• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 06 First Trailer!!

id like to know why it isn't going on my pc, i think i may have to wait until i get home to c this

its taking forever

maybe theyre just showing it off, but it seems way too easy to use offloads.

cant see it...must be a work firewall or something

i'll just listen to the bible of rugby video games...............the TRF!!!

But I want RC2006
<

k i left it open for like ages and it worked lol

looks good, but looks ARE deceiving.

that high tackle was no way high, it was ball and all!!!! although the ball was up around his neck at the time
<

actually looks pretty good. it look alot more fluid than 2005 and looks like that sidestep works!

Originally posted by sizzler@Dec 13 2005, 02:26 PM
actually looks pretty good. it look alot more fluid than 2005 and looks like that sidestep works!
Ah, but remember the trailer for rugby 2005................Sailor (I seem to remember??) seemed to effortlessly step two players in succession and where was that in the game??

Set the game on its lowest difficulty and I'm sure users can do all sorts of great things........

Direct link to movie: http://www.eaplay.com/australia/movies/?addmovie=3455

Typical EA trailer, you can't really take too much away from it. The graphics look a bit smoother and offloading will help increase the game's longetivity but there ain't a lot else I can tell from the video. Looks like they've kept the same crappy stepping animation.

The thing that interests me is the ruck situation, this vid only shows tackles and set piece play..............rucks (and how possessionat the ruck is decided) is really going to make or break this game.

To be fair though HB studios do have a good foundation in rugby 2005 to work upon.

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 13 2005, 02:35 PM
Rugby 05 with offloads?
I think so...I hate that step, HB rely way too much on animations. Stepping is suppose to be fluid, they should take note from the madden step its quick and effective aswel with the madden stiff arm

Doesn't look all that different from Rugby 2005.

However. This may not be a bad thing.

Rugby 2005+offloads+dangerous tackles+quick taps & lineouts+updated lineups=Rugby 2006?

I'll remain neutral. For now.

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 13 2005, 02:25 PM

Rugby 2005+offloads+dangerous tackles+quick taps & lineouts+updated lineups=Rugby 2006?

Agreed... They needed to make sure the animations had less impact on control this time around, and by the looks of that I'd say it hasn't.
We'll wait and see. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong and this is in fact a great game.

Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 13 2005, 03:32 PM
We'll wait and see. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong and this is in fact a great game.
Mate you wouldn't be the only one........love for someone to make me eat my words and bring out the ultimate footie game (for a few years anyway)..........I would fly over to the studios and kiss their feet.......then clean their houses and wash their cars...then go over to Aus and kiss you too Sanzar.....

Thats DISGUSTING!!

The should keep there cars clean all the time.
I'm really looking forward to this game after i was a little disappointed with RL2
Still I'll rent b4 i buy

Looks alright. Sidestep - I don't mind as I seem to execute it almost 100% on '05 (recently started playing again).

All the things that could add to realism and gameplay in there look good. Offloads+High Shots+Quick Taps+Quick Lineouts+2006 rosters!
Looking pretty good.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 13 2005, 04:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 13 2005, 04:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Dec 13 2005, 02:25 PM

Agreed... They needed to make sure the animations had less impact on control this time around, and by the looks of that I'd say it hasn't.
We'll wait and see. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong and this is in fact a great game. [/b]
No you wont, you'll be extremly ****** off.

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 13 2005, 05:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 13 2005, 05:18 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 13 2005, 04:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Dec 13 2005, 02:25 PM

No you wont, you'll be extremly ****** off. [/b]
Hey sanzar, if this game sucks (or good) do want us to counter Los's moves and halve EA's sales?

EA's pretty big, but I think that together we can do it...

...We'll be like George Bush and his detachable metaphoric power-penis.... Completely useless oon our own, but together we will crush the puny humans with our giant, metallic erection!!

What you mean those Penises of Mass Destruction that they gave Iraq in the Iraq/Iran war, that we are now trying to get rid of?

Do they even exist? If so I want one!

Latest posts