tri Nations they got the better of the Springbok pack. NZ have the best pack on the planet, so I'm not sure what you're trying argue apart from mindless drivel. And anyway the All Blacks only choked at the World Cup, in every other competition they are the dominant ones. I don't understand how one game suddenly drops you from being a dominant nation. Next year will be a rebuilding year for the All Blacks and they'll still win at an 80% clip. New Zealand has put together a four year string of winning at 90%, what has your English side done in that time? A string of three pretty damn good games. You're just trolling for a comment and you have no grounds for an arguement.

Danny, this is a topic about Rua Tipoki - not about New Zealand and their world cup.
If you take this topic off subject again (attempting to flame the New Zealand boys) then once again you shall be dealt with.

Stick to the subject at hand!

I think he'll do alright up North but he won't be mr fantastic still should be good for any team he plays for. I just hope he doesn't do a Jean De Villiers on anybody.

Latest posts