• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 06 First Trailer!!

That looks crap-tacular. The movies released for Rugby 2004 and 2005 looked nothing like the game and even if the game looked like this it would still be crap. Note the lack of footage of any rucks or mauls, or even scrums.

Same crappy sidestep, same crappy tackle animations, same crappy everything.

Originally posted by el_tk@Dec 14 2005, 05:00 AM
That looks crap-tacular. The movies released for Rugby 2004 and 2005 looked nothing like the game and even if the game looked like this it would still be crap. Note the lack of footage of any rucks or mauls, or even scrums.

Same crappy sidestep, same crappy tackle animations, same crappy everything.
To be honest most EA trailers look rubbish especially the Rugby ones. They are all very scripted and only really show things they think will grab peoples attention like steps and big hits and diving over the line.

I wouldnt read too much into it. The only thing that matters is when the game has booted up and the pads in your hand.

They could show the best vid in the world but if it plays like crap what does it matter ?

Is it just me, or do you hate people who say "is it just me" ?

Well, am I the only golddigger who noticed the South African flyhalf standing still upon receiving the scrumhalfs pass? It looked to be against the Wales team. In fact, this happens right after the aforementioned South African side fell on the sword of Larkham's petite grubblet.

Other than that, I agree with most everything Knowsleyroader has said. I've got some hope for it on the whole.

Nice find, Nicko.

How uninspiring. It looks like exactly the same game, just with offloads. Still seem to be far too many scripted animations, and little details which are wrong - Percy Montgomery is not right footed!

Not holding my breath too much for this one, looking forward to RC2006 far more.

The one handed pick up on the run seems promising..........

Looks like the fend might actually work better as well.

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Dec 14 2005, 07:33 AM
The one handed pick up on the run seems promising..........

Looks like the fend might actually work better as well.
I'm not so sure. It looks to be the exact same fend as in Rugby 05. Slows you down etc.

RC2006 looks far more promising imo.

The main problem I had with 05 was that there was no room to move.

eg I want a bit of one on one contact but this never occured. Do you think this will have been improved

Originally posted by richllew@Dec 14 2005, 09:39 AM
The main problem I had with 05 was that there was no room to move.

eg I want a bit of one on one contact but this never occured. Do you think this will have been improved
If I had to choose between R2k6 and RC2k6 for me it's always going to be the former. Even if the gameplay is great, I probably will fail to get any longetivity out of RC2k6 because of the absense of any southern hemisphere licenses. Not even the Wallabies are licensed. I could be wrong, but that's just how I feel at the moment.

Trailer looks ok but i cant see much difference the grubber was still useless the guy still slowed down before kicking it etc but you never know they may surprise us yet.
just dont base anything on the trailer remember they even managed to make 04 look half decent in the trailers.

Personally aswell as everything that has been listed here already i hope they fix the try scoring animation so you dont have to dive everytime you score a try sometimes it can look cool etc but if you ahve scored a length of the field try and theres no defenders in sight it would b nice to place the ball or just slide in rather than a full on dive. id also like to see some more cutscenes such as when you win a cup or something

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 13 2005, 11:05 PM
yes, its good now that us as rugby fans seem to be treated to rugby game every year.
funny how the trailers released the same time as rugby challenge 2006.
rugby challenege 2006 is out!?!?!
<

Sport Headlines Tonight:
Rugby 2006 trailer released at the same time as Rugby Championship 2006 trailer.

Other top stories:
kinkon misunderstands simple English.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 14 2005, 09:05 AM
Sport Headlines Tonight:
Rugby 2006 trailer released at the same time as Rugby Championship 2006 trailer.

Other top stories:
kinkon misunderstands simple English.
lol shut up....
<

Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 14 2005, 05:57 AM

Well, am I the only golddigger who noticed the South African flyhalf standing still upon receiving the scrumhalfs pass? It looked to be against the Wales team. In fact, this happens right after the aforementioned South African side fell on the sword of Larkham's petite grubblet.

Other than that, I agree with most everything Knowsleyroader has said. I've got some hope for it on the whole.

Nice find, Nicko.
Captain?

I am relying on you for 'sock' quality control.

I am sure you will instinctively, spot some discrepancies in the prints.

Attention to detail is key, for the overall experience
<

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 14 2005, 01:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 14 2005, 01:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Dec 14 2005, 05:57 AM

Well, am I the only golddigger who noticed the South African flyhalf standing still upon receiving the scrumhalfs pass?  It looked to be against the Wales team.  In fact, this happens right after the aforementioned South African side fell on the sword of Larkham's petite grubblet. 

Other than that, I agree with most everything Knowsleyroader has said.  I've got some hope for it on the whole.

Nice find, Nicko.
Captain?

I am relying on you for 'sock' quality control.

I am sure you will instinctively, spot some discrepancies in the prints.

Attention to detail is key, for the overall experience
<
[/b]
Goddamn right attention to detail.

And I'm pleased to say - so far, so good.

But, I've got a bad feeling in my heart, nay, my heart of hearts - that the Barbarians are not going to have club socks. For shame.

For fooping shame.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 13 2005, 08:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 13 2005, 08:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Dec 13 2005, 05:49 PM
Did you notice how useless the grubber still looks?
hopefully it won't make the player stop in his tracks and take 20 minutes to execute like last time... and hopefully if it is like last time the ball physics are a little more realistic. I always got a chuckle when I finally pulled off a grubber only to see it do a right angle turn on the first bounce and land near the opposite wing! [/b]
It looks like it does. Notice Larkham is a good distance ahead when he slows to an almost complete stop and grubbers. When the ball hits his foot the defender is right on his ass.

When will EA make a grubber / hack that you can execute at full speed like WCR?

Oh, and look at the last shot. Percy Montgomery is still right footed
<

why did they show larkham do a grubber kick??...there is nobody in front of him....pointless

am i the only person who actually liked 2005 and still plays it?
its really not too bad in my opinion and for the first REAL attampt in the franchise, i was impressed. i dont think it needed an overhaul or anything drastic, and i think the new tweaks could push the game up a level and make it a great game.

Latest posts