• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

No online is inexcusable in 2014, so the focusing on other areas is blah blah blah, massive game breaker when they're known for their dumb AI, specially when trying to appeal to non rugby gamers. Maybe, just maybe, online features haven't been implemented yet.

Although, I have a feeling they may be releasing a World Cup edition a few months later, adding online, more teams, world cup mode,. Only speculation, the only thing good about no online is they have to have a very solid AI to keep the game challenging. I think many companies don't put enough emphasis on AI because they know a human opponent is the most unpredictable. So if they are really thinking about bringing out the game on a yearly bases, I would prefer they spend time putting out good innovative gameplay with good AI , rather then online balancing issues the first new game out.

Can any French translator, translate better the part about the rucking?

Cheers and Salud

Someone has done a good translation in the comments of a facebook post ob tge petition for rugby 14 page, forgot who ot was now

Although, I have a feeling they may be releasing a World Cup edition a few months later, adding online, more teams, world cup mode,. Only speculation, the only thing good about no online is they have to have a very solid AI to keep the game challenging. I think many companies don't put enough emphasis on AI because they know a human opponent is the most unpredictable. So if they are really thinking about bringing out the game on a yearly bases, I would prefer they spend time putting out good innovative gameplay with good AI , rather then online balancing issues the first new game out.

Can any French translator, translate better the part about the rucking?

Cheers and Salud

Yeah I second that! Gameplay and some decent licenses would make for a good start.

Yearly sounds fantastic. Let's hope it sells well and they continue building on it!

So does this mean the six nations r licensed and maybe some southern nations eg no and Australia?? The French translator says so.

Not officially announced yet but id say theres a big chance of six nations but as with southern hemisphere, could mean SA and Argentina as they were licensed by hb studios in rwc 2011, or they could have got the Aussie and NZ licences from sidhe, hopefully both are true

Don't really mind there not being an online mode. Probably wouldn't play it anyways :p Wouldn't mind a decent career mode though and the more licences the better!

Don't really mind there not being an online mode. Probably wouldn't play it anyways :p Wouldn't mind a decent career mode though and the more licences the better!
Same re: the online. I find too many people play unrealistically and throw crazy offloads and abuse glitches in the game especially the changing direction and throwing dummies repeatedly on RC.

Don't think the lack of online is much to complain about.

Servers would probably be crap, and how many active players would there be anyway realistically?

Someone has done a good translation in the comments of a facebook post ob tge petition for rugby 14 page, forgot who ot was now

Here is the translation from the guy on facebook.

The game is not as achieved as a classic FIFA game, but they took care of many details like the weather (slippery field, wind for the kicks, etc). It will include official license of French and British teams, local championships, the RBS 6 Nations, southern nations and the new ERC.
The goal was to release an accessible game, while still being close to the basics of the sport: you'll have to be faster than the opponent to execute some moves during rucks and scrums to keep or win the ball. The pass system isn't that accurate, due to the rule and the fact that your player may not move like the others, and developpers aren't used to this gameplay.
Defense is quite simple, as your teammates automatically tackle the opponent when he comes within their reach. During a play, you can choose offensive & defensive tactics using the D-pad, like many sports games. During goal kick attempts, you will choose direction and power, helped by distance & wind informations.
The different views during a game are either like on TV, or behind your players to have a better view of your opponents' placements. You can see your players getting dirtier as the match goes on, or tired, and prevent injuries with a more precise coaching. The crowd will react to the actions, and usual TV commentators will be present (Canal+ for the french).
There will be only a local multiplayer (4 max.), as developpers prefer to concentrate on the roots of the game this year, online will come with later releases. It will be released on Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita and PC.
Developpers' wish is to propose an anual game from now, which will follow the transfers and increase in the gameplay. Their first attempt is quite promising and will come out on late 2014

Just because a few people play ****ty doesn't mean no one should play. Servers wouldn't be crappy, it's just matchmaking, then it's P2P. It's not looking good, but it's not like there's an alternative out there, RC2 has major bugs and they won't be solved.

Here is the translation from the guy on facebook.

The game is not as achieved as a classic FIFA game, but they took care of many details like the weather (slippery field, wind for the kicks, etc). It will include official license of French and British teams, local championships, the RBS 6 Nations, southern nations and the new ERC.
The goal was to release an accessible game, while still being close to the basics of the sport: you'll have to be faster than the opponent to execute some moves during rucks and scrums to keep or win the ball. The pass system isn't that accurate, due to the rule and the fact that your player may not move like the others, and developpers aren't used to this gameplay.
Defense is quite simple, as your teammates automatically tackle the opponent when he comes within their reach. During a play, you can choose offensive & defensive tactics using the D-pad, like many sports games. During goal kick attempts, you will choose direction and power, helped by distance & wind informations.
The different views during a game are either like on TV, or behind your players to have a better view of your opponents' placements. You can see your players getting dirtier as the match goes on, or tired, and prevent injuries with a more precise coaching. The crowd will react to the actions, and usual TV commentators will be present (Canal+ for the french).
There will be only a local multiplayer (4 max.), as developpers prefer to concentrate on the roots of the game this year, online will come with later releases. It will be released on Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita and PC.
Developpers' wish is to propose an anual game from now, which will follow the transfers and increase in the gameplay. Their first attempt is quite promising and will come out on late 2014

Well this sounds great and is certainly better English but I think southern nations sounds like an unlicensed Rugby Championship and it didn't say ERC in the original so I'm expecting an unlicensed competition in the same format as the new cup. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't count on those Aus/Nzl licenses yet :(

Meh not complaining tbh. I think the most exciting info is the fact we can expect annual releases and won't have to wait years on end wondering if there ever will be another rugby game.

I'd rather annual rugby games with no online in the first than just one big bang at it every so often (which has proven to see us let down)

dunc, you being sacrastic?

Sounds to me like Rugby 15 is going to be a canvas upon which future instalments are built. Rugby 16 will probably improve passing, add a World Cup mode and provide online play (Which was a big deal for me for the first time, seeing as me and my brother are going to be living more than a short hop away in a few months). I'll still get Rugby 15, but I'm perhaps more cautious.

I think that what it says is that there are game modes similar to the official tournaments, doesn't specify if the teams are licensed or not, international tournament licenses are separate of the teams, you can have all the teams licensed but not the tournament. It does say multiple times that this would be their largest license effort by Bigben, which could mean many more licenses coming.
I'm also not sure about online, the article says no, but it also says that you can see your friends results and message them like in FIFA, what stops them from playing against each other then? Maybe online wasn't in the build and they misunderstood.
Lion, you should be happy to know that jackling is implemented.
It also talks a lot about bad graphics and poor AI, it sounds like it will be a small upgrade from RWC2011.

I hope every tackle isn't huge and sidesteps r more realistic and u can do one of those slides into the corner and they have to check tmo. I'd love if they had players kicking styles correct like ruan pienaars relaxed style

I hope every tackle isn't huge and sidesteps r more realistic and u can do one of those slides into the corner and they have to check tmo. I'd love if they had players kicking styles correct like ruan pienaars relaxed style
like in rugby 08 and the RWC 2011 yeah that be cool

First post in a century (well it seems like one!) rather enjoyed rugby challenge with sliders however I believe for actual flowing rugby hb studios had the best base to build a next gen game. Am hopeful of having a rugby game with longevity as that has been lost over the last 3 years

The best news in that article is that we can expect annual releases. :)

I think that what it says is that there are game modes similar to the official tournaments, doesn't specify if the teams are licensed or not, international tournament licenses are separate of the teams, you can have all the teams licensed but not the tournament. It does say multiple times that this would be their largest license effort by Bigben, which could mean many more licenses coming.
I'm also not sure about online, the article says no, but it also says that you can see your friends results and message them like in FIFA, what stops them from playing against each other then? Maybe online wasn't in the build and they misunderstood.
Lion, you should be happy to know that jackling is implemented.
It also talks a lot about bad graphics and poor AI, it sounds like it will be a small upgrade from RWC2011.

Good to hear about the jacking, hopefully the balance is there, sliders are key, that's why I like Rc2 you can balance it to play how you want. As for the jackling , sidhe has got the balance down very good, I don't think people realize how good and balanced it is ,a little more difficult on pro but still good, and the best part is that if you time it just right you can counter the Jackling with a hold on to the ball, I bet 50% of people that play don't even realize you can do this:). They even have an animation for the Jackling attempt. Ad some more rucking penalties and you have a great system.

cheers and salud

Latest posts