• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 06 vs. Rugby Challenge 2006 : Licenses

Originally posted by diegobgr@Jan 27 2006, 07:29 AM
Which are the licenses in this games?

In Rugby 06 can we add new leagues?
rugby 06 has everything...

RC2006 bends the SH over the couch and gives it the prison treatment...

can't answer your other question....

Yes. They did that intentionally... They could afford the SH licences, but chose not to just for the sake of it...
<

And Rugby 06 does not have everything. That's bullshit. It has Guiness Premiership, Super 14, and internationals. That's it.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 27 2006, 01:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 27 2006, 01:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-diegobgr
@Jan 27 2006, 07:29 AM
Which are the licenses in this games?

In Rugby 06 can we add new leagues?
rugby 06 has everything...

RC2006 bends the SH over the couch and gives it the prison treatment...

can't answer your other question.... [/b]
LOL...prison treatment a bit of
<
<
. This is another area where R2006 will beat RC2006 - the more licenses it has over it, like players names and things like that.

its surprising how much proper player names/likenesses and appearances make...when i play rc2006 i go nowhere near the s.hemisphere teams cos theres just no satisfaction....as odd as that sounds!

Originally posted by paddyknight@Jan 27 2006, 02:35 PM
its surprising how much proper player names/likenesses and appearances make...when i play rc2006 i go nowhere near the s.hemisphere teams cos theres just no satisfaction....as odd as that sounds!
like pes, and blic

i am changing all the SH names, before i even play a game

i wont subject myself to the dispointment ur getting

the ONUS is on YOU

ONUS > US

Quote:
the ONUS is on YOU

God, i thought you were saying i had to do it all!

I'm drunk...why do i do this to myself

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 27 2006, 03:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 27 2006, 03:11 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-paddyknight
@Jan 27 2006, 02:35 PM
like pes, and blic

the ONUS is on YOU

ONUS > US [/b]
yeah, well it is now.

I don't know if I can edit a hire though...it'll take a day and then I'll take it back the next day!! Will have to pass I think.....

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 27 2006, 03:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 27 2006, 03:11 PM)</div>
like pes, and blic

the ONUS is on YOU

ONUS > US [/b]

Your going to be really disappointed AK. Most of the players don't look bugger all like the real players down here. Some of them are just totally not even the right people.

Some of the all blacks i'll just have to think of who they look most like when I get round to editing.

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jan 27 2006, 05:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jan 27 2006, 05:30 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 27 2006, 03:11 PM

like pes, and blic

the ONUS is on YOU

ONUS > US

Your going to be really disappointed AK. Most of the players don't look bugger all like the real players down here. Some of them are just totally not even the right people.

Some of the all blacks i'll just have to think of who they look most like when I get round to editing. [/b]
there will be a list mate - there has to be a list

i know it helped with BLIC/RPIC with the names a little off

But like the Ntherlands in PES3 - all ...........orange<insertrandomnumberhere>

we gotto get a list from either some dedicated freak, or from Trev himself

Swordfish should provide a list, coz whats the point in having the editor if its all guess work

they provide the means, then provide the data etc

alteast i'll be able to guess the wallabies, and will await the dedicated kiwis and bokke boys to come good on their teams

or swordy can just put an end to all the confusion....with a nice list

aw rugby 06 is looking good to get now. rc2006 seems really suited to the northern hemisphere and maybe rugby 06 for southern

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 27 2006, 05:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 27 2006, 05:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 27 2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 27 2006, 03:11 PM

like pes, and blic

the ONUS is on YOU

ONUS > US

Some of the all blacks i'll just have to think of who they look most like when I get round to editing.
there will be a list mate - there has to be a list

i know it helped with BLIC/RPIC with the names a little off

But like the Ntherlands in PES3 - all ...........orange<insertrandomnumberhere>

we gotto get a list from either some dedicated freak, or from Trev himself

Swordfish should provide a list, coz whats the point in having the editor if its all guess work

they provide the means, then provide the data etc

alteast i'll be able to guess the wallabies, and will await the dedicated kiwis and bokke boys to come good on their teams

or swordy can just put an end to all the confusion....with a nice list [/b]

Umm, AK. Your not going to like this, but I meant that some of the Southern Hemisphere players, (almost half) look nothing like any player currently wearing their country or clubs jersey!
<

They look like anonymous people!
<

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 27 2006, 05:49 PM
aw rugby 06 is looking good to get now. rc2006 seems really suited to the northern hemisphere and maybe rugby 06 for southern
I would say NH for WCR2 and NH and SH (who have taste) for EA06.

and yes ak47....if swordfish have decided who THEY think the sh players are and then changed their names......then due tio the little idiosyncracies that occur when programming and when deciding who goes in etc.....then they MUST provide a list.

It isn't an option. Not if they want Shers to buy the game anyway. I am not working it out myself when the likenesses aren't even that good apparently...I mean where's the leg-up visually or in some closeness of the name. They could have used intitals and let us expand. that would have been smart.

LIST = SALES/HIRES....

hop to it trevvy...

cheers.
<
<

Licences are as follows:

RC06:
Celtic League
French Top 14
Guinness Prem
Heiniken Cup
England
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
Italy
(France is pretty well licensed, minus the jersey -players are licensed)

EA Sports Rugby 06:
SANZAR (Including Tri Nations and Super 14)
Argentina
America
Canada
Six Nations
Guinness Prem
(Not sure about others, like islanders, but don't think they are)

Originally posted by maddog79@Jan 27 2006, 02:29 AM
This is another area where R2006 will beat RC2006 - the more licenses it has over it, like players names and things like that.
Technically RC2006 actually has more licenses though, just not the S14. I understand that is annoying (like Rugby 2005 for us in the NH), but surely gameplay is the deciding factor? Although thankfully EA seem to have got it a lot better this year...

Originally posted by toup+Jan 27 2006, 08:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jan 27 2006, 08:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-maddog79
@Jan 27 2006, 02:29 AM
This is another area where R2006 will beat RC2006 - the more licenses it has over it, like players names and things like that.
Technically RC2006 actually has more licenses though, just not the S14. I understand that is annoying (like Rugby 2005 for us in the NH), but surely gameplay is the deciding factor? Although thankfully EA seem to have got it a lot better this year... [/b]
How was R2005 annoying to NH people? You guys had far more teams in there than SH?

And you've only won the world cup once..........out 5 attempts. Even your drop goals are more frequent than that!

<
<
<
<
<

<
<
<
<
<
<
<

I think more than just super 14. I am pretty sure none of the tri nations teams or tri nations competition is licensed on rc2006. and the six nations i don't think rc2006 has either. bu the main one is super 14 as that is the southerhemipshere club comp. gameplay is always the deciding factor in any game and that is why I am waiting for both to come out.r2006 though with a proper super 14 comp is very tempting.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 27 2006, 09:09 AM
How was R2005 annoying to NH people? You guys had far more teams in there than SH?

And you've only won the world cup once..........out 5 attempts. Even your drop goals are more frequent than that!
They weren't licensed though...

And let's not turn another thread into an anti-England rant... we fully accept that NZ are a better team these days, and the only ones still harping on about the RWC are you guys.

Originally posted by toup+Jan 27 2006, 09:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jan 27 2006, 09:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Jan 27 2006, 09:09 AM

They weren't licensed though...

And let's not turn another thread into an anti-England rant... we fully accept that NZ are a better team these days, and the only ones still harping on about the RWC are you guys. [/b]

All in fun, Toup. No offense intended.
<
Just felt like having a dig.

We're still harping on about it, because we haven't won it for nearly 20 years!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 27 2006, 09:54 AM
All in fun, Toup. No offense intended.
<
Just felt like having a dig.

We're still harping on about it, because we haven't won it for nearly 20 years!
Well for what it's worth I don't reckon you'll be waiting much longer...

Back on topic though, hopefully if EA get the gameplay right this year, the lack of Swordfish competition (which is a real shame), may mean that although we will probably only get 1 game next year, it should be pretty decent and have ALL the licenses... then we'll all be happy(ish)

Latest posts