• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 AI Patch

A

aus5892

I was wondering if there are any available/any plans to make an AI patch for Rugby 08. Having already mastered Elite are there any patchers on here who can edit the AI and make the game harder/more realistic?

All you can do is set yourself some gameplay rules.. like limited kicking, run penalties, commit more fouls etc.

So there are no people on here who can do AI Patches? I assume that it can be done because I've downloaded them for other EA games like Cricket 07

So there are no people on here who can do AI Patches? I assume that it can be done because I've downloaded them for other EA games like Cricket 07
[/b]

Iv'e also downloaded AI patches for EA's NHL series. Must be a way.

There is a way theres just not anyone willing to do it. Besides the way the NH teams play, they actually run when they're in their own 22! What's up with that? The only players that counter attack in the NH is Robinson and............Hang on im trying to think.....Nah i can't remember anyone else doing that.

There is a way theres just not anyone willing to do it. Besides the way the NH teams play, they actually run when they're in their own 22! What's up with that? The only players that counter attack in the NH is Robinson and............Hang on im trying to think.....Nah i can't remember anyone else doing that.
[/b]

Rory Lamont

[/b]

I did find a file (.xml) which shows the time the computer waits before challenging for the ball in the scrums - for each difficulty setting. Haven't found another file tho.

Maybe the other AI files are in a .big file?

Is there a way to temporarily increase the stats of players to increase the difficulty? Obviously not all stats otherwise props would be running like wingers. Just the main stats for each position although this is kinda cheating it does sound like the easiest way to increase the AI. I think implementing this would be really hard but wouldn't it be easier than editing code? But then again i know f*** all about computers so i could be talking bs

there are only ai settings in the big file for scrums and rucks. nothing for decisions of the ai in open play or effectivness on tackles etc.

in all honesty i have played with the ruckign values and they do sweet fa if anythign at all. i havnt bothered doing anythign abou the scrums as i think thats just pointless unless you want the opposition to win every ball. I feel the scrums are pretty even as it is.

So in summary there would be people around who would help with playing with the AI if it was possible just from the xml files, like cricket, like hocky etc. but the people who made this game didnt make the ai easy to play with.

trust me i have tried.

there are only ai settings in the big file for scrums and rucks. nothing for decisions of the ai in open play or effectivness on tackles etc.

in all honesty i have played with the ruckign values and they do sweet fa if anythign at all. i havnt bothered doing anythign abou the scrums as i think thats just pointless unless you want the opposition to win every ball. I feel the scrums are pretty even as it is.

So in summary there would be people around who would help with playing with the AI if it was possible just from the xml files, like cricket, like hocky etc. but the people who made this game didnt make the ai easy to play with.

trust me i have tried.
[/b]

Thanks Woosaah, kind of destroyed my dreams of being able to make this game moe challenging but at least we know thats its not easy to fix the AI.....I can stop wondering about that now.

I guess to make the game more challenging we just kick a lot less, run the ball more, don't use the dive tackle and don't always use our front linout jumper to steal the opposition's lineout ball.

one way to make it more challenging is to increase all the stats of all the teams and players in the game to somewhere in the 90-100 range except for the 2-3 teams you like to play with which you should lower in stats (for me wasps and england). it makes it a lot more challenging and some time i even lose.. :bleh!:

one way to make it more challenging is to increase all the stats of all the teams and players in the game to somewhere in the 90-100 range except for the 2-3 teams you like to play with which you should lower in stats (for me wasps and england). it makes it a lot more challenging and some time i even lose.. :bleh!:
[/b]

Thats a great idea, was also thinking about that..........

I'm sure it's possible, obviously we don't have the personel I guess. With Cricket 07 there were heaps of people looking at the AI.

Latest posts