Rugby 08 Modding limitations?

RobbieD_PL

Academy Player
Country Flag
Europe
Club or Nation
Poland
Hi everyone,

It's been a very long time since I posted here, but I was the one who managed to unlock the Lions Tour way back with the Rugby 06 menu files. I can see that things have really progressed with entire season mods & even new stadiums! However, I have some fundamentals that I want to ask about, specifically some limitations that have existed (& if there have been any progress made since).
  1. Keyboard diagonal sprinting: I don't know if anyone has been able to overcome this limitation with the spacebar & if it's possible to reassign keys.

2. Australia/Australia A away white kit. I remember that the files had both full & minikits for a white alternate kit, but which was never able to be unlocked in the menus or playable in-game.

3. Lions Tour & Ten Nations menus. I know that I was able to unlock the Ten Nations & Lions Tour using the menu files from Rugby 06, but they didn't quite fit the Rugby 08 format. Did anyone ever fix them?

4. English/French language selection: Is it possible to select between the 2 languages, using the similar code in locale.ini like in the old FIFA games?
Any replies will be appreciated! I might have some more questions to add here later.

For point one, I changed to a gaming keyboard and now I run any way without needing to smash the arrow keys.

Australia A has been played with in past mods

Ten nations and lions tour is playable, but the background issue is still there

Another question I have. Is it possible to convert the national stadiums that were in Rugby 2004? I think there were locations like Montevideo, Tokyo, Bucharest, Moscow & it'd be great to add those teams as well. Plus, I can't remember if there were multiple Pacific Islands stadiums (other than just Suva).

Argentina don't have an away kit either.

The big one for me is having more flexibility in tournament schedules. I can't do a Super Rugby 22 or URC schedule because the game won't let the tournament use more/less than 14 teams.

It seems the game is limited to 80 stadiums so there's not much space to add extra's, I've made a list of 79 grounds to cover most teams + RWC 23 but I still have Fiji, Tonga and Samoa sharing Suva.

BTW, the FIFA version of Stadio Olimpico is much better than the SketchUp converted one I saw here. It's even possible to use the old .o & .fsh format from the old FIFA games.

Technically, the fixtures for URC can be made (Argentina added to Tri-nations file as an example)

If we use the Premiership and add 4 more teams (they cannot be selected or played with) it should work, but we cannot add more fixtures. There wont be a full season, but at least there will be enough to have a tournament

Does anyone have a copy of the rugbygob.xls spreadsheet? The original planetcricket link is dead.

Hi everyone,

It's been a very long time since I posted here, but I was the one who managed to unlock the Lions Tour way back with the Rugby 06 menu files. I can see that things have really progressed with entire season mods & even new stadiums! However, I have some fundamentals that I want to ask about, specifically some limitations that have existed (& if there have been any progress made since).
  1. Keyboard diagonal sprinting: I don't know if anyone has been able to overcome this limitation with the spacebar & if it's possible to reassign keys.

2. Australia/Australia A away white kit. I remember that the files had both full & minikits for a white alternate kit, but which was never able to be unlocked in the menus or playable in-game.

3. Lions Tour & Ten Nations menus. I know that I was able to unlock the Ten Nations & Lions Tour using the menu files from Rugby 06, but they didn't quite fit the Rugby 08 format. Did anyone ever fix them?

4. English/French language selection: Is it possible to select between the 2 languages, using the similar code in locale.ini like in the old FIFA games?
Any replies will be appreciated! I might have some more questions to add here later.
Still unable to resolve the Ten Nations issue, however since been able to add the Rugby Championship using the 6N Tournament. Appreciate if you've any information on how the original modders were able to assign CyberFaces to uses who's .big file isn't located within the data.gob

What's the limit for the number of enabled teams? I've been switching teams on/off to test and I'm not getting crashes, from what I've read above a certain number the game CTD's after ending a match?

Latest posts