• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Looks terrible and clunky. My only hope is that the trailer was made using footage captured from a beta version and that there will be big gameplay improvements at least.

Not much hope though.

Last we heard it was in pre-beta, so I'm hoping the same...
Strange that the graphics are that behind if they're developing it for the new generation of consoles, so not expecting a huge improvement if this is all they've managed so far :(

Leave it another year and continue without development. Always think a games should be 2+ years in development

Looks terrible and clunky. My only hope is that the trailer was made using footage captured from a beta version and that there will be big gameplay improvements at least.

Not much hope though.

in the lower left corner of the teaser is written that the footage are taken from a beta version

They'd be idiots to release a trailer taken from footage that looks considerably worse than actual gameplay - you'd normally go for the other way around!

If they're looking to release this within the next couple of months (which they are) the game will be all but done now, as they've got to submit it to the various companies for testing on the consoles/to see it meets their safety standards etc., get it all sent out to be "printed" etc.

Won't hold breath bout it being Beta, if they happy to release that footage.

Good news is all they have to do is go and see the one, part time graphics bloke they hired turn of the century and explain to him that PS4 and Xone came out last year and pay him for a whole hours work this time.

This is actually the only trailer I woulda been happy to see a ' Not actual game footage ' in bottom corner...

Last edited:
Won't hold breath bout it being Beta, if they happy to release that footage.

Good news is all they have to do is go and see the one, part time graphics bloke they hired turn of the century and explain to him that PS4 and Xone came out last year and pay him for a whole hours work this time.

This is actually the only trailer I woulda been happy to see a ' Not actual game footage ' in bottom corner...

To be fair it does say Beta in the corner ...

To be fair it does say Beta in the corner ...

Apologies, I seen that but I meant different from the Beta. HB can rely on all you guys to buy it with your 'it could be great gameplay' theories. That is their business strategy :p

I'll keep an eye on this forum when it comes out because you guys will give valid opinions that I will definitely take onboard before purchasing.

It boggles my mind that they have hardly improved on rugby 08 in 6 years. I don't understand how hard it must be to make a realistic/fun game but it's weird nobody has been able to get near it. The original Jonah wasn't realistic but at least it was fun. Same for rugby 08. Challenge wasn't fun, even though it looked awesome and had good content. Oh well will have to wait a few more years I guess.

Personnaly i dont think graphics matter to much, all about the gameplay, and since i didn't get to play rugby 08 much, im looking forward to it. One question, has there been any mention of international licenses, as i prefer playing as country's, im on pc so i can get mods but still interested.

Personnaly i dont think graphics matter to much, all about the gameplay, and since i didn't get to play rugby 08 much, im looking forward to it. One question, has there been any mention of international licenses, as i prefer playing as country's, im on pc so i can get mods but still interested.

Apparently they're still working on securing them, so says a French magazine that played it and spoke with the developers. There was another rumour that they've now all but secured the Six Nations license with all six teams, but nothing's been confirmed as of yet.

Apparently they're still working on securing them, so says a French magazine that played it and spoke with the developers. There was another rumour that they've now all but secured the Six Nations license with all six teams, but nothing's been confirmed as of yet.
ok thatnk you, would be really good if we could secure them, would increase the market allowing for better games n the future

They can have all the licences in the world but due to the trailer ill be nowhere near it!

I guess there is nothing else to it but to wait for more information. We can speculate and speculate and say what we think and what we know etc, but until more information is revealed or the game is actually released, until that time comes, then and only then will we actually know the full details. Not before.

I'm kinda hoping that this is a before and after teaser, but either way at least now I know I won't get disappointed.

Overall a little underwhelmed by the footage, considering that hb have done good things in utilising next gen capabilities with The golf club.

I don't have an issue with the animations from a distance, i thought the opening phase of play showed some nice transitions from multiple tackle breaks.

My knowledge of the whole game development stages is pretty limited but thought id post this (granted from a yahoo answers post) to maybe shatter some dreams of intensive graphical improvements.

Conceptualization: this is coming up with the idea, and ideas about how the game system will work.

High-level design: this is looking at user requirements, coming up with the mechanism of how the user (player) will interact with the software and what feedback they will get. This takes the form of "use cases" which describe what should happen in every situation.

Detailed design: this focuses on, as the ***le suggests, the details of how the high-level design will work. It might include broad concepts of how the implementation (the actual code) will work, but at this point it will be limited to 'black-box' classes and will not go into how those classes will work internally.

Implementation: the writing of the code.

Pre-alpha: initial testing. This is where the individual components are all tested individually as discrete units.

Alpha: this is integration testing. All the components work on their own, so it's time to make sure they work together.

Beta: Having determined that the components work as they should together, this period is for squashing any bugs that weren't picked up earlier. Some software houses will involve their user base in this testing.

Silver: The software works and is ready to ship, but the art, game balance, etc. still need to be tweaked and polished.

Gold: The game is ready to ship.

So yer, cant see much changing. Could be wrong but there we go! Ill still buy it lol

Guys go onto xboxygen and there is another hands on. I do not know how to paste link as I am on iPad! The gameplay sounds decent with this article.

google translate:

Having had the opportunity to see it for the first time at E3 2014, we have discovered again at Gamescom 2014 with a more advanced version technically and content. Planned for this fall on the new generation consoles, Rugby 15 is anticipated by fans of discipline especially as competition is almost nonexistent and publisher Big Ben Interactive intends to take the opportunity to install this new franchise.

With teeth protectors

It is once again PS4 we had the opportunity to review the game in a more advanced since the last time we had seen to notice that version good progress in dressing and also technically with display bugs less. Although clearly the game does not offer as high a quality visual FIFA, Rugby 15 remains simple, yet effective. On the field, there are many players, the ball realistic physics, especially on rebounds and lawn deteriorates as especially when the weather is rainy. The important technical aspect is the animation of the players especially for a rugby game in which the players' movements are complex since we must ensure both the lower and upper body. On this point, the game a little fishing at the animation arm, to make the passes, which are not quite natural. But as we explained the publisher, the main aim of the first game is to provide a game with an interesting and realistic gameplay for fans of the rugby and not just a bluffing game graphically.

In the melee

Let us essentially with the playability and feel joystick in hand. For a first experience, the game features an accessible and relevant gameplay. The sequence of passes is easily accomplished with the right travel teammates all very smoothly, despite the presence of 30 players on the field. Groupings on the ground are also well represented by the ball carrier that protects with the help of his comrades and automatically, a kind of mini-game is triggered to maintain or recover possession. The principle is to direct the right stick to increase a gauge on a curve and confirm with a higher gauge than your opponent. Player movement take into account the physics of the latter, in fact according to their size and their fatigue, their race will be different as does losing speed after a certain number of feet after heavy acceleration . All without forgetting the risk of injury. Regarding tackles, simply directing his player facing his opponent for the movement is triggered smoothly.

The kicking game also works with, again, a questionable movie but it does not interfere too much in course of actions. Penalty shots are simply with a gauge and a direction while taking into account the strength and direction of the wind. And every throw-in, there is a choice between the penalty shot, release or touch the foot to revive hand afterwards.

Rugby 15 provides the ability to play the official championship of the Top 14 and ProD2 but also other English league licensed and other unofficial competitions, including the national teams. It is also possible to create your own competition and rules.

Converted try?

The latter overview of Rugby 15 gives us the feeling that it may not be the perfect game for rugby this year but it will install a new franchise that will evolve each season. For this first game, the developers have focused on three fundamentals: an artificial intelligence quality, immersive gameplay and authenticity. The graphics and technical improvements will come in a second time at the next parts. Still, that Rugby 15 is a must for fans of the sport despite its few teething problems.

Definitely a more promising review there. What they say about the arm animations fits in with what we saw in that teaser trailer, still nothing gamebreaking.

Latest posts