• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 PC - anyone have issues with Win7 (64bit)?

admartian

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
I've installed Rugby 08 on Windows 7 (64bit). Ir runs/installed fine, but during gameplay the actions fluctuate from players running slow.

This will vary from game to game, where at one point it will be at 'normal' speed, then suddenly be going at about halfway to slow-mo pace.

Anyone encounter this? If so did you fix it and how?

It used to happen on my old PC, it may be your graphics card.

Your system specs please?Try this out.
As soon as you enter the game and want to play hit Ctrl ,Alt and Del. Choose task manager.
Select the processes tab and search for Rugby 08.Right Click on it and select Set Affinity. Choose to use only one CPU.

Hope this helps!

I have never been able to get the game to run on Windows 7 64 bit it just crashes at the startup screen. Strangely it manages Rugby 04 without any trouble.

Last edited:
Uninstall Rugby 2008, then insert your installation disk in the machine, Copy the contents to a temp folder right click on the copied setup.exe and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" go through the wizard and save the gives you and run the application with those settings. It worked for me...

Try to run it in Windows XP compatibilty mode

- go to the shortcut, right click and go to 'properties'
- go to the tab 'Compatibility'
- Choose the option 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
- Pick the option 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'

Let me know

Try to run it in Windows XP compatibilty mode

- go to the shortcut, right click and go to 'properties'
- go to the tab 'Compatibility'
- Choose the option 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
- Pick the option 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'

Let me know

Also tick the "Run this program as an administrator" under the "Privledge level" on the Compatibility tab of the Rugby08.exe file...

Latest posts