• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

thanks mate, but if you looked back earlier in this thread or any of the other threads you would have seen it in there as well.

regarding centres maybe yannick jauzion for a star. for mine i think giteau should be one but mortlock not. here is my view:

NZ:
Hayman
Jack
Maccaw
Collins
Carter
Sivivivatu
Gear

AUS:
Larkham
Giteau
Latham

SAF:
Smit
Matfield
Burger
Du Preez
Habana

FRA:
Pelous
Harinodoquy
Jauzion

ENG:
Sheridan
Wilkinson

IRE:
O'Connell
O'Driscoll

WAL:
Henson
Williams [/b]

Henson??? Hasnt played well for Wales since the goal to beat England in 05! How do you forget Dwayne Peel, probably Wales' best player (providing he gets good ball from pack) , and also Wilko surely cant be a star anymore? He's no where near the form in 03!

Harinodoquay?? What????

[

Henson??? Hasnt played well for Wales since the goal to beat England in 05! How do you forget Dwayne Peel, probably Wales' best player (providing he gets good ball from pack) , and also Wilko surely cant be a star anymore? He's no where near the form in 03!

Harinodoquay?? What???? [/quote] henson was a class above anyone else brought to play aus but he can't be a star if he can't secure his spot in the top team

Good points about props and to a degree I agree.

But these stars that we are talking about are in an EA game. And in an EA game scrums are an absolute mess - I still think that scrums are random and as such when was the last time that anyone stole a tighthead and scored the match-winning try and then exclaimed how awesome the props were in turning the ball over? For me - never. I always say about bloody time that I got lucky with a scrum!

Until EA fixes up scrums (and rucks and mauls and lineout etc) there is no point in talking about props and stars.

It comes back to the old adage:

Forwards determine who wins; backs determine how much they win by.

As for Mortlock - it is arguable on whether he is the second best, or even best centre in the world - but just because you are the best doesn't mean that you are any good. Please thank about that for a moment before you blast me. It does make sense, honest!

I think, and I know that I am not alone, that there is a bit of a lack in quality centres at the moment. And that means that, BOD, apart there might not be any star centres in the next version of EA's rugby.

I rate Mortlock highly but I just think that their are other players in the Wallabies that deserve the star player ranking more than him - Smith, Larkham and Giteau. [/b]

They should make the star players like in NBA games Eg Carl would a strong scrumer and Carter would be a good kicker.

Latest posts