• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 full Player stats list

D

Darhf

Now you'll stop begging for player stats ;)

I've been able to have someone send me the Data.Gob of the Rugby 08 PS2 disc, and I found an interesting text file with all the player stats.

So I've put online a zip file with:

- The text file itself
- An excel version of the file
- The roster file.

I don't know if the number are accurate since I don't have the full game to check it.

Download the file here :
http://www.zshare.net/download/2756783ad09574/

Enjoy !

and the fastest player is ... D.Onohato , Japan winger ;)

Thanx mate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Onohato has been the fastest player since 2004 hasn't he?

good stuff. i cant take any more of those questions. incidentally star players look like they are denoted by a '^' after the name. at least on the text file.

Good work mate. How did you pull yourself away from the game long enough to do it?

And why the hell is Juan Hernandez of Argentina so crap still. Surely one of the worlds top 20 players.

And what is Chile?

Good work mate. How did you pull yourself away from the game long enough to do it? [/b]

I don't own the game, and I have a PAL PS2 anyway, so I'm waiting for the UK version.

HAHA what fun! I'm sorting each stat to see who is the best and worst at everything! Poor Japanese guys :(

However, the thing it also highlights is how wrong EA have got lots of the stats. Now I know it's a huge job for them but they can't give a player who actually runs the hundred in 12 flat a speed rating of 20 (the slowest in the game) and have him as a Loosehead prop and nothing else, when in fact he is a first choice flanker, second choice number 8, and third choice scrum-half.

What is Trevor Brennan doing there. He's 32 with a 7 year suspension - he's finished.

And no Nick Abendanon <_< . And has Spies ever played FH, if he has thats awesome. In fact tons of their positions are way off. Cipriani is a FB to, for example.

What is Trevor Brennan doing there. He's 32 with a 7 year suspension - he's finished.

And no Nick Abendanon <_< . And has Spies ever played FH, if he has thats awesome. In fact tons of their positions are way off. Cipriani is a FB to, for example. [/b]

The whole Toulouse roster is ********, it's two year late. It doesn't even have the new players of this past season, like Albacete, Du Toit, Courrent, Dusautoir, ... :angry:

The Bath one is a mess to. Ian Davey has never started a GP game (he has potential though). Abendanon, A.Williams and Malone on the other hand were regulars last season and are conspicuous by their absence. Lipman is still effin Australian - despite having been capped by England.

All the positions are wrong to. They're just too numerous to list.

And Steve Borthwick is listed as a Fly Half. What the hell is that?

Strettles speed is 74...this is a joke! Matt Tait at 84? bit higher i think showed his speed in south africa. Not very accurate speed ratings, for instance why is howlett quicker than Sivivatu and Roko?

dan ward smith and lewis moody in the centres it looks like

why can't they just ditch this positions thing and if you put a player in a position that they aren't meant to be they'll be crap because their stats will reflect they shouldn't be there.

can't even put Evans in the centre even though he got subbed there and scored against s'africa.

Joke if you ask me

and how is lote tiqiri 6th fastest on the game!?

Digby Ioane isn't even in the game, he has been playing super 14 for two years, did they even pay attention when making this game? A simple roster check up by them would have done the trick...

Plus, Tai McIssac used to be a prob before he became a hooker, you would think that would be as one of his positions?

Plus Haig Sare is listed as a centre despite only ever playing as a wing for the Force...bloody hell!

thanks for this, bit worrying to see that tom rees is a blindside flanker only :p
borthwick at flyhalf with a centre partnership of lewis moody and DWS, toby flood doesnt play centre apparently
worrying that Darcys 3rd choice position is centre where ive seen it to be his first
bad that francois steyn looks to be a terrible player in this game :S

weird though that the bristol team have a almost accurate lineup although again they seem to be a bad team :rahh:

good to see tom palmer go back to his first choice position of scrumhalf though :rolleyes:
oh well im just glad the modders on this site are good :D

And no Nick Abendanon <_< . And has Spies ever played FH, if he has thats awesome. In fact tons of their positions are way off. Cipriani is a FB to, for example. [/b]

Scarlet's squad has players who left TWO YEARS ago. In fact it looks like the developers have been hibernating for two years! What a total load of rubbish. EA could have at least got the rosters right. Not happy.

EA strike again. This is why i am patching 06 because i am fed up of this type of BS every year in EA games.

An alternative world XV:

1: George "Hooker" Chuter
2: Perry "Loose-head" Freshwater
3: Dan "No.8" Ward-Smith
4: George "******" Smith or Raphael "Hooker" Ibanez
5: Matt "6' Prop" Stevens
6: Michael "Open-side-what-do-i-have-to-do-to-prove-I'm-English" Lipman
7: Rob "Centre" Dewey
8: Big Simon Keogh

9: Tom "2nd-row" Palmer!
10: Steve "same-as-Palmer" Borthwick
11: Josh Taumololo
12: Lewis "Flanker" Moody
13: Dan "I exist in two different forms" Ward-Smith
14: G "No.8" Browne
15: Iain "I'm a joke anyway" Balshaw

Please keep in mind that it's a text file found in the whole package, the actual roster may differ.

There's still a Rugby 2005 logo file in the .gob ;)

The Game's Tracklist :

Code:
$'Rhythm Of The Beat'
Performed by Deep Insight
Written by Deep Insight
Published by HMC Music Publishing and
BMG Music Publishing Scandinavia AB
Recording courtesy of HMC â€"
Helsinki Music Company

$'The Spaces Between'
Performed by Expatriate
Written by Ben King, Chris Kollias,
Damian Press and Tim Rogers
Copyright Control
Recording courtesy of Modular under
license from Universal Music Enterprises  

$'Low Happening'
Performed by Howling Bells
Written by Juanita Stein
Published by Chrysalis Music (ASCAP)
Recording courtesy of Howling Bells

$'Pale Blue Eyes'
Performed by HushPuppies
Written by HushPuppies
Published by Chut Le Caniche
Recording courtesy of Diamondtraxx

$'Fille à Plumes'
Performed by Malajube
Written by Thomas Augustin, Mathieu Cournoyer,
Francis Mineau and Julien Mineau
Published by Third Side Music Inc.
Recording courtesy of Dare To Care Records

$'This Plan'
Performed by Moke
Written by Felix Maginn, Phil Tilli,
Marcin Felis, Rob Klerkx and Eddy Steenken
Published by Chrysalis Music
Recording courtesy of PIAS

$'Freaks Are Out'
Performed by Quit Your Day Job
Written by Jonas Olsson, Marcus Bader
and Andreas Sjogrew
Published by Quit Your Day Job
Recording courtesy of Bad Taste Records

$'Anti-Anti'
Performed by Snowden
Written by Jordan Jeffares
Published by Snowden’s Secret Publishing (ASCAP)
Recording courtesy of Jade Tree

$'Benny Butler'
Performed by The Bang
Written by J.G. Ackerman
Published by Chameleon Publishing
Recording courtesy of Chameleon Records

$'Sirens'
Performed by The Temper Trap
Written by D. Mandaei
Copyright control
Recording courtesy of Liberation Music

$'Nature Of The Experiment'
Performed by Tokyo Police Club
Written by Tokyo Police Club
Copyright control
Recording courtesy of Memphis Industries Ltd.

$'T.R.O.U.B.L.E.'
Performed by We Are Wolves
Written by Antonin Marquis, Alexander Ortiz,
Vincent Levesque and Alexandre Beaulieu
Published by Third Side Music Inc.
Recording courtesy of Fat Possum

$CHANTS & ANTHEMS

$'Ka Mate'
Written by Mike Okrun
© Alpha Music Inc.
Used by Permission

$'Ireland's Call'
Written by Phil Coulter
© Phil Coulter/Four Seasons Music Ltd.

$'Various National Anthems of the World'
Performed by Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra
Peter Breiner, Conductor
(P) 1996, 2004
©  2005 Naxos Rights International Ltd.
Recordings courtesy of Marco Polo
Under license from NAXOS of America Inc.

Mission Files Structure :

"Missions" are described by simple XML files. This open up the possibiliy of custom challenges made by modders for the PC game !

Code:
<MISSION name="ENG vs FRA @ Parc de Paris" date="20061231" type="1" league="international" halflength="2" stadiumid="64" hometeamid="5" awayteamid="7" diff="1" matchtype="1" matchsubtype="8" control="0">
    <TEAM_LIST />
    <GAME>
        <ENVIRONMENT>
            <WEATHER pitch="0" temp="0" precipitation="0">
                <WIND power="0" x="0" y="0" z="0" />
            </WEATHER>
        </ENVIRONMENT>
        <STATE>
            <SCORE>
                <EVENT type="SS_TRY" team="home" player="17" time="480" />
                <EVENT type="SS_CONVERSION" team="home" player="16" time="501" />
            </SCORE>
            <MODE name="FORMATION" offensiveteam="home" time="600" period="0" />
            <NIS script_name="ScrumAway28" controller="0" team="home" player="0" angle="" x="28" y="" z="-39" />
        </STATE>
    </GAME>
    <OBJECTIVES>
        <OBJECTIVE stringid="" type="WinGame" mustpass="1">
            <PARAMETER name="amount" value="1" />
        </OBJECTIVE>
        <OBJECTIVE stringid="" type="HandleBallWithPlayers" mustpass="0">
            <PARAMETER name="num_required" value="8" />
        </OBJECTIVE>
        <OBJECTIVE stringid="" type="SoccerKick" mustpass="0">
            <PARAMETER name="distance" value="45" />
        </OBJECTIVE>
        <OBJECTIVE stringid="" type="PlayerEvent" mustpass="0">
            <PARAMETER name="interception" value="" />
        </OBJECTIVE>
    </OBJECTIVES>
    <SCREENS />
    <UNLOCKABLES>
        <UNLOCKABLE id="0" stringid="" />
    </UNLOCKABLES>
</MISSION>

Thanks heaps darhf for the rosters and stats Im gutted that EA still can't get the positions right all it wouldn't take much to sort them out.

The most disappointing for me is Hurricanes player David Smith on the game as a Centre, Fullback when he played Wing all season and his stats are weak as.

They've also got Corey Jane as Fullback which is right but is also a well known winger for the NZ Maori.

Latest posts